• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

I read Seven to Eternity #1 today. The first few pages grabbed me, but as soon as
Dad left his family
I sort of lost interest. I'm not sure what I think, but I'm going to give it a few more issues.

For anyone in England, the leeds college of art in conjunction with the thought bubble festival will be hosting an.evening with Mike Mignola at the beginning of November. I am super jealous, I would love to attend. For more information, here's the link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leeds-college-of-art-thought-bubble-festival-present-an-evening-with-comic-book-artist-mike-mignola-tickets-26634293890

So Birdie joined

Any takers, it's pretty sweet. LINK

There's even an app for mobile users.

Sorry I'm really out of touch. Is it a chat room or a Skype voice chat thing?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I feel like I need to read some scary comics since I get pumped up like never before for this years Halloween and we/I dont even celebrate that here.

Zackat

My marvel unlimited app has been messing up lately. I am just trying to read through some iron fist and it refuses to load the next issue right away. The read now button basically locks up and isnt clickable no matter how many times I close the app. Anyone else having this problem? Kinda annoying.

If I go to the issue after the one I am trying to read it loads up automatically.

Sandfox

that new costume is trash and promotes asian archtypes. she looks like she is going to team up with shang chi and danny.

You could argue the same thing about the Silk costume.

Based on what we know the Silkworm costume will probably be temporary.

For all the *horror* comics I read, creepy books, monster books and so on, I wouldn't say many are out and out scary. Honestly, Stephen King novels, I could list off loads that are scary and unsettling haha.

Probably the creepiest comic I read lately was Vision actually. Some quite unsettling stuff in there. Locke and Key is really great horror to me, if not that scary.

anaron

We already know she's writing two new books and this is obviously hinting at that do I don't really get what you mean lol

The question was "where will we see Bobbi Morse and Chelsea Cain next" and people who were there reported a huge cheer for the question.

Sana's answer being "we don't let go of a great character or talent" implies Bobbi won't be thrown back into the shadows.

The question was "where will we see Bobbi Morse and Chelsea Cain next" and people who were there reported a huge cheer for the question.

Sana's answer being "we don't let go of a great character or talent" implies Bobbi won't be thrown back into the shadows.
Could see her on a relaunched SHIELD book(on top of whatever solo book she's on, America or not) since Marvel still seems to care about the TV show even though they cancelled the last comic and are apparently mostly replacing SHIELD with AIM post-CWII.

Sandfox

Could see her on a relaunched SHIELD book(on top of whatever solo book she's on, America or not) since Marvel still seems to care about the TV show even though they cancelled the last comic and are apparently mostly replacing SHIELD with AIM post-CWII.

She needs to be in Occupy with Clint, but I'm expecting a SHIELD book by Cain.

anaron

It seems she might be joining Occupy Avengers after all if this Marvel subscribers email is anything to go by:

C0QY1wn.jpg

mreddie

SHIELD is likely becoming Black Ops a la the TV show.

As for Silk, it looks like Silk's first costume, not a new costume.

It seems she might be joining Occupy Avengers after all if this Marvel subscribers email is anything to go by:

C0QY1wn.jpg

So no new Ant-Man book? BOOOOOO.

Sandfox

New Nova interview: http://marvel.com/news/comics/26837/marvel_now_hear_this_nova?linkId=29775213

I'm a big fan of Sam Alexander, especially Gerry Duggan’s take. There’s an earnestness and optimism to Sam that I love in my Marvel Comics. Doing the right thing and being punished for it is, to me, the bedrock of Marvel storytelling. Sam’s the best example of that in the current books that I know.
I really need this book.

SHIELD is likely becoming Black Ops a la the TV show.

As for Silk, it looks like Silk's first costume, not a new costume.

So no new Ant-Man book? BOOOOOO.
Scott will end up somewhere lol.

mreddie

Scott will end up somewhere lol.

Makes no sense, he's getting shafted when his second film is like 2 years away when Cap Marvel is getting her 3rd book in 5 years when her film isn't til 2019?

Take advantage! And before anyone brings up sales, he's always above or below but near 20000

Sandfox

Makes no sense, he's getting shafted when his second film is like 2 years away when Cap Marvel is getting her 3rd book in 5 years when her film isn't til 2019?

Take advantage! And before anyone brings up sales, he's always above or below but near 20000

Technically they are taking advantage with Wasp lol.

I don't think Marvel has a great game plan for Scott as a solo character right now. I would rather see him head back to New York and reconnect with one of the A-teams.

I am a big fan of Nick Spencer but he wasn't a great fit for that project.

If it had really been a heist book, it would have been damn good. I'm not sure if it was editorial or Spencer who was reluctant to fully go there; even though I did enjoy the "security to prevent heists" angle, especially pre-SW, it was always a fuzzy compromise that they never managed to completely sell me on in almost two years of stories. The app stuff from this year bogged it down too and spoke to me of a hazy, confused vision of what the book should be.

He didn't need to be a bad guy or even a thief for it to feel like a heist book, but as you say, the issue where he kinda was a thief and there was an actual heist was great. Best of the whole series for me.

io9 interview with Bennett.

That was my next question. She’s going to be globetrotting— is she going to have somebody playing support like her dad used to?

Bennett: Oh yes. Very, very dashing, this individual. She looks banging in a suit.

Perhaps someone we’ve seen before?

Bennett: This I will not say, but yes. Someone very fun.
Hmmm...

Two last things before I go to sleep:

1. Big Bang's weekly talk. (Champions is not off to a good start)

2. Look at this!

It looks like every version of Supergirl that has ever been

Reread through
Roger dying/Kate's efforts to get the secret fire
today man :( brutal stuff. Johann shouting at everyone, finding
all the bits and bob's he gathered in his room
, when they try to
dissect him

Hulk and Occupy replacing A-Force and Mockingbird is such a downgrade. :(

We will see what happens with Hulk. I'm willing to see how that plays out. A-Force ain't been great in a long time, though I will miss Singularity if she doesn't land anywhere.

There's no way Occupy is anywhere near as good as Mockingbird. That's a safer bet.

Hagi

That's brilliant, there's definitely some stuff in the iron prometheus (lobster vol. 1) that will make you go grab your BPRD omnibuses and hunt for stuff you recognise. All of those are great, and stand very well on their own. Witchfinder is really cool, I love Edward Grey's whole story, it's a real puzzle across the different books. Although I will say Witchfinder vol. 2 is one of the only only Mignola things I'm not particularly keen on, it doesn't work out as well as it should have.

For the most part though, the Witchfinder stuff, the lobster stuff are all very stand alone, in terms of the greater line and even within themselves, it's quite one and done tales sort of thing, so you can really enjoy them at your own leisure. If you've read the BPRD 1940s omnibus, BPRD Vampire is literally a follow-up, I'd definitely recommend that. The art is incredible.

Have you read any Baltimore? Badass vampire hunter seems right up my alley.

Top Bottom