• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

bashing overwatch is like bashing valiant: that what they put out is excellent/way better than 90% of the rest of the industry is irrelevant to the bashing.

VanWinkle

So I popped into my LCS for Batman Day as one of my friends was gonna be doing free sketches for customers and I wanted to say hi to him since I hadn't seen him in about 6 months.

When I get there he asks me to join him on sketching since the previous hour had been pretty busy and he wanted some back up. I ended up doing a few sketches, figured y'all might like to see them. The Catwoman on the sketch cover is mine, the scarecrow was done by my friend, his twitter is here if you wanna check out his work.

Killed it. Great job, man.

Messi

bashing overwatch is like bashing valiant: that what they put out is excellent/way better than 90% of the rest of the industry is irrelevant to the bashing.

I actually agree with this. But those cat covers were a disgrace to this industry.

Give me a cat mercy skin tho. I'll give them $10

Which one of you poor bastards bought a Blizzard Ticket to get the Bastion exclusive skin?

Zombine and GrandHarrier, at least.

The last two years I have wanted a ticket for the Hearthstone cardback, but was pretty much stony broke. Now I can afford one and it's easily the worst cardback for some time. Such is life.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Kinda late to the discussion but I accidently all the Doom Patrol variant covers. First issue was dope, the weirdos are back. Bless Way and his gyro loving cute ass.

Owzers

Zombine and GrandHarrier, at least.

The last two years I have wanted a ticket for the Hearthstone cardback, but was pretty much stony broke. Now I can afford one and it's easily the worst cardback for some time. Such is life.

October's card back looks great though, pie! Everyone loves pie. Everyone should love pie, if i were president i'd make them love it...

October's card back looks great though, pie! Everyone loves pie. Everyone should love pie, if i were president i'd make them love it...

My favs are:
Overwatch
Winter Veil (can't use this outside December though)
Heroes of the Storm (I really struggled to get this one, I didn't like the game at all, but I still spent like €100 on it because of the Blizzard fanservice)
Icecrown
League of Explorers Heroic (think it's called Staff of Rafaam?)
Medivh

So I popped into my LCS for Batman Day as one of my friends was gonna be doing free sketches for customers and I wanted to say hi to him since I hadn't seen him in about 6 months.

When I get there he asks me to join him on sketching since the previous hour had been pretty busy and he wanted some back up. I ended up doing a few sketches, figured y'all might like to see them. The Catwoman on the sketch cover is mine, the scarecrow was done by my friend, his twitter is here if you wanna check out his work.

nice. his work looks pretty cool, too!

Owzers

So. The usual Saturday night?

Four genjis on the enemy team, no winstons.

ratatouille-2007-pic-5.jpg

Gravity Rush 2 and Dishonored 2 for me, kinda glad, last year was sad for wallet

I would be very surprised if GR2 doesn't get delayed into 2017.

This.

Had much fun today. I was a healing beast today. Mercy 4 life .

I haven't played Comp. in a bit. People are too serious.

I tried Ana again today in qp, anytime i play shooty intensive characters i tend to hold the controller too tight and my wrist hurts. Time to go back to Rein.

I tried Ana a few times. She still hasn't clicked for me.

Freeza, your group tried to ruin Overwatch for me. Forever.

Ha ha. Well, they are from the old FigureGAF. They both just bought the game the other day after enjoying the free weekend. Also, you left before we really got our asses handed to us thanks to Blizzards horrible dogshit matchmaking. The other team was like, three level 300+ peeps and one level 503.

Four genjis on the enemy team, no winstons.

Do you know what Genji and Winston have in common? They are both dog shit. Remove them in the next patch pls, Blizzard.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Bah. Just keep playing Overwatch on console. No one will judge you.

2 of my bros / d&d party members are playing on PC. i'm looking forward to having a dedicated group of close friends to play with tbh

at least i'll be ready to start collecting Halloween / Christmas skins...

Who reads comics anymore? list

Doctor Fate #16
Green Arrow #7
Raven #1
Rom #3
Invisible Republic #11
Wicked Divine 1831 One-shot
Civil War II #5
Empress #6
Power Man & Iron Fist #8
Vision #11
Dark Souls Legends of the Flame #1

GN/Manga
Blame Vol.1
Bride's Story Vol.8
Marvel Hip-Hop Covers Vol.1 HC

Sandfox

This upcoming week is pretty nice in terms of releases.

Who reads comics anymore? list

Doctor Fate #16
Green Arrow #7
Raven #1
Rom #3
Invisible Republic #11
Wicked Divine 1831 One-shot
Civil War II #5
Empress #6
Power Man & Iron Fist #8
Vision #11
Dark Souls Legends of the Flame #1

GN/Manga
Blame Vol.1
Bride's Story Vol.8
Marvel Hip-Hop Covers Vol.1 HC

So you ended up checking out PM&IF?

yeah exactly

Bendis' All-New X-Men -- For the most part this run is good. Vol 1-5 and The Trial of Jean Grey are all pretty dope, especially the Trial. Vol 6 is pure filler and Vol. 7 is just a flop of an ending)

Bendis' Uncanny X-Men -- Again, for the most part. The Omega Mutant arc is not all that great, but following is a nice epilogue followed by Uncanny X-Men #600, which I think is a pretty good issue and ending. It has issues near the end, but overall the run is fairly solid and much more consistent than All-New. If you're a fan of Cyclops, the ending of this run is frustrating as hell. If you're not, then you probably won't care.

