• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

MG310

Just a better costume all around. Her current costume is so bad. It's kind of nothing. It's boring.

Acuna is the only one who should draw that one.

tumblr_np6yneqJdo1taavj0o1_1280.jpg

Deadly Class #22
[1/5]: Yo, lmao, seriously?
I expected something to do with Marcus being back or hints towards that at least. I have no issues with main characters getting killed off but... Remender's world building and handling of the other characters in this series means I don't really give a shit about a Marcus-less Deadly Class. The world isn't interesting enough and large amounts of the cast right now are a snooze fest.

Dropped.

Deadly Class #22
I expected something to do with Marcus being back or hints towards that at least. I have no issues with main characters getting killed off but... Remender's world building and handling of the other characters in this series means I don't really give a shit about a Marcus-less Deadly Class. The world isn't interesting enough and large amounts of the cast right now are a snooze fest.

Dropped.
The new story just started.

Dam dude. lol

The new story just started.

Dam dude. lol

Yea but money is money. This issue doesn't really instill me with any sort of confidence as to Remender's handling of the story or characters.

If my complaints are addressed, I'll pick it back up.

But
no Marcus? No buy.

He in 3 and 4.

Marvel is disrespecting Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and the characters by putting politics in my comics. Stan Lee would never approve of Liberal opinions in his books!
Oh that's right. He visited Jack Flag in the hospital.
Acuna is the only one who should draw that one.
Preach. Super sad that run didn'5 go longer and ended on a rather mediocre note.

I don't consider trades the same way I do floppies. Floppies, I used to buy, read, then toss in a box until I recycled most of them. But the stuff I really liked, I want to have in a collected format. Sure digital is great, but what are you going to do when aliens hit Earth with an EMP bomb and destroy all electronics on earth? Can't read digital comics then!

Tragicomedy: 0
Freeza: 1

Not read comics? Ummmmm, hide with my family and eat canned food.

TheFlow

Banned
Yea but money is money. This issue doesn't really instill me with any sort of confidence as to Remender's handling of the story or characters.

If my complaints are addressed, I'll pick it back up.

But
no Marcus? No buy.
Bruh Marcus is a piece of shit. Remender spends several arcs telling us how much of a piece of shit he is and how he is a bad assassin compared to everyone but willie. He didn't know how to play the game.

Not being attached to any of the characters is a good thing because none of them are cool people and even Saya is cold blooded.

This book is not like saga and others where it inspires hope.

This is Battle Royale!

Bruh Marcus is a piece of shit. Remender spends several arcs telling us how much of a piece of shit he is and how he is a bad assassin compared to everyone but willie. He didn't know how to play the game.

Not being attached to any of the characters is a good thing because none of them are cool people and even Saya is cold blooded.

This is Battle Royale!

Right, I got all of that.
But he's a piece of shit amongst other pieces of shits. And he had the most development going for him. If the world was interesting enough and I thought Remender had a good handle on portraying other characters, I'd still be reading it.

As it stands, Remender killed off half the crew and I didn't give a shit because I thought his handling of the characterization, back story and just general portrayal of said characters was ass.

Deadly Class basically reminds me of writings where the author gets kill happy and "anyone can die." Except the writer just cant make me care about any of the characters so they might as well be meaningless deaths.

It's sorta like what Game of Thrones does but in the opposite capacity.

This is Battle Royale!
Remender showed Marcus being in a tragic position in his life. It would not have made any sense for him to keep going and surviving a school full of expert killers. And I feel like a lot of his friends were put in the same tragic position as he is. They all just wanted to hang and take it easy and that was a big no-no for the school. Remember, they broke every rule. Saya was like the only one of the group that's not afraid to pull the trigger and not let her guard down. I sympathize with their anger of the world they were born into at the very least.

I like the new characters so far. Quan looks unhinged but interesting. Fuck Viktor, Brandy, and Shabby. I hope they get got good.

Ms. Marvel #11
[4/5]: I wasn't really feeling this issue given that it's a really simplistic take on a dumb conflict brought down even further by how it was being handled in the comic (sort of like the issue was being brushed over). But man oh man,
Bruno telling Kamala off
was just the thing the story needed. I was hoping the entire time something like that would happen and I'm glad it didn't disappoint in that regard.

