• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

728060-latonya_charles_cyborgirl1.jpg

802457-cyborgirl02.jpg

Y'all really acting like shit is brand new
But it was a long time coming. Cyborg is legit now.

Think I'll go in for a good few of those rebirth trades in January. Thinking batman, nightwing, superman, flash, green arrow. See how those treat me.

Green Arrow and Nightwing are the Rebirth standouts for me. I find most of it has been safe with the stories drawn out to hell and back, but hopefully it flows better for you in trade format. The only book in that list that I'd reconsider is Flash, since the entire plot advancement of the first trade is literally, "decompressed villain reveal." But several people seem to like it.

DC Rebirth: Where bimonthly publishing let's us tell you the exact same story...in twice as many issues!

Owzers

Green Arrow and Nightwing are the Rebirth standouts for me. I find most of it has been safe with the stories drawn out to hell and back, but hopefully it flows better for you in trade format. The only book in that list that I'd reconsider is Flash, since the entire plot advancement of the first trade is literally, "decompressed villain reveal." But several people seem to like it.

DC Rebirth: Where bimonthly publishing let's us tell you the exact same story...in twice as many issues!

have you tried Superman? That and Green Arrow are the ones on my trade radar from comics-gaf talk. So far i don't like anything.

Ross61

I've definitely comfortable with the pace of the books I'm reading. Makes the buildup to great character moments all the better. But I guess I'm in the minority.

So it seems there are gonna be two Injustice books? One written by Christopher Sebela and the other written by Tom Taylor.

Messi

Just read the first issue of The Immortal Iron Fist. Oh man... This is good stuff. That's not Aja on art right? He is listed on art with Travel Foreman and Derek Fridolfs. It doesn't look like Aja.

have you tried Superman? That and Green Arrow are the ones on my trade radar from comics-gaf talk. So far i don't like anything.

I've read at least 1-2 issues of everything, except Cyborg and Red Hood. Because screw those losers. Superman is among the better titles.

Well when you put it that way it just sounds stupid.

Honest marketing. I wouldn't last long in the hype machine. But the statement stands.

Just read the first issue of The Immortal Iron Fist. Oh man... This is good stuff. That's not Aja on art right? He is listed on art with Travel Foreman and Derek Fridolfs. It doesn't look like Aja.

The Brubaker/Fraction run? GOAT.

frye

yeah it is. the run is (theoretically) structured so the flashbacks are fill-ins while the present stuff is Aja

Messi

I've read at least 1-2 issues of everything, except Cyborg and Red Hood. Because screw those losers. Superman is among the better titles.

Honest marketing. I wouldn't last long in the hype machine. But the statement stands.

The Brubaker/Fraction run? GOAT.

Yup never read it before. Love all the creators involved though. Only exposure to Danny previously is power Man and Iron Fist and that book from a few years called living weapon.

Oh and that adorable Misty Knight and Danny story from Secret Loves.

yeah it is. the run is (theoretically) structured so the flashbacks are fill-ins while the present stuff is Aja

Yeah. This makes much more sense.

Yup never read it before. Love all the creators involved though. Only exposure to Danny previously is power Man and Iron Fist and that book from a few years called living weapon.

If you like the character, definitely check out the Fraction / Brubaker Immortal Iron Fist run. Definitive take on the character.

VanWinkle

I really need to get around to getting this. I've had it on my wishlist forever.

The Living Weapon stuff isn't great. What you're reading now is.

If you like the character, definitely check out the Fraction / Brubaker Immortal Iron Fist run. Definitive take on the character.

He is. That's exactly what we're talking about.

Messi

Errr is that not what I'm reading? Fraction's name is on it.

That recent Iron Fist book was terrible by the way and completely turned me off checking out more of the character until I read Power Man and Iron Fist as Cage is awesome.

mreddie

Errr is that not what I'm reading? Fraction's name is on it.

That recent Iron Fist book was terrible by the way and completely turned me off checking out more of the character until I read Power Man and Iron Fist as Cage is awesome.

And that bad book is having a sequel...yayyy.

He was the other choice. He will be so let down that I didn't pick him out. I wrote his name and deleted it due to the curse words being more of a Narez thing. Forgive me JC.

Here it is:
Kaare: Heeeeeeey, Tommy B! I got another Iron Fist pitch for ya, its grittier and grimmer than the last one haha

Tom Breevort: Stop, just...shut the fuck up for five minutes. I gotta make a call. *dials number, Fraction picks up*

Matt Fraction: For the last time, I'm not coming back to Marvel. One, I'm done all my comics for ya'll. B, you said no to my Inhumanity pitch, and three, well, just-its just no, ok? No means no.

Tom Breevort: As an editor, its my job to tell you you started your list with numbers, then switched to alphabetical with the letter B, then back to numbers with three.

Matt Fraction: Shut up. Don't call me again. *hangs up*

Tom Breevort: Fuck...

Kaare: ...*slowly raises up his giant folder with his very detailed pitch for Iron Fist*

Tom Breevort: *sigh*...lets hear it Andrews

Top Bottom