Spurrier's X-Force -- This run is fucking great all the way through. Pure and unadulterated scumbaggery coupled with over the top insanity. Goddamn is this run so much fun.

Rucka's Cyclops -- Pretty much young Scott and Corsair having father/son bonding space adventures. The book is short, having only two trades. Rucka does the first and Layman does the second. Rucka's run is straight gold all the way through. Layman's isn't bad by any means, but it's simply not as strong. It's still pretty fun, but it's Rucka's run that really makes this book shine.

Spider-Man and the X-Men -- This is a really fun book involving Spider-Man teaching the delinquent class at the Jean Grey School after Wolverine dies and requests Peter to find a mole within the school. The class in question consists entirely of students that Logan had pegged as possible suspects. It's really fun with a bunch of crazy adventures, and also a lot of heartwarming moments. It's a pretty short book, capping somewhere between 8-12 issues, but it's still a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

Current ongoings:

X-Men '92 -- Really fun book that's basically an homage to the cartoon while also poking fun at that era. It starts as a Secret Wars mini, which is amazing, and then became a current ongoing. I don't think the ongoing is as strong as the Secret Wars book, but it's still pretty fun.

Old Man Logan --
b0ZzW.gif

Extraordinary X-Men -- Honestly, it's hard to sell someone on this run. The beginning is shaky, but ever since the Omega World arc started, it's been consistently solid. Lemire's getting the hang of it and I trust him to keep improving. My biggest beef is that Young Jean is on the team instead of Rachel Grey, but at least Rachel's showed up in the Civil War 2 X-Men mini. Like I said, it's a shaky book, but it's still fun.

Sandfox

Bendis' All-New X-Men -- For the most part this run is good. Vol 1-5 and The Trial of Jean Grey are all pretty dope, especially the Trial. Vol 6 is pure filler and Vol. 7 is just a flop of an ending)

Bendis' Uncanny X-Men -- Again, for the most part. The Omega Mutant arc is not all that great, but following is a nice epilogue followed by Uncanny X-Men #600, which I think is a pretty good issue and ending. It has issues near the end, but overall the run is fairly solid and much more consistent than All-New. If you're a fan of Cyclops, the ending of this run is frustrating as hell. If you're not, then you probably won't care.

Spurrier's X-Force -- This run is fucking great all the way through. Pure and unadulterated scumbaggery coupled with over the top insanity. Goddamn is this run so much fun.

Rucka's Cyclops -- Pretty much young Scott and Corsair having father/son bonding space adventures. The book is short, having only two trades. Rucka does the first and Layman does the second. Rucka's run is straight gold all the way through. Layman's isn't bad by any means, but it's simply not as strong. It's still pretty fun, but it's Rucka's run that really makes this book shine.

Spider-Man and the X-Men -- This is a really fun book involving Spider-Man teaching the delinquent class at the Jean Grey School after Wolverine dies and requests Peter to find a mole within the school. The class in question consists entirely of students that Logan had pegged as possible suspects. It's really fun with a bunch of crazy adventures, and also a lot of heartwarming moments. It's a pretty short book, capping somewhere between 8-12 issues, but it's still a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

Current ongoings:

X-Men '92 -- Really fun book that's basically an homage to the cartoon while also poking fun at that era. It starts as a Secret Wars mini, which is amazing, and then became a current ongoing. I don't think the ongoing is as strong as the Secret Wars book, but it's still pretty fun.

Old Man Logan --
b0ZzW.gif

Extraordinary X-Men -- Honestly, it's hard to sell someone on this run. The beginning is shaky, but ever since the Omega World arc started, it's been consistently solid. Lemire's getting the hang of it and I trust him to keep improving. My biggest beef is that Young Jean is on the team instead of Rachel Grey, but at least Rachel's showed up in the Civil War 2 X-Men mini. Like I said, it's a shaky book, but it's still fun.

You forgot to sell him on the current Uncanny book lol.

Tizoc

Sweet! Maybe this will mean I'll start seeing a lot more of their stuff at work. I'd love to read TMNT and Transformers for free.

Righty-o sorry for the late response but here's the reading order for the current TF series
1- Last Stand of the Wreckers
2- Transformers: Chaos Theory (only the last half of the book is important, the first half you can ignore)
3- More than Meets the eye vol. 1-3
4- Transformers: Dark Prelude
5- MTMTE Vol. 4-5
6- Dark Cybertron
7- Rest of MTMTE

Who reads comics when we can make list of games we won't play? My fall plans:

Paper Mario colour splash, disney magical world 2, Dragon Quest Builders, world of FF, Pokemon, maybe be a masochist and buy FFXV. Last Guardian & Gravity Rush 2.

Also Dishonored 2, Gears 4, Skyrim Remastered, FH3 but I'm not sure when I'll actually play these, may just grab them on console, may hold off until I get one of those 1060s.

Also Divinity Original Sin 2 if it actually comes out of early access this year.

Titanfall 2 (I'm way too excited that there's a story this time, also I didn't have anything that could play the first one when it came out)

Did you play the beta though? I was looking forward to the game but beta experience really kind of soured me on it. I just kind of want to keep playing the first game after it? Haha. Probably not their intention.

And yea, Aunt May in Civil War, really throws you for a loop huh.

The kind of Aunt May I want to have.

Tizoc

It seems I've lost my boxcart for Super Mario 3D Land and my copy of Kirby Robobot =_=
Gonna need to order another copy of Robobot in this case.

Top Bottom