• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Owzers

Not planning on getting Mafia III?

i've never cared about that franchise. I don't think any game this fall, even without being in the $10 gamers club pre-order thing at BB, would be something i'm interested in buying. I stopped buying games partly because of FFXIII so FFXV has a lot to prove and The Last Guardian seems like a safe rental. Zelda got delayed until next year, i keep buying zelda games with no proof that i like them, I've Messi'd Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Then it's shooter central.

I just got notice that Vol. 1-3 of Batgirl of Burnside was delivered. I'd read the first 5-6 issues digitally but never got back into it at the time. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with Babs(both of them!) when I get home tonight. :)

i've never cared about that franchise.

This one's a whole new thing, new Dev team and it's actually headed up by haden blackman, who worked on batwoman and elektra in recent years. Might be good. Maybe not.

I just got notice that Vol. 1-3 of Batgirl of Burnside was delivered. I'd read the first 5-6 issues digitally but never got back into it at the time. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with Babs(both of them!) when I get home tonight. :)

Just read the second volume a few nights ago, really great stuff. If you enjoyed volume 1, you will dig it alot.

I beat Doom last night. I see why it's gonna be on everyone's top 10 of 2016, including mine. Way better than comics.

I love how disinterested doom guy is in the entire plot, funny stuff. Game is really good, I think I'm on my third playthrough. Not for any specific reason, I just keep picking it back up, because its so good.

http://www.avclub.com/article/marik...m=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Main:1:Default

Sounds awesome, although Leon has not been super impressive on his Spider-Man fill ins. :(
Sounds great but I hate Alonso's comments as usual. Over/under on this book getting more issues than her last time by Soule? This feels like a book that will end once she's back to her usual self and a lawyer again around issue 12 when she joins the Avengers/starts a new superteam etc.

BC: Sixth member of the Teen Titans is probably Aqualad as we all already guessed.

tim1138

Haha. I do like bread!

bread-makes-you-fat_scott-pilgrim.png

I love how disinterested doom guy is in the entire plot, funny stuff. Game is really good, I think I'm on my third playthrough. Not for any specific reason, I just keep picking it back up, because its so good.
I loved how, despite showing no emotion and being only interested in killing and destroying,
he cares just enough to make a back-up copy of VEGA into a chip before destroying him.
Speaking of which, fuck that room before you reach VEGA's core. I must have died 10 times in that area.

Haha! I like it.

I loved how, despite showing no emotion and being only interested in killing and destroying,
he cares just enough to make a back-up copy of VEGA into a chip before destroying him.
Speaking of which, fuck that room before you reach VEGA's core. I must have died 10 times in that area.

Yea it's perfect, the kind of self restraint almost no video games have, it is a great, and something solid hard, game. I love that of all games doom is the game will self restraint in its storytelling, compare to the action onscreen. Were you a fan of wolfenstein reboot?

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/777725074447015936

Oh my..........................
Yea it's perfect, the kind of self restraint almost no video games have, it is a great, and something solid hard, game. I love that of all games doom is the game will self restraint in its storytelling, compare to the action onscreen. Were you a fan of wolfenstein reboot?

Never got around to play Wolfenstein. I got too much backlog of games.

Fury451

Banned
Had it on my subscribe list but finally got around to reading new Moon Knight- the latest issue was fantastic. I love how they're experimenting with different art styles and the meta narrative. Could've easily been cheesy, but it was very good. Last issue I wasn't a fan of but this one won me back.

Waiting for a sherieff of Babylon sale

Same. Finally got around to Omega Men and it delivered on the hype.

Never got around to play Wolfenstein. I got too much backlog of games.

Wolfenstein is great. Not all that similar in end product to the doom reboot, but extremely similar in ethos. The idea of dragging these aged giants into modern gaming, evolving the gameplay while somehow putting the finger on the classic games' feel. Also embracing the silliness of the premise but also telling extremely poignant stories, or at least very on point with the tone each adopts. Not sure poignant is right for doom haha. Again, told very different to each other, but hell of a job from everyone involved.

