• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

I reread both Tom Kings Batman first arc and James Tynions first arc on Tec and this may be unpopular opinion, but I think Kings was better. I should say it has more ambitious. Who knows if King will succeed in his long game but the world building is there. In just 6 comics, I felt a lot of moving parts in play that has me excited for the future. Tynions story was impressive but it was a fairly straightforward story. It packed emotion to favorite characters but the world it is set in is fairly straight forward. Not until the end did it tie into DCU as a whole. Both were good but I think in terms of ambition, I give Kings Batman the nod.

Did you play the beta though? I was looking forward to the game but beta experience really kind of soured me on it. I just kind of want to keep playing the first game after it? Haha. Probably not their intention.

I didn't, but honestly the multiplayer doesn't interest me. Between Hearthstone, Duelyst, Overwatch, FIFA and random games with friends I have a lot on my plate as far as multiplayer games go. So I'm mainly going to be playing the campaign. I learned my lesson on not taking the multiplayer as how the campaign will be with DOOM.

I can't believe I forgot Civ VI in that list as well. Less than five weeks!

I didn't, but honestly the multiplayer doesn't interest me. Between Hearthstone, Duelyst, Overwatch, FIFA and random games with friends I have a lot on my plate as far as multiplayer games go. So I'm mainly going to be playing the campaign.

I can't believe I forgot Civ VI in that list as well. Less than five weeks!

Fair enough then man. The multi in the first was pretty rad and I havent bothered with cod or anything now for years, I mostly like splatoon online haha. Story could be cool though, it's a world with a cool aesthetic, just need to see how far they were able to get with their team size.

Fair enough then man. The multi in the first was pretty rad and I havent bothered with cod or anything now for years, I mostly like splatoon online haha. Story could be cool though, it's a world with a cool aesthetic, just need to see how far they were able to get with their team size.

I sadly didn't get to play Titanfall 1 in its' pomp, as I only had my college laptop which wasn't able to keep up with intense games at the time.

I haven't played COD multi since Modern Warfare 2. I have Black Ops III but it's weird because I got the Starter Pack through Humble Monthly, and the upgrade went on sale around my birthday so now I own the full thing. I want to play the story since it sounds crazy from what I remember from Giant Bomb's GOTY podcasts (apparently there is some Lotus-Eater Machine/Your Mind Makes It Real stuff going on, which I love).

The campaign for Infinite Warfare looks fantastic. I think it would be getting a lot more buzz if it wasn't called Call of Duty.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I sadly didn't get to play Titanfall 1 in its' pomp, as I only had my college laptop which wasn't able to keep up with intense games at the time.

I haven't played COD multi since Modern Warfare 2. I have Black Ops III but it's weird because I got the Starter Pack through Humble Monthly, and the upgrade went on sale around my birthday so now I own the full thing. I want to play the story since it sounds crazy from what I remember from Giant Bomb's GOTY podcasts (apparently there is some Lotus-Eater Machine/Your Mind Makes It Real stuff going on, which I love).

The campaign for Infinite Warfare looks fantastic. I think it would be getting a lot more buzz if it wasn't called Call of Duty.

It would be getting more hype if it were being made by TreyArch. Infinity Ward is complete and utter dog shit these days. The game will be terrible.

Zombine

Banned
It would be getting more hype if it were being made by TreyArch. Infinity Ward is complete and utter dog shit these days. The game will be terrible.

Treyarch showed that they can't tell a story worth a damn with Black Ops 3.

With the exception of the entirely unrelated multiplayer, Black Ops 3 is a directionless cash in on the Black Ops name.

. I want to play the story since it sounds crazy from what I remember from Giant Bomb's GOTY podcasts (apparently there is some Lotus-Eater Machine/Your Mind Makes It Real stuff going on, which I love).

If you have it, definitely play, no reason why not but just...don't get too amped there. I don't do the multi anymore but I have played the last few campaigns, and hmm, yea. After ghosts, the sledgehammer game and black ops 3 I'm fairly confident none of the three (!) Cod teams have anything for me. Maybe you'll dig though! The most Activision will get out of me is a rise of iron purchase haha.

Does that really matter if I'm not going to be playing multiplayer though? The last few COD campaigns I played weren't far off Telltale games in that they almost play themselves.

If you have it, definitely play, no reason why not but just...don't get too amped there. I don't do the multi anymore but I have played the last few campaigns, and hmm, yea. After ghosts, the sledgehammer game and black ops 3 I'm fairly confident none of the three (!) Cod teams have anything for me. Maybe you'll dig though! The most Activision will get out of me is a rise of iron purchase haha.

I'm not expecting brilliance or anything, I'll take dumb sci-fi action movie, simply because there aren't a lot of good ones of those anymore.

I don't play Destiny, no PC release. I don't think it would be my thing anyway.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Treyarch showed that they can't tell a story worth a damn with Black Ops 3.

