• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Sandfox

So I'm reading the Monsters Unleashed interview and I like how this is about the heroes putting whatever issues they have aside to team up.

These two quotes stand out to me:
One thing I can say is that Monsters Unleashed will bring something new onto the table, I can’t say what exactly, but something new and exciting that we think will be a very valuable new player [or players] in the Marvel Universe.
To recap: it’s five 30-page issues, five different artists, one writer and we’re gonna have only a few tie-ins. I think we’re going to be somewhere around seven or eight tie-ins, [and] they’re gonna be one shots. We’re keeping it lean and mean; these one shots will not take place in the core title, but alongside the core title so, if hypothetically speaking, there’s an AMAZING SPIDER-MAN one, it’ll be labeled accordingly. So it’ll be quick hits; these are all a little piece of the chocolate; you can eat two or three or four or all of them.

MG310

I'll give new She-Hulk a shot.

Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled before the last Civil War issue comes out.

PsychBat!

Banned
3IcgSW3.jpg

Finally

Messi

I'm sure Nico Leon is all well and fine, but they ain't Ben Caldwell
Probably wouldn't have fit the darker tone anyway tho

yeah, same. It's a solid team, too.

Wasn't aware of a Hawkman/Adam Strange mini by Andreyko/Lopresti, that could be fun. Or a Vigilante miniseries, which i'll probably continue being ignorant of. Also, I'm all about having Cary Nord draw Deathstroke

I booked a Nico and Singularity commission with Ben Caldwell today :p

That said. I contacted Molina first with the same idea but he was too busy.

This is Harley's second appearance in Scooby books in recent years.

And it will be another two months until Trump is president.

I read the last issue of Bucky Barnes Winter Soldier on MU having dropped it at issue #10. Lots of swirly colors, wonderful colors.

Weird book.

Very weird book. Regardless of it's own quality in a bubble, a very strange book to have put out following the winter soldier movie. I mean, Bru left, yes, but they had that Latour Klein run, a good run with the kind of tone a movie viewer or even just a comic fan who liked the movie could grab and feel like they knew what was going on. That man on the wall, ales kot madness though, with Rudy's super out there visuals. I like that they did something different in general, but that book with that character at that time. And now they have him in a thunderbolts books that's tone and art seems to be aiming for 90s rehash judging by the reviews I've read. Strange. Feels like they have no idea what to do with the character. I'd say give him to Aaron but maybe he doesn't want him. Or even just put him in black widow as the main support character.

We getting Frankenstein in Superman?! Hell yes.

Rafael Albuquerque seems to still be on Batgirl after the first arc.

Also Trinity #1 preview: http://www.avclub.com/article/dcs-biggest-heroes-reunite-trinity-1-exclusive-242809

Hmmmmmmm

Pages are okay. Gorgeous, of course, but I've been burned too many times before by Manapul's writing "chops."

I'd put money on the next couple pages being them walking up to the Kent household for dinner and Diana offering up the boar as a main course, so that's worth the price of admission on the first issue at least. See where it goes from there.

Frankenstein. Hnnng.

Think I'll go in for a good few of those rebirth trades in January. Thinking batman, nightwing, superman, flash, green arrow. See how those treat me.

Messi

Tim Seeley on Blade

Nrama: You mentioned that the DC exclusive contract disallows working for Marvel, but we talked last year about the relaunched Blade series. What all happened there?

Seeley: The short story is I quit. The long story is when Marvel hired me, I had just written ten years of a horror comic starring a female lead so I seemed like a good fit. So we threw around ideas of doing Blade’s daughter and when they announced it, Marvel was in a weird place because they had announced the hip-hop covers and a lot of people saw “here’s another black lead with an all-white creative team” and you know it’s valid and definitely the case. Once the announcement hit, it was just one bad week. I kinda felt that it was completely fair and never something we hadn’t considered, but everybody at Marvel was totally cool about it and wanted to find a way to make it work. After a while, I felt like it was me screwing this up. I couldn’t help but feel like a black woman might write this stuff better than me and saved them from me. In the wake of Black Panther launching so well, maybe Blade is the book they find new talent on.

Books dead.

Sou Da

Tim Seeley on Blade

Books dead.

Somehow /co/ managed to turn this into "CLEARLY IT'S ALL MARVEL'S FAULT, TRYING TO KEEP THE WHITE MAN DOWN"

I really gotta remember that 2016 /co/ sucks for discussing comics. I should buy a SA account.

TheFlow

Banned
Book's too "wordy" for me. Not enjoying this current arc.

Don't hate me, Flow.
I don't blame you. It doesn't follow the tradional superhero archetypes. It reads more like a lengthy book than a 32 page comic issue(not sure how many pagesit really is)

I love it but is not my favorite marvel book

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't blame you. It doesn't follow the tradional superhero archetypes. It reads more like a lengthy book than a 32 page comic issue(not sure how many pagesit really is)

I love it but is not my favorite marvel book

Yeah, it's not even that I dislike "wordy" comics, just the political nature of it all hasn't grabbed me. I'm still reading it, I just hope the next arc is better for me.

That stuff well probably be announced at NYCC next month

Yeah, probably there Marvel/Disney will reveal the name and cover of the Gillen Star Wars book as well along with probably the last new Now! 2.0 book(not counting any Spider or X-Men books which will happen after the events).

Top Bottom