Anyone else see this when someone mentions Mafia 3?

Mmm I don't know. It's not like it's something I'm gasping for and certainly the gameplay I've seen is the most questionable part but I think the setting and some of themes seem interesting. If they actually try and do or say something with it, it could be cool. It could be good even if it's just a really good crime fiction story. Need to see. I like Blackman as a writer, although I think he only came up with the story, don't think he's scripting the game.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I know that this is old new, but Witcher 3 is real good.

I think I played for about 15 hours over Saturday and Sunday. I kept "Well, I'll just do one more thing"-ing until 2 in the morning.

My biggest problem at the moment? The outfit that has the best stats is hideous. It totally clashes. And his beard has gotten unruly, and I can't find a barber (I freed one from a cage, who said that he'd cut my hair for free, but I have no idea where he got off to).

TheFlow

Banned

I think I played for about 15 hours over Saturday and Sunday. I kept "Well, I'll just do one more thing"-ing until 2 in the morning.

My biggest problem at the moment? The outfit that has the best stats is hideous. It totally clashes. And his beard has gotten unruly, and I can't find a barber (I freed one from a cage, who said that he'd cut my hair for free, but I have no idea where he got off to).
Outfits get way better and you can find barbers in every major city

I started the Grant Morrison/Mark Millar The Flash TPB last night before bed. The first story was 3 issues long and it contained more weird science type shit than probably all the comics I've read in 2016. Loved it!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Outfits get way better and you can find barbers in every major city

That's the thing about going from sidequest to sidequest without really touching the main things. I mean sure, I want to track down my surrogate daughter, but it a lot more fun to track down whatever monster is terrorizing a town, cutting it's head off and strapping it to my horse.

The barber should of mentioned what village he was heading off to, but I found the freeing prisoners stuff to be quite glitchy. Cool game though, the dark horse comics are fun too, especially the first one, worth a look! I mostly love the use of folklore in the witcher games. I don't think I prescribe to idea that they tell complex political stories or quite the moral conundrums eithet but the individual monster hunt stories are fantastic and scratch a similar itch to a lot of my favourite one and done hellboy tales. Did you ever play the second game?

Oh and as mentioned, outfits get better, and actually become kind of irrelevant once you start to find the witcher school gear.

I laughed.

My 2015 GOTY. Don't worry too much about the armour for now. You're best off building your own when you come across some armour diagrams that would suit your playstyle. I always liked the Cat armour myself.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The barber should of mentioned what village he was heading off to, but I found the freeing prisoners stuff to be quite glitchy. Cool game though, the dark horse comics are fun too, especially the first one, worth a look! I mostly love the use of folklore in the witcher games. I don't think I prescribe to idea that they tell complex political stories or quite the moral conundrums eithet but the individual monster hunt stories are fantastic and scratch a similar itch to a lot of my favourite one and done hellboy tales. Did you ever play the second game?

Oh and as mentioned, outfits get better, and actually become kind of irrelevant once you start to find the witcher school gear.

He mentioned it, but I wasn't paying attention. But the barber icon never showed up on anything, so I think it's a town I still haven't gotten to yet.

Last night I got all of the recipes for the Griffin Witcher school, but I need to gain a level before I can actually wear them. Looking forward to it.

I played the second one over the last week or so, when I realized that I had it free through Games for Gold. I liked it a lot. If I had more time for games I would go back when I'm done with 3 to take the opposite path (I went with Ioveth because I liked his hat/eyepatch), but I'm not sure if I'll get to it.

Oh, and speaking of Mike Mignola, I went to the LA County Museum of Art's Guillermo Del Toro exhibit, and they had a ton of Mignola originals. Great show, if you're in the area.

Bonus Blade/Mignola Story Boards (He draws him awfully white looking, which is odd.

Top Bottom