• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

This book is launching faster than I expected.

Hey, look. A new Star Wars comic.

giphy.gif

Action Figure?
No Aphra then.

They do Action Figure Variants all the time for shit that doesn't actually have an action figure. Liars.

Malyse

I hope they cast Ivy in the Harley movie. I'm hoping it's the oasis of good for DCCU like Deadpool is for the Fox MCU.
Get me some Clones or Old Republic and I'll start buying star wars comics. Not that the current ones are bad or anything.
Knights of the New Republic. Set between RotJ and TFA, focused on Luke's New Jedi Order before Snoke wrecks it.

I hope they cast Ivy in the Harley movie. I'm hoping it's the oasis of good for DCCU like Deadpool is for the Fox MCU.

Knights of the New Republic. Set between RotJ and TFA, focused on Luke's New Jedi Order before Snoke wrecks it.
There isn't much of a story to tell there. There was no huge Jedi Order, just a few pupils he was training.

I'd like an Old Republic book but I wouldn't be surprised if they wait to do a film during that time before books and comics.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Yoda series yet.

I think that has been the most common guess since we found out that a Vader replacement was coming.

What's the artist most known for being good at? With Vader Gillen wanted someone who could pull of the suit and backgrounds well IIRC and decided on Larocca after Iron Man.

What's the artist most known for being good at? With Vader Gillen wanted someone who could pull of the suit and backgrounds well IIRC and decided on Larocca after Iron Man.

His main work has been in tabletop stuff and British comics. He's worked on art for Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, the Eberron setting for D&D and he has his own Zombicide Special Guest pack. He's drawn pretty much every character in 2000 AD at some point.

He also drew most of Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover, drew some later issues of Hickman New Avengers, and had a run on Thunderbolts (mostly the 2000 AD parody arc with Judge Dredd "Boss Cage").

His main work has been in tabletop stuff and British comics. He's worked on art for Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, the Eberron setting for D&D and he has his own Zombicide Special Guest pack. He's drawn pretty much every character in 2000 AD at some point.

He also drew most of Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover, drew some later issues of Hickman New Avengers, and had a run on Thunderbolts (mostly the 2000 AD parody arc with Judge Dredd "Boss Cage").

Seems like a good all around artist. If they're planning to make the book a true ongoing and not a "I'll probably be done in like 2 years and move onto my other Image books" I could see him fitting well. Gillen sent off the second issue script for the book late August so they'll probably have a good tempo unless Marvel delays them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No idea what you all think, but between the she-hulk announcement and 500 funny girl hijinx books I am super interested im what they plan with Jennifer

Sandfox

No idea what you all think, but between the she-hulk announcement and 500 funny girl hijinx books I am super interested im what they plan with Jennifer
I think it's an interesting direction for the character coming off Soule's book and her appearances in books like Hellcat. It seems like they got a good writer working on it, so I'll give the new series a try.

I hope this book is really good. I've got a good feeling about it, plus it probably can't be worse than All-New Hawkeye

Kate Bishop is my jam. Like when Marvel Heroes released her skin as a replacement for Hawkguy, the character went from afterthought to instant main for me, even though they were mechanically identical.

Kate was the real star of Fraction's run,

I think it's an interesting direction for the character coming off Soule's book and her appearances in books like Hellcat. It seems like they got a good writer working on it, so I'll give the new series a try.

I have a huge issue with the reception it's getting:

Comic readers: "Marvel and DC characters never have any real character development and they never do anything new or interesting."

Marvel: "We're doing something new that we think will develop the character in a meaningful way"

Comic readers: "NOT MY SHE-HULK!"

Comicosity: Our Perfect JLA Rosters part 1.

Vision #11 preview. You know, I really like it when people just blast Tony.
Good to know someone else wants Red Lantern Supergirl on a team

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Your fault if you read the OT thread for this.
Edit: this came now ruder of as intended, but I think you get what I mean. I opened that thread, thought "idiots" and closed it again to post my post here.
Just another Comicthread at OT.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Think I'll drop Uncanny X-Men. Story is so boring.

All New X-Men is passable enough for my X-Fix.

I'm sure Nico Leon is all well and fine, but they ain't Ben Caldwell
Probably wouldn't have fit the darker tone anyway tho
Kate Bishop is my jam. Like when Marvel Heroes released her skin as a replacement for Hawkguy, the character went from afterthought to instant main for me, even though they were mechanically identical.

Kate was the real star of Fraction's run,
yeah, same. It's a solid team, too.
Wasn't aware of a Hawkman/Adam Strange mini by Andreyko/Lopresti, that could be fun. Or a Vigilante miniseries, which i'll probably continue being ignorant of. Also, I'm all about having Cary Nord draw Deathstroke

Sandfox

The Rebirth trades seem to be pretty cheap for what you get.

SUICIDE SQUAD #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT
Written by ROB WILLIAMS
Art by JIM LEE and JASON FABOK
Cover by JIM LEE
Superstar artists Jim Lee and Jason Fabok join writer Rob Williams to bring you a new vision of the Suicide Squad in this new pencils-only DIRECTOR’S CUT special! As “The Black Vault” begins, a mysterious cosmic item falls out of the heavens and into enemy hands, and America has only one option: Task Force X, Amanda Waller’s strike team of incarcerated super-criminals. A one-stop-shop for plausibly deniable espionage and ultra-violence, this “Suicide Squad” only handles missions they’re not expected to survive.
On sale DECEMBER 7 • 64 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T+
lol

Comic readers: "Marvel and DC characters never have any real character development and they never do anything new or interesting."

Marvel: "We're doing something new that we think will develop the character in a meaningful way"

Comic readers: "NOT MY SHE-HULK!"
Welcome to comics.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ignoring the stupidity in the OT threads doesn't make it go away or change the fact that those threads are a better representation of the comic community at large than this place is.
I dont think that even 50% of these people on OT in Comicthreads are currently reading comics.

Your fault if you read the OT thread for this.
Edit: this came now ruder of as intended, but I think you get what I mean. I opened that thread, thought "idiots" and closed it again to post my post here.
Just another Comicthread at OT.
Welcome to comics.

This bothers me more than some others though. A lot of the outside reactions come from cosmetic stuff that people haven't bothered to gain any context from. It still upsets me, but not to this degree. This is a scenario where people know the context and I think that's worse.

Think I'll drop Uncanny X-Men. Story is so boring.

All New X-Men is passable enough for my X-Fix.
Extraordinary is better

Sandfox

DC pricing Rebirth trades really nicely. $17 to $18 for ~200 page trades. I have so many to buy in January. MAN.
A lot of Rebirh books seem to have long arcs in addition to the Rebirth issues so it's making the trades bigger and DC clearly doesn't want to charge $20+ lol. I was wondering how they were going to handle that and now we know.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This bothers me more than some others though. A lot of the outside reactions come from cosmetic stuff that people haven't bothered to gain any context from. It still upsets me, but not to this degree. This is a scenario where people know the context and I think that's worse.

Extraordinary is better

I think thats what I'm thinking of

The arc atm involves Apocalypse right?

Top Bottom