• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Just don't read the Cullen Bunn short run and you're good.

Only a small portion is bad? That's good!

It's great until Parker and John's left

I've heard the first 25 issues are particularly great.

...and those mistakes were?

Buying comics is always a mistake.

I really enjoyed what I read of Johns run so that's not a mistake at least. From what I hear it's only Parkers stuff that's a a bit shit before Abnett recovers the book or that may be the other way around.

I like Abnett.

As long as you only bought the Johns and Parker runs, no mistakes were made at all.

One again, mistakes were made.

VanWinkle

Only a small portion is bad? That's good!

I've heard the first 25 issues are particularly great.

Buying comics is always a mistake.

I like Abnett.

One again, mistakes were made.

lol, only problem was #41-48. Although, I have to admit I never actually read those. But I haven't ever heard anything good about those Bunn issues.

But I mean, #1-40 is good stuff. That's pretty impressive.

Ah just Raven, Nightwing, GA, Superman, and Batman (only for Monster Men)

Actually that's pretty dope. Three of my faves in a single week.

not till next week, Teen Titans starts then as well finally.
Sick! Super excited for both. I know a lot of peeps around here dislike Titans either because it had a slow start or because of Brett Booth's art, but the last issue was exactly what I wanted and I got it and I hope I get more of it

Hagi

Ah just Raven, Nightwing, GA, Superman, and Batman (only for Monster Men)

Actually that's pretty dope. Three of my faves in a single week.

Sick! Super excited for both. I know a lot of peeps around here dislike Titans either because it had a slow start or because of Brett Booth's art, but the last issue was exactly what I wanted and I got it and I hope I get more of it

I've been looking forward to Teen Titans starting since it was announced so I'm pretty hype for that. I'm going to give TItans a go as well but would you say it's better to read Titans Hunt first?

VanWinkle

So, question for you long-time Batman fans. I've been collecting the big trades from the late 90s and early 00s, and I've noticed that all of them have issues from Batman, Detective, Nightwing, Robin, etc. My question is, were these titles constantly crossing over non-stop back then? That seems like it would have been annoying as a budget-minded consumer back then, and just for keeping track of.

kmfdmpig

So, question for you long-time Batman fans. I've been collecting the big trades from the late 90s and early 00s, and I've noticed that all of them have issues from Batman, Detective, Nightwing, Robin, etc. My question is, were these titles constantly crossing over non-stop back then? That seems like it would have been annoying as a budget-minded consumer back then, and just for keeping track of.

They did fairly often. There were some stretches where they didn't, but like the Superman titles during that era it was often hard to read one without the others.

I've been looking forward to Teen Titans starting since it was announced so I'm pretty hype for that. I'm going to give TItans a go as well but would you say it's better to read Titans Hunt first?
I haven't read Titans Hunt yet, but it's most definitely a good lead in. All you need to really know from it is that a bad guy named Mr. Twister was attempting to hunt and kill the OG Titans. Rebirth basically continues that by bringing back Wally, and then Titans directly ties into Rebirth's plot because of Wally.

VeeP

Wow. Just read Teen Titans 24. Fitting end to the New 52 version of that book, and they finished some loose plot strings. Speaking of Tim Drake,
any other books out there that deal have characters dealing with his death like this book?

VanWinkle

Wow. Just read Teen Titans 24. Fitting end to the New 52 version of that book, and they finished some loose plot strings. Speaking of Tim Drake,
any other books out there that deal have characters dealing with his death like this book?

I assume you've read Detective Comics #940, right?

Damn Marvels got me on all fronts this week. No New Avengers though. Upsetting since the last issue was too hype. I NEED IT MARVEL. I NEED IT.

Unless I missed an issue, since the last one I read had
Warlock popping in at the end
Wow, starting off Agents of Shield with a booty shot.
VfrJTs5.gif

Ross61

I assume you've read Detective Comics #940, right?

The fallout of
Tim's "death"
is likely going to be explored in upcoming Detective Comics, Batman, and probably some in Raven.

Owzers

Standoff second issue, i like some of Maria Hill's dialog but she still seems like Female Shield Agent to me and not an actual character, i miss Secret Avengers by Kot which did a better job with her.

Let's all watch the Lethal Weapon tv show tomorrow.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tomorrow is the best day of the year. It's comic book day and Survivor premiere day!

It was almost my birthday too but that came up one day short.

Ross61

I wonder when we'll find out who that
guy in the ball-cap with black eyes that Orphan freed
in Detective Comics #940.

Messi

Wait, this is a thing happening in the actual book? Legit thought that cover posted yesterday was fan art

At the very least that cover was real.

#6 solicit text

“SHE-BORG!” With a fearsome high-tech terror cell threatening to invade the country, Cyborg participates in the creation of an experimental cybernetic female counterpart-code name She-Borg-whose abilities might exceed his own! But when the process ravages her memories, Cyborg must retrieve crucial national security secrets from her mind before it’s too late.

So many lols. Imma just highlight all of it.

Top Bottom