• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Finished Deadly Class vol 3: book is still weird, and sooooo much drug usage. I have liked it more since it moved on from the first arc and i do want to read more.

But i kind of don't?

But i do.
The only way to know if Marcus will have his happy herpes family you gotta keep reading.

Blue Beetle is horrible. I mean, the art is okay. And that's the only positive thing I can say about it. The dialogue is incessant and it's all terrible. I'll straight up read the Green Lanterns intro page over this.

I am now up to speed with Civil War, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, and Captain Marvel.

In the span of one event, Carol has lost her:

Lover
Best friend
Protege
and currently in the process of losing Alpha Flight

if she doesn't somehow become the "victor" in all of this...Jesus Christ.

wow.png
@how much that convo with Magneto in the latest Captain Marvel was in poor taste

mreddie

Crosspost from the Marvel Now Shattered Dreams thread.

Okay, I think we can play this game. Which books will fall to the pit of canned and how long will they last? 12 issues is the touchdown.

Marvel Now! 2012
Sif: 8
Red She Hulk: 10
Alpha: 6
Morbius: 9
Thanos Rising: 5

All New Marvel Now!
Avengers Undercover: 10
Iron Patriot: 5
All-New Doop: 5
Elektra: 11
Deadly Hands of Kung Fu : 5
Savage Hulk: 5
Storm: 11

Avengers Now I think I'm gonna count despite launching in January.
Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier: 11
Deathlok: 10
Superior Iron Man: 9
Angela: Asgard's Assassin: 6

ANAD Marvel
Vote Loki: 4
AN Hawkeye: 11 (Counting the Avengers NOW run)
Howling Commandos: 6
Drax: 11
Illuminati: 7
Star Lord:7 (Tricky since it actually follows up on Legendary Star Lord)
Red Wolf: 6
Web Warriors: 11
Starbrand & Nightmask: 6
Weirdworld: 6
Agents of SHIELD: 10
A-Force: 10
Rocket Raccoon and Groot: 10
Mockingbird: 8
Hyperion: 6
Nighthawk: 6

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Remember when Wanda Maximoff made everyones Lifedream come true in House of M and Carol Danvers was worlds most popular superhero?

Adnor

Banned
I am now up to speed with Civil War, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, and Captain Marvel.

Lover
Best friend
Protege

wow.png
@how much that convo with Magneto in the latest Captain Marvel was in poor taste

She even lost her sponsor.

mreddie

Lover
Best friend
Protege

wow.png

In WWE logic, she's John Cena.

Seems like Marvel Now is a success/that their week 1 books are very good? :D

I dunno, I still need to read Jessica Jones and it sounds like that's one of the better ones but overall kind of mixed for me? Death of X was kinda bad, Cage was cringe, Champions was reasonably good but not out of this world or anything.

Room for improvement. Gonna read JJ now I think.

Sandfox

Slow your roll there GP, it is week one man

Next week is GLA, Mosaic and Green Gunman. I'm trying all of them but they could easily all be terrible.

I'm expecting the latter two to be good and I remember Dan Slott saying that the new GLA book is legit.

Seems like Marvel Now is a success/that their week 1 books are very good? :D
I read Champions, Jessica Jones, Doctor Strange, and Mercs for Money with all of them being good in my eyes.

Someone take him up on that D Strange offer. Seriously great book. Beside Bachalo's hands... good god.

No takers </3 I didn't expect so though, I think literally everyone has read those issues. I'll keep the code in my back pocket. Someone at some point will come along interested in reading them, and I'll be waiting to pounce. Or maybe it's the hands...

Okay I know I'm not the only one who liked Wytches...

Nah, I liked it too man. A good bit in fact, a problematic Snyder book is still a well constructed story with something to say imo. I do remember there were a few things that bugged me, but honestly it's been a good while, and the details escape me. I think I enjoyed it, but thought it ended up feeling a little crushed or a little poorly paced? I'm not sure.

Also, I ended up skipping a bunch of games because Dragon Quest VII took much lnoger than expected. And I actually haven't finished Deus Ex yet....but Recore, Forza, Gears, should I buy these?

Ahem, the buddy movie with Dennis Quiad the washed up dragonslayer and Sean Connery the washed up dragon, that Dragonheart?

That is a delightful film.

Reading Earth 2. Stuff is GREAT. Man. I read volume one a long time ago but I re-read it today because it's been so long. On the plus side, I see so many more JSA parallels and characters that completely passed me by the first time I read it.
It's godlike
"Oh you were in a death camp? boo fucking hoo!"

nice carol nice
Carol's the worst. Also, fuck Civil War 2: X-Men. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED. IT'S A SHITTIER PROLOGUE TO IVX.
Remember when Wanda Maximoff made everyones Lifedream come true in House of M and Carol Danvers was worlds most popular superhero?

Lover
Best friend
Protege

wow.png

The solicits for
Mighty Captain Marvel #1 point to Carol winning, but having to struggle with all the shit she did to get there.

Re-reading Whedon's Astonishing and I have a question:
the flashback with Emma talking to Cassandra Nova about a plan: did that actually happen? Later on they say that Nova latched on to Emma the moment she was killed at the Xavier Mansion, so that would've been AFTER Genosha. Plus, Nova refers to triggering Emma's secondary mutation to survive Genosha. However Scott mentions that Nova has actually been using Emma's guilt to control her. So is Nova just convincing Emma that she's responsible for the secondary mutation, or is she actually responsible? Or am I misremembering the first arc of New X-Men entirely?
CWII: X-Men is the worst Marvel book since Hyperion

...which I guess wasn't that long ago, but it was really bad
It was terrible. Only good things it did was remember that Rachel Grey and Dewoz exist.

Amazing Spider-Man was brutal this week, I feel like we hardly ever see
JJJ
so emotionally vulnerable, but when it does happens it cuts deep to some realities a lot of people have to deal with. It seems like Slott can get serious when he needs to, haven't had an issue like this since No One Dies. Hopefully he's able to keep the quality up.

I know Clone Conspiracy is coming up that could potentially make everything in this issue not really matter, but this was some classic Spider-Man writing in this issue.

Top Bottom