• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Messi

You took the picture didn't you? haha

I am seriously a few rows back

kPvaLpv.jpg

Welp, a few weeks old spoiler for Death of X #1 turned out to be true. We never talked about it here but
Jamie Madrox and all his copies are dead starting the death toll of the Inhuman vs X-Men conflict with a few hundred dead

Welp, a few weeks old spoiler for Death of X #1 turned out to be true. We never talked about it here but
Jamie Madrox and all his copies are dead starting the death toll of the Inhuman vs X-Men conflict with a few hundred dead

Never have I been more looking forward to a book and not looking forward to a book at the same damn time.

TheFlow

Banned
Why did I click this fucking spoiler. I hate you for posting this so early in the morning

lmao how the hell did you think
he was alive?
. god damn it's so unambiguous about it too in #21

did anybody read that deadman comic yet? will pick it up in a few hours.

I dunno. Non lethal hit or something. Plus the whole whispering bit made me think there was some other stuff going on.

Remender was aping shitty manga with the whole Shabnam thing, thought maybe he'd go all the way.

Ross61

If him being on 3 books prevents him from making one great, that's much more telling of his writing. There are writers who are far more stretched and still make sure every book is quality.

TheFlow

Banned
If him being on 3 books prevents him from making one great, that's much more telling of his writing. There are writers who are far more stretched and still make sure every book is quality.
I don't think Percy has ever been on 3 books at once though, plus look at King and remender. Great writers that can't make that third series aweomse aka batman/black science.

Penguin

American Gods to be adapted into comics by Dark Horse

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/0...7?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Fans of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods have been buzzing for a while now about the upcoming Starz TV adaptation of the novel from showrunner Bryan Fuller. As it turns out, that’s not the only American Gods adaptation coming out next year. Dark Horse will also be publishing a graphic novel series based on American Gods, to be written by P. Craig Russell and illustrated by Scott Hampton, with covers by Glenn Gabry and Adam Brown. The cover to the first issue, seen above, depicts the buffalo-headed man who haunts protagonist Shadow Moon throughout the novel.

Also who all from here is going to NYCC?

American Gods to be adapted into comics by Dark Horse

That's cool I guess, good for the crowd who won't read the book. I'm a pretty big fan of Gaiman's novels, but I find this stuff kind of unfulfilling sometimes, like with the dark tower adaptations at Marvel. Without the original writer's voice, I don't know. P. Craig Russell is cool though, I love The Vampire Of Prague so it definitely has potential, and it's not that complex a thing to bring over. Pretty soon you'll be able to enjoy american gods any way you like. It's cool he'll be ptiching in his own stuff alongside some other guest artists too.

Messi

I don't think Percy has ever been on 3 books at once though, plus look at King and remender. Great writers that can't make that third series aweomse aka batman/black science.

King - sheriff , vision and omega men all ran at the same time.

Remender is debatable with Low Deady Class and Black Science. Sure you may not dig it but plenty of people do. You don't get that many issues if people aren't digging it. See Tokyo Ghost.

Hey, not all people dislike the way Batman is going. I thought the first issue was meh and the whole Suicide Squad numbers thing was dumb but other than that I think it's been amazing. The two Gotham's were really paid off well in my mind.

Ross61

Well, I'm personally enjoying Batman so I can't agree with that sentiment. And I don't think he's been working on all 3 concurrently. King has several scripts written ahead of time. I don't know about Black Science, but as I understand it was critically acclaimed in the beginning. And look at Waid and Lemire. They're probably both on 5+ books right and 9/10 they're greatness.

Well, I'm personally enjoying Batman so I can't agree with that sentiment. And I don't think he's been working on all 3 concurrently. King has several scripts written ahead of time. I don't know about Black Science, but as I understand it was critically acclaimed in the beginning. And look at Waid and Lemire. They're probably both on 5+ books right and 9/10 they're greatness.

I loved Black Science through the first arc or two and then it dropped off so heavily I'm near dropping it.

TheFlow

Banned
Woah buddy 9/10? Lemire is one of my favs but even I can't say that

ElNarez

Banned
Invincible Iron Man #14 is the best possible reason to hate Civil War II. It is as good as that event is bad. It is the comic Civil War II wishes it could be, but can't because if you've got Marquez, you're gonna make him draw the Big Moments, and not the actual interesting meaty character stuff.

But also it's hilarious in light of the CWII delays because its ending assumes you already know
that, inevitably, Tony is totally gonna bite it, it's all kinds of fucking obvious, sorry you had to find out that way.

tim1138

Was having a look at this Namesake book Orlando has coming up at boom, looks pretty rad man. He deserves it as his Final Fantasy VII haha. Art is great too

I'm stoked for Namesake, it looks and sounds great. It's gonna be awesome in January when like 1/4 of my books are from Orlando.

smisk

I feel like I say this every week, but there's too much good shit coming out right now! Picking up Deadman and Cage this week, plus all the stuff on my pull list that's been piling up. I also feel like there's a ton of good stuff I am neglecting and will check out someday in trade or MU.
Still undecided on Death of X but I might grab it as well. Trying to cut back on my spending but comics make it very hard.

Top Bottom