• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

We're an incredibly divided thread folks and if Messi and Freeza are allowed to make the next thread, there might not even be a comics-gaf anymore. This is our last chance, what the hell do you have to lose? Give Sillymon...Owzers a chance. I will never let you down.
Civil War X: Divided Threads

TheFlow

Banned
I formally apologized to Messi.

Sorry for the shit post guys. Echo once said "be the change you want to reflect" so I gotta be that. now can we get back to talking about comics.

200_s.gif

I formally apologized to Messi.

Sorry for the shit post guys. Echo once said "be the change you want to reflect" so I gotta be that. now can we get back to talking about comics.

200_s.gif

Sure.

So have you guys played the Dr. Junkenstein brawl in Overwatch? That is some good fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Haha for sure! Did you see he's in Preacher? Getting on American tv should get some eyes on him at least. He plays an.Irish guy though, which totally throws you off at first if you've seen misfits or this is england

He was the only reason I watched it tbh, Dominic Cooper is cool too

And Ruth Negga <3

He was the only reason I watched it tbh, Dominic Cooper is cool too

And Ruth Negga <3

Gilgun was definitely the highlight. The series had some good moments but I just couldn't warm up to it as much as the pilot, which I really liked. Although, I LOVE
when the dude comes out and says "preacher shot my dick off" hahaha I laughed so much

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Gilgun was definitely the highlight. The series had some good moments but I just couldn't warm up to it as much as the pilot, which I really liked. Although, I LOVE
when the dude comes out and says "preacher shot my dick off" hahaha I laughed so much

Hahaha he had it in his hand too, didn't he?

tim1138

It's a good job Starfleet doesn't have money anymore. The insurance premiums for a Constitution-class must be crazy.

I didn't know they were doing a second Star Trek crossover as well as the Planet of the Apes crossover. Even though it was basically Star Trek: Blackest Night, I enjoyed the first one.

Monster Unleashed looks like fun

Definitely. Judging by the sixth gun and his other creator owned stuff, a big Pacific rim style monster book could be a real good fit for Bunn, especially if he and the artists can come with with some cool encounters.around different heroes skill sets.

Lois_Lane

Um, hi comicgaf.
*Nervous wave*

Long-time lurker, week old member and I was hoping for some recommendations. I'm a big liker of expansive/logical storylines and a cohesive lore. My all-time favorite comics are Fableshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fables_(comics), American Vampirehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Vampire, and Monstresshttp://www.avclub.com/article/monstress-captivates-its-fusion-western-comics-and-227787. I don't like stories where the characters meander off for no reason or the premise is just a thin veil for something else (looking at you Deadly Class and your stupid drug trips) or is riddled with logical inconsistencies.

Thank you for any help.

Um, hi comicgaf.
*Nervous wave*

Long-time lurker, week old member and I was hoping for some recommendations. I'm a big liker of expansive/logical storylines and a cohesive lore. My all-time favorite comics are Fableshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fables_(comics), American Vampirehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Vampire, and Monstresshttp://www.avclub.com/article/monstress-captivates-its-fusion-western-comics-and-227787. I don't like stories where the characters meander off for no reason or the premise is just a thin veil for something else (looking at you Deadly Class and your stupid drug trips) or is riddled with logical inconsistencies.

Thank you for any help.

Locke and Key. Hellboy. Sweet Tooth. The sixth gun in fact. These could all fit :) oh and I suppose it's worth mentioning the wake? If you like Snyder and American Vamp already. These are all a mix in length but all have an interesting lore and mythology and have good character arcs that are intelligently thought out. If we softened the lore part, y the last man is a fantastic character driven saga, and its pretty expansive!

Also hey!

Tizoc

Went and ordered the following off IST
Manhunter Vol. 1
DC Universe By Neil Gaiman Deluxe Ed HC
I Kill Giants

Prob. should've added Jonah Hex Showcase Vol. 2 but I'll save that for another time...like my bday~
Also Hellboy in Hell needs to be collected in one single volume already :V

Locke and Key. Hellboy. Sweet Tooth. The sixth gun in fact. These could all fit :) oh and I suppose it's worth mentioning the wake? If you like Snyder and American Vamp already.

Also hey!

There's also Transformers MTMTE-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294055

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Um, hi comicgaf.
*Nervous wave*

Long-time lurker, week old member and I was hoping for some recommendations. I'm a big liker of expansive/logical storylines and a cohesive lore. My all-time favorite comics are Fables, American Vampire, and Monstress. I don't like stories where the characters meander off for no reason or the premise is just a thin veil for something else (looking at you Deadly Class and your stupid drug trips) or is riddled with logical inconsistencies.

Thank you for any help.

Welcome!

Have you tried Saga? Or The Wicked + The Divine? Y The Last Man? Ex Machina? East of West?

Also, as you're new, if you put the word you want between the {URL} and {/URL} boxes, it will show that word instead of the url itself. You can quote this post to see what I mean.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what was the android app to read those transformer comics from humble? I cant find the post >_>

Well I mean neither possibility would be shocking.

Donnie and Birdie, we have a new Mignolaverse book! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/visitor-trailer-teases-comic-hellboy-938564

Duuuude. I'm majority hyped about this. I think it's going to bring back/ explain
the aliens! Remember the dude in castle hunte...

i did notice the references to the lilies though and yea....Roger?? It seems to much like something aha that is definitely the start of seed of destruction and Hellboy coming through though

Also Hellboy in Hell needs to be collected in one single volume already :V

Haha I'm not exactly sure when but they have said there will be another library edition.

Did any trade waiters finish Hellboy in Hell yet? I'm interested in seeing what everyone thinks of it.

I thought it was a beautiful ending to the series. I need to catch up on BPRD before Hell on Earth ends...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nvm found it. years of Gaf and never noticed theres a goddamn search by word, I always go back page by pge looking for posts >_>

Did any trade waiters finish Hellboy in Hell yet? I'm interested in seeing what everyone thinks of it.

I thought it was a beautiful ending to the series. I need to catch up on BPRD before Hell on Earth ends...

Mine was only posted on at the weekend, so I'm still waiting on it. Hopefully in the next few days. Carrying on my reread while I wait. Finished up Hellboy, up to the fury, and reading hell on earth: gods and monsters this evening. So happy to hear you loved it though. Not that I lack confidence, but it's a difficult thing to stick, a finale 22ish years in the making!

tim1138

Duuuude. I'm majority hyped about this. I think it's going to bring back/ explain
the aliens! Remember the dude in castle hunte...

i did notice the references to the lilies though and yea....Roger?? It seems to much like something aha that is definitely the start of seed of destruction and Hellboy coming through though

Haha I'm not exactly sure when but they have said there will be another library edition.

Oh my god, I totally forgot about
the aliens!
There are so many ways this could go, especially with the
lillies and the Roger reference.

Not gonna lie, I watched the video twice to make sure I saw the date right and confirmed it couldn't be about that asshole Johann.

Volume 2 comes out this week if I'm not mistaken, I'll grab it as soon as it's on CMX.
I'm all but caught up on BPRD, just waiting for the library to get in vol 14 of Hell on Earth. You're in for one hell of a ride friend.

Top Bottom