• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

VanWinkle

Finished Klaus. Unbelievably good. Art was incredible and the story was just wonderfully told Morrison. Shows me how great a writer he is when he's not doing his crazy concept stuff.

Just got round to reading Vision #11. I really like how King
reincorporated the old dialogue into Vision's fight with the Avengers and that ending! Poor Sparky.

mreddie

What happened to Hickman's SHIELD, caught it on MU and it just stopped. Funny enough, it had the same plot as Hickman's Avengers? Did Marvel can it or Hickman got the Avengers job and decided to redo the story?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Deadpool #1 selling less than Green Arrow #6?

Dayum.

Marvel's next few moves should be interesting. I'm catching up on the MU slowly, what were the best ANAD books besides Thor & Vision?

Deadpool has been awful for ages, at least Green Arrow is good

mreddie

6yOhPnq.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What happened to Hickman's SHIELD, caught it on MU and it just stopped. Funny enough, it had the same plot as Hickman's Avengers? Did Marvel can it or Hickman got the Avengers job and decided to redo the story?
He was supposed to continue the story this year but didnt do it

I believe both the scripts and art are done to finish the series, according to the creators. Marvel just haven't released it.

Off topic, but Act 1 of gears 4 was really good. I like how the game is inherently gears, but theyve used the time lapse to inject a bit more sci-fi and even fantasy into the series, taking advantage of the fact it's sera, not earth, which means a different ecology and not just a different history. It's cool. Less militaristic.

tim1138

Just finished volume 12 of BPRD Hell on Earth (issues 130-134), and good lord do I ever hate
Johann
. Easily my most disliked character of the entire Mignolaverse, they're just the absolute worst. Shits really hitting the fan in the story, I don't see any way that this ends well for anyone involved.

So far my favorite part of Hell on Earth has been
Liz going all fire elemental against the Black Flame
, that was legitimately epic.

TheFlow

Banned
Damn we about to get another solid arc

]
57fc0208ade11.jpg

Luke Cage and Danny Rand go up against a former hero, Alex Wilder—formerly of RUNAWAYS—in the new “Harlem Burns” arc beginning in December’s POWER MAN & IRON FIST #10. Wilder’s time in hell has changed him, and with a mix of technology and magic he plans to depose all other crime bosses of Harlem and take the neighborhood for himself.

Just finished volume 12 of BPRD Hell on Earth (issues 130-134), and good lord do I ever hate
Johann
. Easily my most disliked character of the entire Mignolaverse, they're just the absolute worst. Shits really hitting the fan in the story, I don't see any way that this ends well for anyone involved.

So far my favorite part of Hell on Earth has been
Liz going all fire elemental against the Black Flame
, that was legitimately epic.

Haha I KNEW that would be the name under the spoiler tag. I just finished rereading the third omnibus today and
while losing the artificial body from the tropical island is really the start of his turn on page, they do establish when sharing death stories, Johann is an arse, even before the incident that claimed his body.
. A real shitheel. If you haven't yet, you should track down sledgehammer 44 now!

I LOVE the long death, and the
the flashback stuff to the first men.
Harren pushes all my buttons.

TheFlow

Banned
Not that I doubt it's going to be solid, but I don't know how that solicit tells us that it will be good lol

Maybe being excited as a Runaways fan, but not necessarily indicative of quality...

I read the solicits for the harlem burns arc, Danny is
out of prision and back on the streets with cage
. original artist is back. Alex wilder return is the cherry on top, also what I posted is half of a link, the other half is the interview with David Walker explaining the arc and return of Alex. So yea going to be a solid arc :p

heres your quality
http://marvel.com/news/comics/26838/marvel_now_hear_this_power_man_iron_fist

Trawling around the net turned up some good mignolaverse news for those that care. Not only are the hell on earth omnibuses schedule for 2017, it is the plan to give the recent core Abe Sapien book the omnibus treatment. Also barring no changes, as of a few weeks ago the scheduled plan for the ba and moon brothers after the current Casanova series is another volume of bprd vampire.

I read the solicits for the harlem burns arc, Danny is
out of prision and back on the streets with cage
. original artist is back. Alex wilder return is the cherry on top, also what I posted is half of a link, the other half is the interview with David Walker explaining the arc and return of Alex. So yea going to be a solid arc :p

heres your quality
http://marvel.com/news/comics/26838/marvel_now_hear_this_power_man_iron_fist

There ya go. There's the rest of it.

I'm in agreement, then

TheFlow

Banned
^^

this has been such a great year when it comes to story arcs for me. can't barely think of a bad arc that I read this year

Is Aquaman the easiest joke in comics?

I was just reading New Super-Man #3 and there's yet another lame Aquaman joke stuffed in there. It isn't totally out of place or anything but that fruit is so low it's dragging on the ground. So bizarre to me that Aquaman's book has been serious as fuck or constantly trying to be taken seriously for about as long as I can remember. But DC writers can't help themselves...need an easy joke? Kick ol' Arthur in the junk. Again. And again and again and again. I don't get it.

Ha ha he lives underwater and talks to fish. So funny, much jokes. You think Namor would tolerate this shit? Nah.

Superfriends was thirty fucking years ago DC.

TheFlow

Banned
Is Aquaman the easiest joke in comics?

I was just reading New Super-Man #3 and there's yet another lame Aquaman joke stuffed in there. It isn't totally out of place or anything but that fruit is so low it's dragging on the ground. So bizarre to me that Aquaman's book has been serious as fuck or constantly trying to be taken seriously for about as long as I can remember. But DC writers can't help themselves...need an easy joke? Kick ol' Arthur in the junk. Again. And again and again and again. I don't get it.

Ha ha he lives underwater and talks to fish. So funny, much jokes. You think Namor would tolerate this shit? Nah.

Superfriends was thirty fucking years ago DC.

not going to lie I chuckled when I read it, but yea aquaman jokes are not only old but go against what they are trying to with the character since 2012.

especially when he is a heavy hitter.

Top Bottom