• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
Just finished the third arc of Thor God of Thunder

Malekith the Accursed reminds me of the Joker. he somehow finds a way to get out of every situation while still screwing all the good guys over. like fuck this dude.

4/5 Solid arc, but I think the first two were a step above this.

Hagi

Trawling around the net turned up some good mignolaverse news for those that care. Not only are the hell on earth omnibuses schedule for 2017, it is the plan to give the recent core Abe Sapien book the omnibus treatment. Also barring no changes, as of a few weeks ago the scheduled plan for the ba and moon brothers after the current Casanova series is another volume of bprd vampire.

Oh sweet I really want to read Abe so I'll patiently wait for the omnibus. Nice to hear Hell on Earth is on its way as well.

Just finished the third arc of Thor God of Thunder

Malekith the Accursed reminds me of the Joker. he somehow finds a way to get out of every situation while still screwing all the good guys over. like fuck this dude.

4/5 Solid arc, but I think the first two were a step above this.

Yeah that arc is great and all but Godkiller/Godbomb is probably the best thing Aaron has ever done for Marvel. Impossible standard!

VanWinkle

Are you serious? Man, I must have bought the only copy. It shipped the other day, too.

Sorry not sorry.

I know man. It was literally up for like four hours.

Oooh whats included in the gaiman book??

It has: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?, SECRET ORIGINS #36, SECRET ORIGINS SPECIAL #1, WEDNESDAY COMICS #1-12, BATMAN #686, DETECTIVE COMICS #853 and GREEN LANTERN/SUPERMAN: LEGEND OF THE GREEN FLAME #1. I haven't read any of this stuff except Wednesday Comics, so I'm pretty excited to check it out.

One thing I can take away from NYCC: the Harley and Joker cosplay is officially the most played out, basic, unattractive cosplay around. The McDonalds Fillet-o-Fish of dress up.

It has: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?, SECRET ORIGINS #36, SECRET ORIGINS SPECIAL #1, WEDNESDAY COMICS #1-12, BATMAN #686, DETECTIVE COMICS #853 and GREEN LANTERN/SUPERMAN: LEGEND OF THE GREEN FLAME #1. I haven't read any of this stuff except Wednesday Comics, so I'm pretty excited to check it out.

Well that was a damn good buy then.

Only issues there I haven't read are the post-RIP Batman issues but I've heard nothing but good things about those.

One thing I can take away from NYCC: the Harley and Joker cosplay is officially the most played out, basic, unattractive cosplay around. The McDonalds Fillet-o-Fish of dress up.

I would think it would be Walking Dead characters but I don't go to cons

Oh sweet I really want to read Abe so I'll patiently wait for the omnibus. Nice to hear Hell on Earth is on its way as well.

Yea they haven't actually announced the Abe HCs yet but the guy that does all the mignolaversity stuff says Scott Allie literally told him they are happening (Allie is the Hellboy books editor and writer of Abe). Hello On Earth HCs have been officially confirmed, they'll probably given the last arc some decent time as a tpb then roll out the HCs.

Abe is really really good, I like how it exists entirely within the hell on earth cycle. He also said Abe was always conceived to wrap up close to the same time as hell on earth to make way for multiple new major books as part of the final third act following plague of frogs and Hell on earth. Abe is so nice because it's.about the little people, how every day folk even live in that world

TheFlow

Banned
Thor: God of Thunder #18

Even young Thor showed compassion and mercy. Bittersweet issue.

Thor_vol3_panel2.jpg

Boogiepop

Oh, in a random note of my catching up on my Marvel stuff on Comixology: I'm almost caught up on Mighty Thor now, and I'm enjoying it and all, but... god, that stubbly look on new Loki is not to my liking. I really hope that he just gets a shave already at some point, as it's super distracting to me whenever he pops up.

Oh, in a random note of my catching up on my Marvel stuff on Comixology: I'm almost caught up on Mighty Thor now, and I'm enjoying it and all, but... god, that stubbly look on new Loki is not to my liking. I really hope that he just gets a shave already at some point, as it's super distracting to me whenever he pops up.

Loki, Star-Lord and Rich are the kings of scruff.

TheFlow

Banned
Thor God of Thunder #20-21

this arc is basically on the same level as God butcher/god bomb to me.

