• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

getting sick of the racists in ComicsGAF these days, like real talk

giphy.gif

I see you in Dat Atlanta thread, JC

I do like the first one with the horse but $350 is practically a month's worth of books

Something weird going on with her face and possibly hair? in the second one

Good luck unloading those after the movie tanks.

38% Rotten Tomatoes, $700 million plus.

Sounds about right

tim1138

I've never heard of this. Ryan Browne on art = bought. But I legitimately think his writing on GHA was superb. It's the only comic I've found genuinely hilarious, and not annoying, try-hard funny a la Squirrel Girl.

Curse Words is written by Charles Soule, but it very much feels like a Browne written book. It has that same kind of humor.

Here's a short preview I found online (I have a 10 page ashcan that he and Soule are selling at cons) - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/be-careful-what-you-wish-933870

Y'all got too much money to burn. Maybe I should stop writing about video games and comics.

Yes, you should be writing about video game and comic statues. That's where the money is. ;)

I do like the first one with the horse but $350 is practically a month's worth of books

Something weird going on with her face and possibly hair? in the second one

I will say that the recent Suicide Squad statues were excellent, and far better than I expected. Their $100 statues are generally hit or miss, but anything that retails for $150 is where they put the effort in.

I'm STILL waiting for the BvS Wonder Woman statue that was supposed to be out in May. It's been delayed like 5 times at this point. RIP

You spend close to that month a month on comics o_O

Let me hold a 20

No.
I spend a bit more than that.

All I ever buy is singles, though. Occasionally I will grab a bunch of stuff in a sale if there is nothing in the backlog, but I don't buy collections or art or figures or whatever. All my comics budget goes to my singles.

All I ever buy is singles, though. Occasionally I will grab a bunch of stuff in a sale if there is nothing in the backlog, but I don't buy collections or art or figures or whatever. All my comics budget goes to my singles.

I assumed you were including trades in that figure, but JUST floppies? Do you pull everything?

Curse Words is written by Charles Soule, but it very much feels like a Browne written book. It has that same kind of humor.

Here's a short preview I found online (I have a 10 page ashcan that he and Soule are selling at cons) - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/be-careful-what-you-wish-933870

Stellar.

I've seen your pull lists and I believe you, but damn. I usually go nuts during sales, but I average $15-20 per week. $350 covers a whole quarter for me. That equation would change a ton if I started following Marvel monthlies.

Look out, Messi. Echo comin' for that crown.

Oh I'm chasing it

I've seen your pull lists and I believe you, but damn. I usually go nuts during sales, but I average $15-20 per week. $350 covers a whole quarter for me. That equation would change a ton if I started following Marvel monthlies.

Yeah I pull wayyyy too much Marvel, it's true. But for me, newly released singles are the optimal reading experience and therefore worth the premium.

For now anyway.

Yeah I pull wayyyy too much Marvel, it's true. But for me, newly released singles are the optimal reading experience and therefore worth the premium.

For now anyway.

Can't blame you. I can afford to spend whatever on comics since it's the only thing I buy. My wife spends far more on clothes in a month than I ever do in comics. But the cheap bastard in me that plans to fully retire at 44 ends up talking me out of it.

Comics are never a stellar value proposition in terms of minute-to-dollar ratio, so MU is my baby. Getting 15-20 comics a week for under $6 sings to my thrifty soul. $1 issues on Comixology is a close second.

Invincible goes right off the goddamn rails after issue 100, huh?

I...like it? I wasn't certain at first, but it comes right back. We're nearing the end now.

Messi

Marguerite Bennett was so nice to me today and I was super nervous. :). Got some amazing commissions and more lined up. Failed on Sejic day one . :(

Ross61

wtf wasn't there supposed to be a DC comics panel today

There was a DC All Access panel, and a Superfamily Panel too. CBR seems to be under the impression that Tomasi is the writer of Super Sons, but nothing has been confirmed. They also showed Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders.

I think the Rebirth panel is tomorrow.

Malyse

I know I'm super LTTP, but Invincible is like, a better version of Watchmen than Watchmen was. It's a morality play that never forgets "this is a comic book".

Super good. Ten ten for sure.

I know I'm super LTTP, but Invincible is like, a better version of Watchmen than Watchmen was. It's a morality play that never forgets "this is a comic book".

Super good. Ten ten for sure.

Invincible is definitely one of my very favorite cape books of all time.

Top Bottom