• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

PsychBat!

Banned
I was getting at the fact that this might be what the series needs. A character people might give a shit about. :3

ZwVVl3c.gif

Messi

I've been sleeping on aftershock in general, ut the preview for this looks great. I haven't read anything by Bennett bar a batman annual or so but I may go in on this.

Read Angela and Bombshells also. Bennett is a top tier writer. Animosity is also really good. Her other aftershock book insexts is dope.

Tizoc

She's considered to be a Pretender, actually, since she's a Decepticon. They were in the later G1 toys, they had an outershell that looked vaguely person-esque.

I always remember the WTF reaction I had to Octopunch:

You have just reminded me of one of the final issues of the US Marvel TF comics that Simon Furman wrote-
lWvlKbV.jpg

I think it featured Nightbeat and some pretenders and I really enjoyed it.
Not many Pretenders in the current comic series although the term is brought up.
Headmasters are a different matter though ;P

mreddie

That's BS. Writers don't have to be the same race and gender as the character they are writing. If anything I think that mentality actually hurts more than anything else.

Yeah but this was I believe the start of the White Dudes making books about POC outrage and people were on the Big 2s ass about it.

Sure, some books have a male writer with a female lead but if the guy has the good resume to pull it off, they won't be on a outrage. I saw a article the first time Marvel announced the Hip Hop covers and saw an article basically saying Marvel was appropriating black culture. This was before the Black Panther book was announced.

I dont think that even 50% of these people on OT in Comicthreads are currently reading comics.

Much like the CBR forums. Comic threads are for complaining about comic books you don't even read.

Yeah but this was I believe the start of the White Dudes making books about POC outrage and people were on the Big 2s ass about it.

Sure, some books have a male writer with a female lead but if the guy has the good resume to pull it off, they won't be on a outrage. I saw a article the first time Marvel announced the Hip Hop covers and saw an article basically saying Marvel was appropriating black culture. This was before the Black Panther book was announced.

Nick Spencer's Sam Wilson title has been some good shit. And Bendis' Miles title is pretty solid. That said, I do think diversifying the creators can be a benefit for the company. Like, I don't think Ms. Marvel would have captivated nearly as many people if were written by someone else.

PsychBat!

Banned
"WAHHHH Jen is gonna be grimdark despite the fact it's not grimdark, just a tone going back to the Savage era."

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

"WAHHHH Jen is gonna be grimdark despite the fact it's not grimdark, just a tone going back to the Savage era."

I'm looking forward to a new She-Hulk comic. The scars look sick.

So is she gonna get with Danny Rand? I noticed they were focusing on that thing that happened between them in the last issue of Power Man / Iron Fist

Sandfox

Much like the CBR forums. Comic threads are for complaining about comic books you don't even read.

Nick Spencer's Sam Wilson title has been some good shit. And Bendis' Miles title is pretty solid. That said, I do think diversifying the creators can be a benefit for the company. Like, I don't think Ms. Marvel would have captivated nearly as many people if were written by someone else.
Yeah, but by the logic these advocates are using Willow shouldn't be writing the the character due to race.

Yeah, but by the logic these advocates are using Willow shouldn't be writing the the character due to race.

True enough. I'm not that much of a stickler personally lol.

I think with Willow too is she's actually good writer so that definitely helps. I guess my standpoint is sometimes a writer who shares a similar background to the character can actually enhance the experience.

Owzers

Standoff: How did Marvel know i wanted a less interesting Wayward Pines? I didn't even think it possible...

Only 20 pages in to the first issue though, i presume it stops being terrible.

Standoff: How did Marvel know i wanted a less interesting Wayward Pines? I didn't even think it possible...

Only 20 pages in to the first issue though, i presume it stops being terrible.

The bits I read, I wasn't a fan. Like the only thing walking away from the events was Steve Rogers getting his youth back.

Top Bottom