With the exception of the entirely unrelated multiplayer, Black Ops 3 is a directionless cash in on the Black Ops name.

These games have stories?

Black Ops 3 was actually the first Call of Duty I didn't play.

Interesting having Captain America not liking Captain Marvel.
What's his issue with Carol?
Probably. Like, until we know what he's even up to, pretty much anything's possible. I'm under the assumption that, assuming Oz is Ozymandias, that he's building some kind of army. Possibly to fight Manhattan. If that's the case, then there's a higher chance he has Ray. At the very least, he has
Doomsday and Tim Drake
. That we know for sure.
Shhhiiiiiiiiiieeeeeet

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Infinite Warfare is looking promising.

Not to me. It looks like the worst one yet. But I can't relate at all to people who want to play the campaign in these things anyway.

Plus I don't have the energy to put 400-500 hours into the multiplayer anymore anyway. My friends list has dried up.

But what I don't get is why the move to a sci-fi theme has made CoD fans so hostile.

Personally it's nothing to do with the *shift* in genre it's just what was an impressive campaign in 2007 or 2009 is not not now. All of the last few games had brain dead ai where the difficulty options just increase their ttk on you. Well, decrease.

I don't play CoD multiplayer and probably never will, so yeah.

But what I don't get is why the move to a sci-fi theme has made CoD fans so hostile.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

But seriously, any shift in genre is going to piss off long-term fans. I'm old enough to have been cheesed off when they announced the original Modern Warfare."It's just what EA did to Battlefield 2!" cried teenage me.

Funnily enough, the Battlefield I enjoyed multiplayer in the most was Battlefield 2142, which a lot of people hated at the time. I loved Titan Mode though. It's probably best known for having in-game ads on billboards that changed over time. It was kinda jarring seeing ads for energy drinks in what was meant to be the far-flung future.

Zombine

Banned
That's what it feels like. Pre-ordered before all the negative stuff about the playtest came out, i went with it over Battlefield 1 because Titanfall 2's future content stuff is supposed to be free.

To be fair, Battlefield always has one of the best season passes out there.

Owzers

To be fair, Battlefield always has one of the best season passes out there.

As a Trump supporter I believe that people, people like myself for instance, should be treated fairly. I'm big on fairness and fairness is an important thing.

I don't think i've ever purchased a season pass. DLC, sure. Season pass? Nope!

edit: Rereading the Battlefield 1 pass news stuff, it does seem substantial at least.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't play CoD multiplayer and probably never will, so yeah.

While the theme doesn't interest me much I could probably live with it if I thought the MP was going to be good. But as I said earlier I just have no faith in Zombie-Infinity Ward to produce considering their last two have both been worse than the ones before.

I honestly can't speak to their campaigns though since the last one from Infinity Ward I finished was MW2.

While the theme doesn't interest me much I could probably live with it if I thought the MP was going to be good. But as I said earlier I just have no faith in Zombie-Infinity Ward to produce considering their last two have both been worse than the ones before.

Wasn't the MP going to be bad from the get-go anyway, then? Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of games I've ever bought and touched multiplayer mode. Overwatch is the big exception on that one. Previously, an MP-only game would never be considered for purchase. I guess waifus make all the difference. As far as Call of Duty is concerned, I would blame Activision for monetizing it to such a degree that they have several studios alternating between developing games in the series. And the whole Zampella / West debacle that was entirely Activision being shitheads.

Biggest disappointment in Gotham Academy vol 1: There's wasn't actually a cult of the bat/secret society. I would have loved that. Such a fantastic book though. Olive & Maps, Maps & Olive. I quite liked their appearance in the batgirl annual too, was fun if short lived.

VanWinkle

Biggest disappointment in Gotham Academy vol 1: There's wasn't actually a cult of the bat/secret society. I would have loved that. Such a fantastic book though. Olive & Maps, Maps & Olive. I quite liked their appearance in the batgirl annual too, was fun if short lived.

I love Gotham Academy.

shingi70

Banned
So read Suicide Squad #2 and the Lee side of things got a bit better, it's still handicapped by only being about 15 pages. The boomerang back up was really good, and I'd pay for a whole book of Williams telling the stories he's doing in the back ups.

Was that Ostrander War Crimes book any good?

Still really enjoying Wonder Woman. The contrast between Steve's arrival at Themyscira and Diana's welcome when she returns home with him was clever. The Amazons offer to heal Steve and help him get home, while Diana gets guns pointed at her and is chucked in a cell.

The Perez cameo was a nice little nod too. I still keep meaning to read his run. Tempted to get the omnibus. £37 seems pretty good.

I love Gotham Academy.

I know, right? So good, I'm glad it survived the dcyou purge. And I've only read volume 1 haha! I finished my reread though and I have volume 2 right here, so it's happening this weekend.

Is there any preview of Jill Thompson's Wonder Woman book that's out next week?

