• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Did avengers academy have Caselli? I think that might have been the first time I saw his work

That was Avengers: The Initiative. I did think he drew the time Spider-Man tutored at Avengers Academy, turns out that was Reilly Brown.

Amazing_SpiderMan_661_Panel.jpg

Ah wait no you're totally right, I am think of the initiative. Was academy a successor or just a totally different thing?

Sort of. All the initial class were created for the book, except for Reptil who was imported from The Initiative (well, if we're being exact, he comes from The Super Hero Squad Show). Christos Gage wrote AA, and he was co-writer on most of The Initiative as well.

Sort of. All the initial class were created for the book, except for Reptil who was imported from The Initiative (well, if we're being exact, he comes from The Super Hero Squad Show). Christos Gage wrote AA, and he was co-writer on most of The Initiative as well.

Cool, I think I had moved to only reading vertigo and image stuff at that point, so that era is a little fuzzy. It was really only the new 52 that got me reading big two mainline stuff again.

Oh, yeah.

BUT ALSO: DEADPOOL IS BEING OUTSOLD BY FLIPPING AQUAMAN.

Multiple $10 books in the same run will do that, and there's another one coming.

Plus, current Deadpool kind of sucks now. Spider-Man/Deadpool is much better. And there's a lot of older Deadpool product out there for movie fans.

I think the kind of person who would be interested in buying something Deadpool-related is much more likely to buy a shirt or a figure rather than a comic, but DC sold 400K of Harley Quinn, so IDFK.

VanWinkle

Even though it's still early days, I think it's far enough to tell that Rebirth genuinely seems like a big success for DC.

Only thing, though - Green Arrow deserves to be higher on that list.

Even though it's still early days, I think it's far enough to tell that Rebirth genuinely seems like a big success for DC.

Only thing, though - Green Arrow deserves to be higher on that list.

The main critique I read about green arrow was some really hammy dialogue, Olli literally stating his character traits out loud and stuff, has this improved/did you ever notice anything like that in the first place?

VanWinkle

The main critique I read about green arrow was some really hammy dialogue, Olli literally stating his character traits out loud and stuff, has this improved/did you ever notice anything like that in the first place?

I've heard that from one or maybe two people (repairmanjack the only one I can think of right now). I'm SLIGHTLY sensitive to hammy dialogue, but not too much. I haven't noticed it at all really. It's a really fun comic that doesn't take itself overly seriously.

"If these trends continue..........ayyyyyyyyy."

Hey, not saying it's going to last forever. But, I mean...the proof is there. It's been several months.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Finally got around to reading the latest Walking Dead

What a weak death at the beginning. Good ending though.

I'm glad I decided to read Southern Cross Volume 1 in trade before reading #7. When I read the first arc digitally I must've missed issue #6 because I didn't remember that craziness at all.

#7 wasn't what I expected -- it will be interesting to see who the POV character will be in this new arc.

I've heard that from one or maybe two people (repairmanjack the only one I can think of right now). I'm SLIGHTLY sensitive to hammy dialogue, but not too much. I haven't noticed it at all really. It's a really fun comic that doesn't take itself overly seriously.

That's cool. I've been trying to keep a check on how many re irth series I go in for but I feel that once I actually see those volumes on sale I'll try a good few extra. I don't have green arrow or flash down but I think there's a chance for both of them. Great to see Ferrerreya get a good gig as well.

#7 wasn't what I expected -- it will be interesting to see who the POV character will be in this new arc.

I won't be reading this arc until the second trade but I'm interested what it'll even be after the end of the first one haha. Characters etc, will be interesting.

Messi

How many covers were there? That's your answer.

But seriously, I thought he said he doesn't read it anymore?

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faaaaaaaaaaster than liiiiiiiiiiiightning....

I ended up with 14 Harley #1 issues. Maybe a few more at nycc.

I buy them I just don't read them. Physical, digital, trade.

Top Bottom