• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

I'll let ed post it, he wants to clean up the inks a bit.

I just finished Hell on Earth 13 today, is 14 out?

Yea, just in the last week or so man. Mine are arriving tomorrow, can't wait to read this and discuss it haha this is like the stars aligning, first time we'll be on pace with current stuff. How was End Of Days, just in general. Like, how shit hot?

GY8132.jpg

Sandfox

Great Lake Avengers was great and I liked it way more than I expecting. I gave it a chance because I saw Slott praising it among others and the book delivered.

Is Otto already back? Is he the old fat guy with a shitty taste for clothes again?

He's back in his old body(we already know from ASM that he wanted his own body rather than Peter's), but we'll get the explanation in ASM next week.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Great Lake Avengers was great and I liked it way more than I expecting. I gave it a chance because I saw Slott praising it among others and the book delivered.

He's back in his old body(we already know from ASM that he wanted his own body rather than Peter's), but we'll get the explanation in ASM next week.
Classic tentacles or Big Time upgraded tentacles? :D

The latest issues? I don't want to talk about it.

BIRDIE.

I honestly, once I've read all these trades, might just grab the last arc of Abe & the last/current arc of Hell On Earth and be done with it. No way I make it til fucking April without a spoiler and that's when Cometh The Hour drops. All the new stuff will probably be launching then.

That's right. I might buy digital. I just need to get through all these in the next month before the last ish drops

And then the trade when it comes out of course.

BIRDIE.

I honestly, once I've read all these trades, might just grab the last arc of Abe & the last/current arc of Hell On Earth and be done with it. No way I make it til fucking April without a spoiler and that's when Cometh The Hour drops. All the new stuff will probably be launching then.

That's right. I might buy digital. I just need to get through all these in the next month before the last ish drops

And then the trade when it comes out of course.

I don't see you getting spoiled unless you go out of your way.

No one talks about these comics.

tim1138

Yea, just in the last week or so man. Mine are arriving tomorrow, can't wait to read this and discuss it haha this is like the stars aligning, first time we'll be on pace with current stuff. How was End Of Days, just in general. Like, how shit hot?

I'll have to wait for the library to get 14 in, so you'll be ahead of me again. Volume 13 was insane, I have no idea how this series is going to end.

I don't see you getting spoiled unless you go out of your way.

No one talks about these comics.

Haha, hmm. But when they announce whatever the next thing is, BPRD: Ragnarok happened bitches, or whatever. There will probably be heavy hints just by the premise of whatever the third phase is. Similar to when they announced Hell On Earth or "Hellboy In Hell" kind of thing is all I mean. I'm guessing they announced stuff in Jan/Feb. There was only 4 months-ish between the end of plague of frogs and the start of Hell On Earth I think. And hey, we talk about these comics. A little. XD

I'll have to wait for the library to get 14 in, so you'll be ahead of me again. Volume 13 was insane, I have no idea how this series is going to end.

Haha, well, I'm sticking to my reread so it'll take me a little bit yet. I polished off The Wild Hunt today, which is just a crazy book, and yet again how many times they literally telegraph whats going to happen haha. You should do Abe while you wait, if they have that (library = underground comic book black market).

I'd play them

Yea, 5 minutes and I'll pm you the codes.

Haha, hmm. But when they announce whatever the next thing is, BPRD: Ragnarok happened bitches, or whatever. There will probably be heavy hints just by the premise of whatever the third phase is. Similar to when they announced Hell On Earth or "Hellboy In Hell" kind of thing is all I mean. I'm guessing they announced stuff in Jan/Feb. There was only 4 months-ish between the end of plague of frogs and the start of Hell On Earth I think. And hey, we talk about these comics. A little. XD

Oh shit yeah you're right.

You're fucked, mate.

tim1138

Haha, well, I'm sticking to my reread so it'll take me a little bit yet. I polished off The Wild Hunt today, which is just a crazy book, and yet again how many times they literally telegraph whats going to happen haha. You should do Abe while you wait, if they have that (library = underground comic book black market).