I was interested in this too, thought my partner might dig it for Xmas, she's a big ww mark.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Wasn't the MP going to be bad from the get-go anyway, then? Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of games I've ever bought and touched multiplayer mode. Overwatch is the big exception on that one. Previously, an MP-only game would never be considered for purchase. I guess waifus make all the difference. As far as Call of Duty is concerned, I would blame Activision for monetizing it to such a degree that they have several studios alternating between developing games in the series. And the whole Zampella / West debacle that was entirely Activision being shitheads.

COD was my first MP experience. Only played Destiny, Overwatch, and a couple of betas since then.

Well it was my first online MP experience. Weekends at my friends playing Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and WCW/NWO Revenge were my first actual MP experiences.

It's not really the last two pages of a series if there are two more arcs after it?

I don't know what to tell you man, just trying to be friendly, not looking to debate it with you. Keep it up if you want, I've read both books so it's no issue to me, just a thought that came into my head.

How is Destiny? The complete experience coming out this week is tempting, but god damn I'd be so far behind and there's so much content.

It's pretty great these days. I noticed your comment about mmo features earlier, but I've literally played the entire game bar the 3 or 4 raids or whatever, all single player and random matchmaking for any strikes or crucible ive done, and it's no issue. I just played it like any other game. They added a lot to the campaign to make it hang together between too, originally missions were quite disjointed in terms of actual story and why you were doing anything, but they altered the quest info stuff to fairly large effect. The taken king stuff is really great off the bat too.

If it bothers you being behind, they give you an item that will level you straight to lvl. 40, which would allow you to thrash through all the content pretty quick. I wouldn't personally since its take away that ebb and flow journey of getting better armors all the way up through the ranks but it's there.

Malyse

waspalexandradaddariojpg-0d7a79_765w.jpg

thorcoltonhaynesjpg-0d7a78_765w.jpg

spiderwomankiernanshipkajpg-c74341_765w.jpg

blackwidowalisonbriejpg-0d7a75_765w.jpg

msmarvelpriyankachoprajpg-0d7a77_765w.jpg

tigrabellathornejpg-19c8d0_765w.jpg

falconasaprockyjpg-c74340_765w.jpg

ironmandavefrancojpg-0d7a76_765w.jpg

hulkjohncenajpg-19c8cf_765w.jpg

Alan Adelberg ... Iron Fist (voice)
Alison Brie ... Black Widow (voice)
Tom Cassell ... Loki (voice)
John Cena ... Hulk (voice)
Priyanka Chopra ... Ms. Marvel (voice)
Alexandra Daddario ... The Wasp (voice)
Dave Franco ... Iron Man (voice)
Nika Futterman ... Sif (voice)
Mel Gorsha ... Black Cat (voice)
Colton Haynes ... Thor (voice)
Kestin Howard ... Lizard (voice)
JP Karliak ... Vision (voice)
Quinn Kitmitto ... Mary Jane (voice)
Rakim Mayers ... Falcon (voice) (as A$AP Rocky)
Christopher McCann ... Spider-Ham (voice)
Adam Montoya ... Taskmaster (voice)
Daniel Moss ... Captain Britain (voice)
Dean Panaro ... Captain America (voice)
Michelle Phan ... Jessica Jones (voice)
Ian Russell ... Black Knight (voice)
Linnea Sage ... Nebula / Agent 13 (voice)
Kiernan Shipka ... Spider-Woman (voice)
Gus Sorola ... Hawkeye (voice)
Brian Stivale ... Venom (voice)
Adande 'Swoozie' Thorne ... War Machine (voice)
Bella Thorne ... Tigra (voice)
Toby Turner ... Ant-Man (voice)
Brandon Winckler ... Green Goblin / Miles Morales (voice)

they went kinda big for the VO for Avengers Academy.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
How is Destiny? The complete experience coming out this week is tempting, but god damn I'd be so far behind and there's so much content.

I don't know what to tell you man, just trying to be friendly, not looking to debate it with you. Keep it up if you want, I've read both books so it's no issue to me, just a thought that came into my head.

It's pretty great these days. I noticed your comment about mmo features earlier, but I've literally played the entire game bar the 3 or 4 raids or whatever, all single player and random matchmaking for any strikes or crucible ive done, and it's no issue. I just played it like any other game. They added a lot to the campaign to make it hang together between too, originally missions were quite disjointed in terms of actual story and why you were doing anything, but they altered the quest info stuff to fairly large effect. The taken king stuff is really great off the bat too.

If it bothers you being behind, they give you an item that will level you straight to lvl. 40, which would allow you to thrash through all the content pretty quick. I wouldn't personally since its take away that ebb and flow journey of getting better armors all the way up through the ranks but it's there.

yup

Sandfox

Dan Slott is warning stores that they didn't order enough copies of Clone Conspiracy #1. Last time he did that we got ASM 698.

Top Bottom