• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Tizoc

Yo Spider Jerusalem, what's the source of your Supergirl avatar?

Just got my iPad Pro 9.7"~
Huh could've sworn my cousin's was bigger but this little sucker is good enough. Time to read some 2000 AD comics on it.

Penguin

DC reviving the Wildstorm brand with Warren Ellis

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/10/04/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

WildStorm will debut mid-February 2017 with a regular monthly comic titled The Wild Storm, written by Ellis with art by Jon Davis-Hunt (Vertigo’s Clean Room). This ongoing series will reset the known WildStorm universe and introduce new iterations of WildStorm characters such as Grifter, Voodoo, The Engineer, Jenny Sparks and others.

"After long reflection, I couldn't turn down the invitation to renovate the house that Jim Lee built, and refit its unique combination of cosmic paranoia and paramilitary conspiracy for the post-political space madness of the twenty-teens,” said Ellis. “Looking back to look forward."

THE WILD STORM will serve as a launching pad for several future series: Michael Cray, WildC.A.T.S. and Zealot. No creative team announcements have yet been made for those books.

OH wow, this is awesome. Wildstorm curated by Ellis, Young Animal by Way. I like what they're doing these days with htis stuff. Hopefully that Vertigo/Sandman stuff curated by Gaiman is next...

It's really not that different to how the hellboy books worked for years either. Of course, that didn't happened so calculated, but Mike being the writer on the main book, but actually bringing in fresh writers and artists to helm other books under a tight imprint, heavily curated and steered by *the name*, with a fairly consistent look and feel. We could obviously point back to the original image studios but...extreme studios...the original wildstorm...I like my example better haha.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's a lot better than Twitter threads where people are hoping it bombs.
No, sorry, I cant take this shit talk anymore.
People who dont dont have any plan what they are talking about, people who scream that its racist to make Danny Rand white and who would scream that it would be racist when he would be the cool asian who can do Kung-Fu.

We have zero idea what at least happens in that show and when there is really stupid stuff going on I am fine with people complaining, but smh. Its so annoying.

No, sorry, I cant take this shit talk anymore.
People who dont dont have any plan what they are talking about, people who scream that its racist to make Danny Rand white and who would scream that it would be racist when he would be the cool asian who can do Kung-Fu.

We have zero idea what at least happens in that show and when there is really stupid stuff going on I am fine with people complaining, but smh. Its so annoying.

Why do you even go participate in that stuff man haha talk about it in here, the thread was dead for hours this afternoon, and we have people here who actually read th-

Oh wait. Nvm.

I'm kidding of course dude, I'm pretty psyched for the show! Maybe the most out of them all if they nail it.

Owzers

Finished Deadly Class vol 1, i see why people like it, but it reminds me of Preacher where the content is just too much for me. I like the art, especially when Marcus
because the king of acid
and the story being more focused on the interactions between students was enjoyable even if i wasn't expecting this direction. I thought it would be more assassiny and less
drugged out road trippy

If i didn't already have the next two trades i don't think i'd continue despite being interested.

Finished Deadly Class vol 1, i see why people like it, but it reminds me of Preacher where the content is just too much for me. I like the art, especially when Marcus
because the king of acid
and the story being more focused on the interactions between students was enjoyable even if i wasn't expecting this direction. I thought it would be more assassiny and less
drugged out road trippy

If i didn't already have the next two trades i don't think i'd continue despite being interested.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I quite understood what you mean by too much man. As in too graphic? There are some quite dark/borderline sick moments although i wont give example, cant quite remember whats from what volume right now.

Otherwise, good write-up. I actually really like that it isn't quite as assassins as you might assume and that it spends quite a bit of time on building relationships and generally being a bit of a teen drama. I honestly think teen melodrama suits Remender's heavy handed dialogue and style too, and I don't mean that as a cheap dig. Genuinely, it works as a strength by changing the age group.

giphy.gif

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
because the king of acid
drugged out road trippy

That's pretty much how I felt too. I was hoping for a Harry Potter style school for assassins, and didn't really get that. I liked it fine, but not enough to keep buying.

because the king of acid
drugged out road trippy

They focus more on assassinations after that while mixing in the drama.

Owzers

Hmmm. I'm not sure I quite understood what you mean by too much man. As in too graphic? There are some quite dark/borderline sick moments although i wont give example, cant quite remember whats from what volume right now.

Otherwise, good write-up. I actually really like that it isn't quite as assassins as you might assume and that it spends quite a bit of time on building relationships and generally being a bit of a teen drama. I honestly think teen melodrama suits Remender's heavy handed dialogue and style too, and I don't mean that as a cheap dig. Genuinely, it works as a strength by changing the age group.

Definitely the graphic part. There is
animal fuckery hanging over the book now, waiting to strike.

Dusknoir

Looking thought dcbs today and saw there's no Snotgirl or Black Monday Murders for December. That blows cuz the only Image book I'm getting now is Ad After Death.
I'll just use that money for Justice League vs Suicide Squad.

Definitely the graphic part. There is
animal fuckery hanging over the book now, waiting to strike.

Right. You would definitely find some other stuff uncomfortable then haha. I don't want to say it goes way too gratuitous, at least the volumes I've read, but I don't blame you for feeling that way either. He's clearly trying to invoke those feelings, to put the character/s in that space of vilification, but it doesn't make it easier to read.

It's a difficult line to tread when the aim is to make a character in a story deplorable or depraved to the reader, but not to dance too far over the line that it makes the reader find the actual book itself repulsive. I think a lot of subtlety needed.

Wow, this TMMT/Batman book is really fucking good. I'm 34 and loved the Turtles growing up but haven't really tried the comics at all. This was on sale a few weeks ago and I started it and it just a really cool comic.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There needs to be a Flash Villains who is called HTML5.

Please tell me that someone made a joke involving Flash and HTML5 in a Flash book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How does your Marvel App look like? I have a pink banner on the top with a strange number-letter combination in it. Has this anyone else?

Messi

Wow, this TMMT/Batman book is really fucking good. I'm 34 and loved the Turtles growing up but haven't really tried the comics at all. This was on sale a few weeks ago and I started it and it just a really cool comic.

The ongoing Turtles book is great. But has no Batman.

Top Bottom