I have Abe and the Hellboy side stories checked out, and then I'm buying vol 2 of Hellboy in Hell next week. Which reminds me, I need to reread vol 1 to refresh my memory.

Oh shit yeah you're right.

You're fucked, mate.

Haha, my life. No way I came this far to not read it firsthand. I think I work my way through all these trades up through HB in Hell vol 2/Abe vol 7 and then just grab the last issues of Abe & BPRD in November right before the last issue hits.

I have Abe and the Hellboy side stories checked out, and then I'm buying vol 2 of Hellboy in Hell next week. Which reminds me, I need to reread vol 1 to refresh my memory.

Can't wait to see what you think of Abe, I love that book, I think Allie kills it. And the Fiumara Bros., jeez. I fucking love them explaining
Edward Grey's shit in vol 1. How many years is that in the making haha.

Messi

Yea, 5 minutes and I'll pm you the codes.

awesome thank you

Owzers

Freeza rolling around in all the halloween skins while i play with regular skins like a overwatch loser...

I'm voting Trump.

Vader #25 was a great end to the series.
I knew Aphra would survive but it was good to see it wasn't because of Vader's sentimentality. How he dealt with her and Tagge was perfect Vader.
Really liked the backup story as well.

iddqd

Just drove by to post that the new Flintstones comic is pretty funny.
The art style got hate all over the place but its an entertaining read.

What was everyone's opinion on the Genndy Tartakovsky CAGE comic that came out last week?

POKEMANS

One of the only games I still play religiously. I missed last month's mythic and it's been killing me. :/ Not sure when I will ever have another shot at that dude.

I am probably going with Moon but not sure yet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So many moon :D

I am a bit worried because this will be my first Pokemon game since Gold and it seems like there is so much new to the games

Isn't really an apology, it's a movie that's a parody of a parody. Made on the anniversary of said parody.

Thats what it is on the base level however what happens in the plot and what it directly references especially coming off Batman v Superman and Killing Joke does feel like an apology.
poisoned Batman saying Dark Knight Returns dialog freaking destroyed me
It also has probably the most effort put in since at least Flashpoint probably even Red Hood.

Zombine

Banned

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Big comics order to catch up on some stuff:
American Vampire, Vol 8
Batman, Vol 8
Batman, Vol 9
Deadly Class, Vol 3
Deadly Class, Vol 4
Descender, Vol 1
Descender, Vol 2
Injection, Vol 2
Invisible Republic, Vol 2
Low, Vol 2
Low, Vol 3
TMNT, Vol 14
TMNT, Vol 15
Trees, Vol 2

I'll probably have to do some Hellboy buys next time around. I've finished Plague of Frogs, and have Hellboy, Library Vol 6 next up. I've got Being Human around, and Vampire but I think I have to get the 1946-1948 set first.

My backlog/wishlist grows larger far faster than I'm reading comics lately.

Ross61

Thats what it is on the base level however what happens in the plot and what it directly references especially coming off Batman v Superman and Killing Joke does feel like an apology.
poisoned Batman saying Dark Knight Returns dialog freaking destroyed me
It also has probably the most effort put in since at least Flashpoint probably even Red Hood.
That is the nature of Batman 66 and related media. It makes fun of everything Batman related.

Big comics order to catch up on some stuff:

I'll probably have to do some Hellboy buys next time around. I've finished Plague of Frogs, and have Hellboy, Library Vol 6 next up. I've got Being Human around, and Vampire but I think I have to get the 1946-1948 set first.

My backlog/wishlist grows larger far faster than I'm reading comics lately.

Great list of books man, jealous of a few of those!

You can definitely read Being Human, that's very much just a tales of type book, bu you're right to hold off on vampire. It's very much a follow-up to the 1940s stuff, and amazing! Can't wait for them to do more.

If I want to get into tmnt, can I ignore the side volumes initially, to cut down the load, or should I really read it all as I go?

Top Bottom