• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Ross61

svu3f.jpg
Congrats to them.

Owzers

I'm missing out on Civil War 2, it would complete the trio of excellence alongside voting for Trump and rooting for Roman Reigns.

Writing for MTV and The Walking Dead ain't a success to me.

Beside the point. I mean that these people already somehow found jobs as writers. So why bother with them instead of giving a helping hand to people with potential who have yet to be established in the craft?

What definitely doesn't help either is that as far as "Big Events" goes, this just really comes off as Cynical Cash Grab. Like, I'm interested in the titles that are spinning out of the event like Occupy Avengers, Champions, and the new She Hulk book. But the event itself it feels like even the creators don't even really give a shit about it.

It had an abbreviated development time to come out on the back of the Civil War movie, right?

Owzers

Hey Sillymonkers, we going to kill some Hanzos tonight?

They'd be stupid not to use that to sell books.

ugh qp. i play you for practice but you always betray me with annoying stacks. Probably playing tonight, especially if my one irl friend is on around 7pm est.

ugh qp. i play you for practice but you always betray me with annoying stacks. Probably playing tonight, especially if my one irl friend is on around 7pm est.

Pffft. Competitive is worse lately. I had idiots on my team quitting every few minutes the other day, and we could have won that pretty easily if we weren't down two people at one point.

Ross61

Beside the point. I mean that these people already somehow found jobs as writers. So why bother with them instead of giving a helping hand to people with potential who have yet to be established in the craft?
This program was moreso for people who were already in the writing game as you had to one of the requirements was that you had a published work( even self published).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Resident Evil 4 is much more fun then I remember. It was always in a odd situation because I hated it because it was the beginning of the end, but actually I like it very much this time.

Where did all this hate come from? I was still enjoying it at the end of the last issue. I think I'll have to read this in a few minutes.
Its a Marvel event, its shit months before an actuall issue is out

Brian Buccellato talked to Newsrama about the end of his Injustice run.

The big thing about this is they're going to be adapting the first game's story to fill the gap between runs. Only it's going to be from Harley Quinn's point of view. Follow the money, I guess.

The sad thing is, we probably won't get the best parts of the game's story because of this
Green Arrow in the Batcave "....YELLOW?", and the good world's Superman showing up, being a badass and saving the day.

Messi

Last time Snyder taught people we got Margurite Bennett. I agree with you.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Pick ups:

Seven to Eternity
Batman #7
Black Hammer #3
Civil War Xmen #4 (Last one, might as well collect the set)
Horizon #3

And I accidentally left Nightwing #5 on the shelf, and purposely passed on Civil War II #5.

Messi

I would read Marguerite Bennett's fanfics all day.

You know they exist. They have to exist.

--

How did we never talk about this? Holy shit. I know its from a while ago but I am stunned.

What should have been a banner week for DC Comics with the start of Scott Snyder's writer development program, which sees Snyder training DC's next generation of superstar writers in an academic environment, was marred by the reported behavior of one of the attendees. The new semester of the program, which previously produced writers Marguerite Bennett and James Tynion IV Esq., began on Wednesday night, with several students expressing enthusiasm on Twitter. However, if DC is not able to reign in one troublemaker, the integrity of the entire classroom may reportedly be in jeopardy.

According to reports from school administrators and fellow students, We Can Never Go Home writer Matthew Rosenberg was disruptive and disrespectful of authority, setting the tone for what is sure to be a difficult next few weeks. Rosenberg reportedly appeared Wednesday night dressed exactly like Judd Nelson in the Breakfast Club movie, complete with fingerless gloves, immediately took up residence at a desk in the back of the classroom, and refused to take off his headphones, loudly drumming on his desk and ignoring the repeated instructions of Snyder to pay attention to the subject matter. Rosenberg's behavior has reportedly been distracting to fellow students and undermined the integrity of DC's program.

"Every time Mr. Snyder turned his back to write on the chalkboard, Matthew would make faces at him, causing some of the other students to laugh," explained Michael Moreci, a student in the program. "He's been throwing paper airplanes, shooting spitballs, and even passing notes to other students."

The Outhouse has obtained one of Rosenberg's notes, which appears to be an unflattering drawing of Snyder.

175B1545521450DE68A3D28996D28F11C594CF1032B914C28Bpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

More at the link...
http://www.theouthousers.com/index....ss-marred-by-disruptive-student-behavior.html

This has to be fiction right? How does this even happen? I wouldn't be able to stop myself ejecting him.

Wonder Woman, #6
[5/5]: The origin story just has a different feel then most other books I'm reading including the alternate story the book has every other week. It's charming, has good pacing and great art to boot. I would honestly love a complete reboot on WW in this sort of style instead of just an origin story.

Couldn't agree more. I love everything about the Year 1 side of the story. I wish it was that every week.

Didn't the Outhousers used to be a parody website, like The Onion for comics? Didn't they even have a webcomic at one point (I remember their Robert Kirkman character would just barge into random strips and shout "KIRKMAN!!!!!")?

Ross61

Didn't the Outhousers used to be a parody website, like The Onion for comics? Didn't they even have a webcomic at one point (I remember their Robert Kirkman character would just barge into random strips and shout "KIRKMAN!!!!!")?

I think they still do joke news. There was an article not long ago about an upcoming Hickman GN consisting only of those weird symbols he does.

shingi70

Banned
Saw those Civil War II pages and man that's some well drawn garbage.

So Gwenpool confrimed miles doesn't remember the ultimate universe.

Top Bottom