Owzers

I'm putting off hawkeye in favor of deadly class volume 2. Also, someone in overwatch called our team a bunch of crayon eaters when we lost.

Also that VP debate, pence did make a good case on why we shouldn't let mutants stay in this country, humans first.

Oh cool, I'll be fine then. I'm reading it all in trade, so I'll be done with Hellboy before I get that far in BPRD.

Yea, the upcoming release order of the trades are fool proof, vol 14 just dropped, then HB in Hell is in a a week or two (not sure exactly what the date for US is, maybe a week before me), but the big finale isn't collected until vol. 15 which is all the way (way...wayyyy...wayyyy) away in April, so plenty of time to read HBiH. Although, since I'm on full black out for anything not collected, suuuuuper interesting to hear that HBiH is actually full on integral to the end of BPRD. Goddaaaaaamn it.

Foofaraw

Ugh. I just bagged and boarded a bunch of comics that I'd left sitting around for months. The rolled spines are real.

Also, I have too many fucking floppies. I would go all digital if it wasn't significantly more expensive. I get a 35% discount on preorders. Come on, Comixology, give me a reason to switch over and put my awesome local store out of business.

I guess on the bright side I have a bunch of Lemiere X-men to start fires with this winter.

Ugh. I just bagged and boarded a bunch of comics that I'd left sitting around for months. The rolled spines are real.

Also, I have too many fucking floppies. I would go all digital if it wasn't significantly more expensive. I get a 35% discount on preorders. Come on, Comixology, give me a reason to switch over and put my awesome local store out of business.

I guess on the bright side I have a bunch of Lemiere X-men to start fires with this winter.

Hmm, if only there was an other option to floppies or digital, they kept nicer with no need for bag and board, they showed real good on a shelf, they were quite a good deal cheaper than single issues AND buying those bags and boards, and you could still support your store by buying them there...:D

become the trade

Hmm, if only there was an other option to floppies or digital, they kept nicer with no need for bag and board, they showed real good on a shelf, they were quite a good deal cheaper than single issues AND buying those bags and boards, and you could still support your store by buying them there...:D

become the trade

Go Omnibus or Go Home

Go Omnibus or Go Home

Haha, a lot of people feel that way. I actually do the opposite, I avoid omnibus and in the past I have traded omnibus out for individual hardcover or softcover trades. I just don't like the reading experience of such a thick heavy book, although they are often designed so nicely, nice binding and trade dress etc. 12 or so issues is usually my limit.

Foofaraw

become the trade

I love trades, have a bunch of those as well. Feels good getting a few floppies a month, and IST is too good a deal to pass up when everything is full retail on those at my store.

Edit: And yeah, Omni's are great in concept, but a disaster to read. I have a New X-Men Omni that I still haven't read all of because of how huge a pain it is to physically hold.

I love trades, have a bunch of those as well. Feels good getting a few floppies a month, and IST is too good a deal to pass up when everything is full retail on those at my store.

Edit: And yeah, Omni's are great in concept, but a disaster to read. I have a New X-Men Omni that I still haven't read all of because of how huge a pain it is to physically hold.

Hahah I'm just teasing man. The industry would do well to lean into trade harder though if they want to keep physical alive. Honestly, the argument of singles vs trade is a dying beast, digital is going to replace both as the main way to read, if it hasn't already, and imo trade makes more sense in a digital world as a deluxe alternative to try and sell to people.

Messi

Sitting on the plane waiting to take off to NYCC. Going to fight Zombeen for GrandHarrier. Wish me luck.

Deadly Class #22

Dropped.

lmao how the hell did you think
he was alive?
. god damn it's so unambiguous about it too in #21

did anybody read that deadman comic yet? will pick it up in a few hours.

Zombine

Banned
That feeling when you don't even have to leave to get to go to NYCC.

Just placed my order for Squirrel Girl OHC and Uncanny X-Men vol 2!

Top Bottom