• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Jesus... This is some 90's Liefeld-looking art...

OOb6gEo.jpg

Cool She Hulk cover homage

Just grabbing stuff. About a month ago, I started posting random titles I thought sounded interesting in this topic and asking if they were worth checking out. That's how I've built my current backlog. Currently, my backlog consists of:

The four I mentioned earlier
Transmetropolitan
The Sixth Gun
Saga
Saga of the Swamp Thing
Hellblazer
Sandman
Lucifer
Locke and Key
Sex Criminals
East of West
The Wicked + The Divine
American Vampire
Black Science
The Woods
Fear Agent
Low
Deadly Class
Scalped
Crimson
Morning Glories
Nailbiter
Hellboy
Invincible
Incorruptible
Irredeemable
iZombie

After going through all that, I figure I'll know what I like and go from there.

Jesus Christ, this looks like my fucking bookshelf.

Team Batman.

Ah. I was kind of hoping it would basically be batwoman and entourage. Isn't
her father the villain in the first arc? I've been keeping away from anything too spoil about it though
. I thought maybe between that and night of the Monster men she was getting to do her batwoman supernatural gotham thing

Hagi

Anybody have an ipad air 2? Looking to upgrade from my Nexus 7. Would like an ipad pro but too rich for my blood.

Babs and Co have been heavily pushing December in the past week. It's absolutely in those solicits.

Brilliant, excited to see it. I need to make a twitter thing, just to follow various writers and artists more easily.

Did we get black cloud by Ivan brandon, latour and hinkle yet either? That was 2016 too.

Owzers

Anybody have an ipad air 2? Looking to upgrade from my Nexus 7. Would like an ipad pro but too rich for my blood.

i dooooo. The side of mine is also still marked with discoloration from when it overheated playing Hearthstone in the sun which i talk about from to time because i want to paint it.

The only big downside that i have with it is the casing vibrates a bit to a lot from the speakers. It doesn't bug me anymore because now my body just wiggles along with it but it did for awhile at first.

Tizoc

Go read Kaijumax you illiterate show offs (this image should not appear too wide, least not on my lappy's screen :V)
VHx3Byi.jpg

Ross61

I'll definitely give you that, Bedlam is definitely the worst thing I've seen him do. Honestly though, I didn't feel it was a very good book all around. It reminds me though, Spencer had all those projects liked up, a book with Butch Guice etc, those never did appear.

In total agreement about Del Rey. I hope and maybe think we'll see more of these kinds of artists utilised at DC in the future though. The DCYou movement thing died but I feel like there has been a big impact in terms of creators in Rebirth, even if the actual properties/genres being used are much safer than Rebirth or the post divergence wave. Rossmo on a bat book for example, or Steve Orlando on a JLA book. Also just the schedule, the need for deeper teams of artists working on 3 issue clicks, hopefully more varied hungrier artists get in there as a result. The old DC house style really has broken down to a large degree.
Yeah, one of the best thing's I've noticed is that great artist gem's that only got some C or D grade work are now on A list titles.

shingi70

Banned
Thinking of taking Rise of Iron Slow, don want to blow all of it on a week or two. Won't be raid ready for a few weeks.

Batman episode #2 was pretty great but man does the game slows down when changing chapters.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The Vision is tremendous.

I want to write up like a quick blurb for people who have seen Age of Ultron & Civil War but read no comics.

-Ultron creates The Vision from the brainwaves of Wonder Man, instead of the Infinity Stone. Wonder Man's brother is the evil Grim Reaper.

-The Vision and the reality-warping Scarlet Witch's relationship intensifies, they eventually marry and she "creates" 2 children for them to raise. It doesn't end well. It's been a long time.

I don't think new readers need to know about Victor Mancha, right?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The Vision is tremendous.

I want to write up like a quick blurb for people who have seen Age of Ultron & Civil War but read no comics.

I don't think new readers need to know about Victor Mancha, right?

They cover it pretty well in the book for the non-Runaway readers.

I'm not sure why those people exist though, Runaways is excellent.

Sandfox

Well it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy is ending really soon with possibly no replacement book so that the ongoings can continue the storyline. I'm conflicted on this.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All New Inhumans #11 has to be the most rushed issue I've ever read.

Can't say I'm to saddened about it's cancellation.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My Image pulls for December as of right now....

Black Science #26
Drifter #15
Deadly Class #25
East of West #30
The Fix #7
Glitterbomb #4
Horizon #6
Lake of Fire #5
Moonshine #3
Motor Crush #1
No Mercy #12
Revival #45
Saga #41
Seven To Eternity #4
Shutter #25
Southern Bastards #16
Surgeon X #4
Violent Love #2
The Walking Dead #161
Wayward #19
The Wicked + The Divine #24

Horizon is the title most in danger of not being on this list come the new December OT.

Top Bottom