• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Messi

look out for my review later tonight. did you read the annual?

Yes. Loved it. Want her back. Also can we get more Bachalo Magik in this new arc considering who the baddie is.

International Iron Man. First 3 issues are really great. I get to #4... It has Civil War branding. Why are you doing this to me Marvel. Why couldn't this be self contained.

Maleevs art is so good on iPad pro and I love the lead characters.

TheFlow

Banned
Cap:Sam Wilson #9
Man I feel for Same, letting Maria just walk away free after all the shit she pulled would make anybody upset, but to do so would fuck up the natural order of things. Then he got protesters, state officials, and even some teammates talking about resigning/handing back the shield. mannnn fuck that noise. If Steve said I can have it, yah not getting it.
Misty Knight>Sam Wilson when it comes to martial arts hands down. she has easily beaten this nigga everytime. Also I didn't think how nobody being punished for pleasant hill would affect the Villains watching the tele. They are angry.

Cap:Sam Wilson #10
This cover is not only beautiful but gets across that something big is going to happen. I love it, and would love to have a poster of it in my room.
tumblr_o4b2yp6Mz31u6rxqto6_500.jpg

Americops are big as fuck, and apparently represent the exaggerated forms of racist/corrupt/sexist cops. All the black heroes coming to together over Rhodes felt right. Black community gotta stay strong no matter what. Thank You artist for making Misty's costume less revealing. all that cleavage was pointless. Also Nick spencer for being a white guy handles minorities with care. kudos. Sam delivered a strong eulogy that was fitting of Rhodes.

Cap:Sam Wilson #11
Tony and Carol give good arguments like any other issue, but Tony is right. At least I think he is right, the future thing acts more like profiling. Just look at other series you will see what I mean. Also I like the backstory on RAGE because I had no idea who this cat was. Also hory shit! Evil CAP(I don't know his name sue me) is fucking savage. yo cat out here breaking necks with his shield. savage.

Cap:Sam Wilson #12
Bruh that flashback scene leading into current events was on point. not a damn thing has changed, and that is true for the current American System.I admire sam for trying to de-escalate the fight, but things were not going his way. U.S Agent backstory was also needed because I had no idea who this cat was either.

Cap:Sam Wilson #13
images

Finally the main event is here.
Damn this is feeling like the first Bane vs Batman fight. what a slaughter.
Sam during the fight
images

each panel does a great job of making John's blow feel heavy.I like how Sam was able to beat John and come up with a solution to his problem, but I think it might be too late.

now for the heavy spoilers
I know this is hydra steve or w.e but wtf! how can he go back on his world, get John back in on the plan, and ect. like FU you Hydra steve.

Yes. Loved it. Want her back. Also can we get more Bachalo Magik in this new arc considering who the baddie is.

International Iron Man. First 3 issues are really great. I get to #4... It has Civil War branding. Why are you doing this to me Marvel. Why couldn't this be self contained.

Maleevs art is so good on iPad pro and I love the lead characters.
oooo can't wait

Messi

Why the fuck did that international Iron man issue have civil war branding? It had the most basic 1 page tie in. Fuckin hell marvel.

Damn. The era of the gif review is dead, long live the good reviews eh. Some great stuff the last few days. Special shout out to Flow going balls in. Doom is like Flow when he retires. I'm lost with Marvel right now, so reading this stuff helps me get an idea of what to check out next.

Not much to add myself today. Found the time to reread two Witchfinder & two Lobster Johnson volumes. This reread has really suited me while I had nothing new to read and no $, now I've got some new books on the shelf, finishing the reread will be even sweeter. Even got a chance to sit down after dinner and play through Gears 4 Act 3, and a few races of FH3. Today has been a good day, October holiday treating me well.

Caught up on Dr Strange. Yes! That's my shit. Slay!
I'ma read vol. 1 and 2 while waiting in line at the theaters to see the movie.
Damn. The era of the gif review is dead, long live the good reviews eh. Some great stuff the last few days. Special shout out to Flow going balls in. Doom is like Flow when he retires. I'm lost with Marvel right now, so reading this stuff helps me get an idea of what to check out next.

Not much to add myself today. Found the time to reread two Witchfinder & two Lobster Johnson volumes. This reread has really suited me while I had nothing new to read and no $, now I've got some new books on the shelf, finishing the reread will be even sweeter. Even got a chance to sit down after dinner and play through Gears 4 Act 3, and a few races of FH3. Today has been a good day, October holiday treating me well.
Fuck you. I'm keeping gif reviews alive!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really want Sam Cap and Jane Thor to be a thing for a long time.

I mean the characters, not them two being a thing lol

I'ma read vol. 1 and 2 while waiting in line at the theaters to see the movie.

Fuck you. I'm keeping gif reviews alive!

hahaha XD

If anyone reads any of this Dr Strange stuff and thinks huh I want to read that, I still have a code for the first arc digitally. I suppose you would just get MU to read it at this point, but it's there. I have nothing else to do with it. I finally got rid of those Gears codes so who knows, could be someone's lucky day!

Hagi

23 years old, and I get this new bedding as a present
3AQmK.gif

14671351_530772267119196_5313203445643721995_n.jpg

I love it

Hah we have this for the couch, got it from Tesco.

What were peoples thoughts on the Preacher TV adaptation? I'm on episode 3 right now and it's very much in the wtf am I watching territory.

TheFlow

Banned
thanks guys

Nick Spencer has done a fantastic job and is yet another writer for me to keep my eyes on.

I am highly impressed with the writing talent at Marvel.

what's everyone top 5 characters atm for Marvel comics. Mine:

1.Luke Cage
2.Sam Wilson
3.Thor(jane)
4.Miles Morales
5.Odinson.

hahaha XD

If anyone reads any of this Dr Strange stuff and thinks huh I want to read that, I still have a code for the first arc digitally. I suppose you would just get MU to read it at this point, but it's there. I have nothing else to do with it. I finally got rid of those Gears codes so who knows, could be someone's lucky day!
Someone take this. Strange has a ton of great 2 page spreads that you can't appreciate fully in MU.

Hagi

lol the code is for the MU app though hahahah at least I think so, it came in the back of the premiere HC
FUCK YOU

Nah you can renew this on their site and if you have your Comixology account synced it will appear on that. Their own app is basically just the Marvel section of Comixology anyway same as the DC one.

Nah you can renew this on their site and if you have your Comixology account synced it will appear on that. Their own app is basically just the Marvel section of Comixology anyway same as the DC one.

Ah right awesome, carry on then :L that's pretty decent btw I wouldn't have expected them to be that gracious about using another service.

My Marvel top 5 atm in no particular order:

Virginia Vision
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Gwenpool
Thor (Jane Foster)
Black Panther

Also honorable mentire to Nick Spencer for...US Agent! The perfect personification of everything that is wrong with America today. Brilliant use of a binned character.

shingi70

Banned
top five Marvel characters atm

1. Kamela Khan
2. Black Panther
3. Luke Cage
4. Miles Morales
5. Nadia Pym

My top five DC characters atm

1. Kenan Kong (New Superman)
2. Jon Kent
3. Mera
4. Khalid Nassour (Doctor Fate)
5. Green Arrow

Hagi

Ahh pffft that's way too much effort man haha I don't mind just giving it up, more bothered about it going to no use when the series is so good.

Although, I still don't know what's in the basement.....

Haha neither do i. I think at this point I should just buy the trades because I keep buying the monthly issues yet let them slide to the back. It's really good though, Aaron and Bachalo are an A tier team.

Top Bottom