• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

TraBuch

Banned
Because I don't know when to stop adding on to my backlog, how are these?

Sheriff of Babylon
Velvet
Lady Killer
Wytches
Harrow County
Tokyo Ghost
Rumble
The Fade Out
Revival
Outcast
Fatale

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Wytches
Tokyo Ghost
Rumble
The Fade Out
Revival
Fatale

I've read these.

I really like Rumble, Revival, and The Fade Out.

Tokyo Ghost was decent.

Didn't care much for Wytches or Fatale.

Owzers

i'm dangerously close to thinking i shouldn't buy any more statues or figures.

Also, I ate a hamburger today with ketchup, mustard, onions, and pickles. I don't know if I liked it, I'm avoiding American cheese because I think eating it would only help Trump, but it was missing something.

Velvet
Rumble
The Fade Out
Fatale

I will personally vouch for these all as being absolutely brilliant books. I like Wytches too, but I would recommend you go for American Vamp from Snyder first, or the even The Wake. Velvelt and Rumble are two of my favourite books right now though, & The Fade Out is probably the best thing Brubaker put out in the last 5 years. Fatale is the lesser of the three but still a cool book.

Haven't read Sheriff Of Babylon yet but that's on my list too, and his other stuff has been great.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I will personally vouch for these all as being absolutely brilliant books. I like Wytches too, but I would recommend you go for American Vamp from Snyder first, or the even The Wake. Velvelt and Rumble are two of my favourite books right now though, & The Fade Out is probably the best thing Brubaker put out in the last 5 years. Fatale is the lesser of the three but still a cool book.

Velvet is one that is on my radar too. Just waiting for a CMX sale.

Velvet is one that is on my radar too. Just waiting for a CMX sale.

It's really great man, off to a better start than Fatale. My only annoyance is how slow the volumes have came, but what is there, I think it'll end up being his best thing since he came to Image, just needs time to actually materialise. Unless Kill Or Be Killed ruins that thought.

Bonus thought for Buch: Put off Velvet, The Fade Out & Fatale, and read Criminal first if you haven't. Every volume is a knockout punch and Image put them all back out in some nifty looking trade dress.

Messi

Sheriff of Babylon
Velvet
Lady Killer
Wytches
Harrow County
Tokyo Ghost
Rumble
The Fade Out
Revival
Outcast
Fatale

Sheriff and Lady Killer are incredible.

Velvet, The Fade Out and Rumble are great reads

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm unsure if a current reader does haha, but I'm only on issue 6. Spoil tag any up coming characters guys if you can I wanna be as fresh as possible when the second trade arrives.

oof, my apologies. it's only a minor point here, but i'll be more mindful in the future.

oof, my apologies. it's only a minor point here, but i'll be more mindful in the future.

Don't worry about it man, it's literally only this book because I'm so into it and literally have no idea what he might pull out of the bag next, I couldn't predicted half of what happened in volume 1, mind melting. Jealous that you've just boosted on ahead haha!

I still really want to check out Lady Killer, I know the trade will be nice as well. Dark Horse don't really do shit trades.

Owzers

Sanity and common sense appears to be taking hold. Next, you'll tell us you've ditched Trump for Clinton.

Dumping Trumping is like giving up on Roman Reigns for John Cena.

I only want three statues right now:

Bruce Timm Wonder Woman art of war
Harley Quinn RWB Holiday statue
Spider-gwen artfx crotch focus

Hagi

i dooooo. The side of mine is also still marked with discoloration from when it overheated playing Hearthstone in the sun which i talk about from to time because i want to paint it.

The only big downside that i have with it is the casing vibrates a bit to a lot from the speakers. It doesn't bug me anymore because now my body just wiggles along with it but it did for awhile at first.

Cool I'm going to wait a few weeks and see what google is bringing out tablet wise but I'm swaying towards the Air 2 right now.

Pretty quiet Wednesday for me I think. Only have Seven To Eternity #1, All-New Wolverine #12, Superman #7 and I need to catch up with Detective Comics. Might pick up Raven as well.

mreddie

So Jeff Loveness is doing Nova? Okay, I just hope it can be better than the Ryan run.

Mockingbird and A-Force are done. What a shock.

I hope giving 2 Gun Guy Solos was worth it.

tim1138

Finally diving into BPRD, I read the first Plague of Frogs omnibus today and am about 100 pages into the second. Guy Davis' art is absolutely incredible.

TheFlow

Banned
I think I am going to have to pick up cyborg tomorrow to see what type of fuckery is at foot.

The raven mini series also looks great, and preludes tt rebirth.

Sandfox

So Jeff Loveness is doing Nova? Okay, I just hope it can be better than the Ryan run.

It's co-written by Loveness and Perez, with Perez also doing the art.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

2 books I really like so of course they were doomed. I'm surprised Spider-Woman made it that far.

Hagi

What's going on with Nova? Is Sam and Rich going to be in the book or just the latter? It's easily the most I've been excited for a Marvel book in a while. Hope it's good.

Sandfox

Has to be digital sales. Also Hellcat is past 13 issues.

I would assume that Spider-Woman is just getting another trade worth of issues for a last chance Marvel Now push.

What's going on with Nova? Is Sam and Rich going to be in the book or just the latter? It's easily the most I've been excited for a Marvel book in a while. Hope it's good.
From my understading it will be both of them, but we'll probably get an interview relatively soon.

Hagi

From my understading it will be both of them, but we'll probably get an interview relatively soon.

Honestly I'm okay with this, Sam has come into his own as a character so it'll be interesting seeing them interact. I hope Rich has all his marbles after the shit he's been through.

He's Co-lead of Superwoman if that helps.

That's cool I only read the Rebirth issue but I'll keep the series in mind.

Hagi

Just bought the entire New 52 Aquaman run. Mistakes were made.

I really enjoyed what I read of Johns run so that's not a mistake at least. From what I hear it's only Parkers stuff that's a a bit shit before Abnett recovers the book or that may be the other way around.

VanWinkle

I really enjoyed what I read of Johns run so that's not a mistake at least. From what I hear it's only Parkers stuff that's a a bit shit before Abnett recovers the book or that may be the other way around.

Noooo, you're thinking of Bunn's stuff. Parker's is great.

Top Bottom