This is probably one of the most epic thor fights ever, and the art..oh man the art.

keep it coming Aaron

MG310

Seemed like there were a lot more solo Harleys this time.

A lone Joker protested by booing the Harley/Ivy pairing during the Harley panel.

Ross61

Does anyone have a link to an archive of CBR's Comics You Should Own? One of the few things I actually liked about that site. And what are y'alls favorite comic podcast?

It's pretty good though occasionally makes me think it's not going to amount to much, i'd recommend getting it or reading it on MU at least.

It's not pure comedy in the same way Deadpool was never really pure comedy.
Alright fair enough. I'll pick up the first trade when I can
Is Aquaman the easiest joke in comics?

I was just reading New Super-Man #3 and there's yet another lame Aquaman joke stuffed in there. It isn't totally out of place or anything but that fruit is so low it's dragging on the ground. So bizarre to me that Aquaman's book has been serious as fuck or constantly trying to be taken seriously for about as long as I can remember. But DC writers can't help themselves...need an easy joke? Kick ol' Arthur in the junk. Again. And again and again and again. I don't get it.

Ha ha he lives underwater and talks to fish. So funny, much jokes. You think Namor would tolerate this shit? Nah.

Superfriends was thirty fucking years ago DC.
It surprises me why he isn't bigger. It's basically underwater Arthurian fantasy that's mixed with various water-based mythologies and some light environmentalism.

FINALLY finished Hellboy. Really enjoyed the whole series but I found Hellboy in Hell to be far and away the best part, in both art and writing. It was so poetic and haunting and felt more confident in its structure.

TheFlow

Banned
Thor God Of Thunder #1-25

my Mind is blown. Jason Aaron carefully crafted a epic tale between 3 versions of Thor. I am blown away about how much ahead he was thinking when writing the issue.

Unworthy Thor was planned years ago :O.

5/5 this has made me a believer of Aaron

my Mind is blown. Jason Aaron carefully crafted a epic tale between 3 versions of Thor. I am blown away about how much ahead he was thinking when writing the issue.

Don't stop now though. It keeps being awesome forever

Or are you up to date on JaneThor? I can't remember

Sandfox

A lot of these books are planned like that. Jason Aaron is probably the best writer at Marvel right now though.

FINALLY finished Hellboy. Really enjoyed the whole series but I found Hellboy in Hell to be far and away the best part, in both art and writing. It was so poetic and haunting and felt more confident in its structure.

Awesome! Super jealous right now, sitting waiting on the last volume of In Hell to finish it off myself! Doing a big ass reread as I wait.

TheFlow

Banned
Don't stop now though. It keeps being awesome forever

Or are you up to date on JaneThor? I can't remember

I have read 4 issues of Thor 2014, but that was before I read all of this.

I am going to read the 8 issues of Thor, then all of mighty thor tomorrow.

I basically bought the rest of whatever wasn't on marvel unlimited for a bunch of series.

A lot of these books are planned like that. Jason Aaron is probably the best writer at Marvel right now though.
hell I enjoyed those 25 issues more than vision and black panther so I think he might be.

He delivered on both the epic scale, and even on the regular interactions on Earth. Truly amazing how he has creating a masterpiece for so long.

I can't wait to see how it all ends. I'm torn between wanting another 100 issues of Aaron's Thor and wanting to see the culmination of everything he's been building towards.

American Alien is out and somebody needs to make a thread about it just so peeps could think it's just another Max Landis thread but this time they'll be for a surprise!

Zombine

Banned
Three loot boxes and no skins, thing is rigged.

I just bought all the skins. Brute force it.

The skin drops are the same as regular drops only have a higher chance of getting seasonal content. This is the opposite of the summer games event which more or less guaranteed you a gold every few boxes.

So yes, it is rigged in a sense.

Halloween boxes? I thought they didn't go up until tomorrow?

PCMASTERRACE1.jpg

Awesome! Super jealous right now, sitting waiting on the last volume of In Hell to finish it off myself! Doing a big ass reread as I wait.

Tbh I'll have to reread the whole thing a couple times I'm sure, as I was already forgetting some of the characters and symbolism from issues way long ago. I also wanna read BRPD as well, because I'm sure that would enhance the main Hellboy arc.

Messi

Jane Thor is also on this level.

Top Bottom