• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Dusknoir

Third issue of Night of the Monster Men had some cool visuals but almost killed the crossover for me. However the next two parts picked it up fast and it great again. I love seeing Batman family fighting huge ass monsters. Its a great change of pace.

Tizoc

Hahaha wat? I think the conqueror worm was around 2001, the original seed of destruction was 1993. I'm not sure if I missed a joke here though lol. Also dude I remember you making the Hellboy ot back in the day, I thought you'd be further by.now!

I was talking about the Aliens comic :p
I'm up to date with Hellboy having read In Hell, need to catch up on BPRD someday.

I was talking about the Aliens comic :p
I'm up to date with Hellboy having read In Hell, need to catch up on BPRD someday.

Haha I eventually caught on, just the way the quote had came out totally confused me. I was sure you were much further in hellboy too.

October purchase plan is catch up on the latest batch of Hellboy books that came out between the Hellboy In Mexico trade & HB in Hell 2, grab the joe hill novel that came out earlier in the year, and I think I'm going to give Harrow County & Lady Killer a shot. I think that'll be me until after christmas day at that point. Still way behind on image comics but need to grab some games too.

Pmt5hzz.jpg
2GUtDan.gif

I won't lie, Carol getting one of the biggest character assassinations in Marvel has made her the most interesting she's ever been to me. She's moved up from being background furniture to me, that's something.

Only read 4 or 5 books last night but I loved every book I read.

Champions

I was ridiculously excited for this and it didn't let me down. I liked the art even though a couple panels through me off and looked a little weird. So damn good!

Shade the Changing Girl

I love the trippy-ness and despite some reviews I read I didn't think the strangeness felt like it was just for strangeness sake and pointless.

Superman

This Clark seemed too insanely calm in this situation. I thought that was a little weird for someone that we've seen non-stop being overprotective of his family and wanting to get them out of danger at even the slightest hint of it. That being said I still loved the adventure of it.

Death of X

Ok, I lied. I didn't absolutely love this. I liked it enough, but for only a 4 part mini and being highly anticipated I feel like not much happened in this first issue.

Midnighter and Apollo

Ahhh its good to have this back in my life. Not enough campy dumb humor for me, but I still loved it.

Blue Beetle is horrible. I mean, the art is okay. And that's the only positive thing I can say about it. The dialogue is incessant and it's all terrible. I'll straight up read the Green Lanterns intro page over this.

Green Lanterns has actually had a couple decent issues. I was convinced to pick it back up after a good review on the last issue of the Red Lantern arc. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it though.

Completely agree that Blue Beetle is fucking terrible though. I made it about 4 pages into issue 1 and noped right out. Dialogue is excruciating.

I haven't read DoX, but it seems like it did a good job of getting people into the Cyclops mindset and read for war in IvX lol. I really just want to find out more about the new status quo for both groups, but it's too early for us to get more info.

Me too lol. After IvX the mist should be gone as well as the issues between the two groups.

That mindset makes me furious though. We're supposed to believe that
a militant soldier for tolerance instantly declares war on an entire race for super flimsy reasons?

Between a grim Nightcrawler, disregarding Beast and Iceman's animosity towards Scott st the end of Bendis' run, and now this, it is just too much, man.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can we really call Cage and death of x apart of marvel now? But yea sounds like a decent start

Whats the problem with Cage? Went to the bed yesterday early, can be that I missed the discussion.
Edit: Went back, The thing with the white artists? Oh man, you would think a title as Cage should be set for black talents... Should have given the title to Ta-Nehisi Coates for example...

TheFlow

Banned
Whats the problem with Cage? Went to the bed yesterday early, can be that I missed the discussion.
Edit: Went back, The thing with the white artists? Oh man, you would think a title as Cage should be set for black talents... Should have given the title to Ta-Nehisi Coates for example...
Cage was 4 years in development I believe but they finally got it to release. Coates writing luke outside BP would be cool

I enjoyed Death Of X #1 for the most part (aside from the art. I really do not like the art. It does suit the creepy vibe Muir Island gives off though which is cool I guess) but
reading the page where that one Inhuman woman (I'm assuming team leader) has her little speech about the progress they've been making with humanity's acceptance of their kind made me really upset for some reason. Especially the 'and they see hope' part.

I've wanted acceptance, and maybe even humanity embracing the mutant populous for years. But the trajectory of their relationship has pretty much been the opposite and stagnating for quite some time.

I'm sad now.

I don't read Inhumans stuff so I have no idea if this issue is a reflection of the views and feeling of the world at large so I may be completely wrong about how great Inhuman-Human relations actually are.

Dusknoir

Picked up Green Lanterns 7 and 8 the other day. It was almost good just ok. This was how the series should have started. With Baz and Cruz figuring each other out then lead to a small scale theart. I dropped the book after 3 because it was the red lanterns. This can get good but it needs more time so I'm sticking with it. I like Baz and Cruz as lanterns.

New Batwoman series by Marguerite Bennett and Steve Epting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batwoman-get-new-ongoing-comic-935670?sf38024477=1

batwoman_rebirth_art.jpg

Bennett is doing a two issue arc of detective, and a bat woman one shot to lead into the new series.

Best news! Kate Kane is my favourite DC character. I was hoping DC would give Batwoman another solo series. I'm not totally sold on the creative team (I'm not familiar with Steve Epting's work) but the teaser is absolutely beautiful.

ElNarez

Banned
Steve Epting is such a great choice too. Like, I can totally see how his art fits in with the mood a Batwoman book should have.

Top Bottom