• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Sou Da

ANAD started off great, and CW2 was pervasive enough to affect many titles, so no, I don't think it's silly. I will probably pick those titles I loved back up after CW2 ends.

I don't get the big deal. Should I call someone silly every time I hear them trashing Valiant when they've never read a single issue from the publisher?

Does buying XO Manowar in Heavy Metal count?

I read Quantum and Woody, get off me.

TheFlow

Banned
World of wakanda at 5 bucks is a risky move.

mosaic for 5 bucks is not too bad. Especially if they play it off the Cap thing

Owzers

Every name that you've ever had sucks.

I thought ValiantReadersRCOOL was a pretty good name :(

I've hit a comic low, trying to read Agents of Shield #3 because it's a standoff book. I escaped the show after a few episodes, don't try to make me do this Marvel, no one deserves this :(

PsychBat!

Banned
Does buying XO Manowar in Heavy Metal count?

I read Quantum and Woody, get off me.

tumblr_meol7nuTSQ1r8s9oho1_250.gif

Seven to Eternity was..... something. Not sure I like it. It's not top-tier Remender.

Keep in mind, it will very likely get worse and more aimless over time. Remender usually kicks off his series with a bang.

Also, watched Civil War finally. It was a comic book movie with lots of explosions. And action. Some dialogue. Miniscule amount of humor. I liked Spider-Man and Black Panther. And Ant-Man, but I always like Ant-Man. $5.99 rental from Amazon for 2+ hours, which presents a decent value-to-time ratio compared to bimonthly Rebirth comics. 6/10.

Messi

I kinda hope she does. She deserves better than a retreaded Wonder Woman origin story.

So you're responsible for that. I've been wondering how that book is still going. What's it like?

Its not good.

I assumed after year one they would go in a different direction and left her do more than just origin stuff.

I thought she only signed on for 6 issues of WW.

Oh I hadn't heard that. I hoped she would be there for the full year one arc.

VanWinkle

Trinity #1 was very nice. Writing isn't GREAT, but it felt like Manapul doing the absolute best he could. It's honestly pretty good. Art was magnificent and I really enjoyed the tone of the story. Definitely in for more of it.

shingi70

Banned
I'm a DC Comics Mark, but Valiant is secretly the best shared universe right now. Kinda feel bad for reading them on Unlimited, web series looks pretty rad.

Keep in mind, it will very likely get worse and more aimless over time. Remender usually kicks off his series with a bang.

Yeah, I think he just went in a little too deep with the fantasy creatures. Doesn't feel like they really fit in with that world.

I really enjoyed Raven #1, though. Fun book. Glad they ditched the New 52 costume.

Remender has 3 books going strong. I don't wanna hear this slandering. One day he gonna get that Eisner and I'm gonna cry like a motherfucker.

Messi

Chip Zdarsky said in reply to someone on Twitter that there is no definite ship date for the next Sex Criminals but that it's likely next February. What a letdown. All the hype and momentum this book had has been killed by delays and miniscule communication about what's going on. I still predict they will drop the book soon and move on.

VanWinkle

Chip Zdarsky said in reply to someone on Twitter that there is no definite ship date for the next Sex Criminals but that it's likely next February. What a letdown. All the hype and momentum this book had has been killed by delays and miniscule communication about what's going on. I still predict they will drop the book soon and move on.

Man, it's crazy how common this kind of stuff is with Image comics. I'm glad I'm not into very many of them.

mreddie

Rule 1: Never get attached to any Image Books because they will just stop one month and that one month becomes 4 months.

Messi

Messi how are you reading Zombie Tramp but refuse to read Insexts?

Wait what? I was day 1 on insexts. That book is awesome. I even bought the trade. If it's Marguerite Bennett I buy it sight unseen. She is one of my few slam dunk writers. She can do no wrong imo.

I'd guess I'm her biggest fan here. She's probably only second to Sejic for me.

Sejic may be Top Cow exclusive, but he's Image at heart. :3

Aren't they co publishers? Every Sunstone has image on it and new releases are listed under image on Comixology. Sejic can do books for image in his deal. I'm pretty sure Top Cow is a independently run part of Image.

ElNarez

Banned
Williamson does it in Flash too but a) he plays with it in an interesting way and b) Flash isn't 90% first-person narrative captions.

Goddamn Humphries you're bad a this.

VanWinkle

"My name is Jessica Cruz..."
"My name is Simon Baz and I'm a Green-"

WE GET IT ALREADY!

That is so ridiculous. I don't read the book, but I always look at the preview on CMX every time a new issue comes out and just pray it doesn't do that intro. "My name is Jessica Cruz, and I have anxiety." Don't tell us EVERY SINGLE ISSUE.

Messi

Sam Humphries. The man responsible for doing this to Kitty Pryde

afilac01-03.png

He also had her ride a space bullet through a space prison phasing it until she could grab star lord without stopping. It's stupid as hell but I can't find a picture of it.

Sandfox

DC needs to add recaps/introductions to the credit page.

Sam Humphries. The man responsible for doing this to Kitty Pryde

afilac01-03.png

He also had her ride a space bullet through a space prison phasing it until she could grab star lord without stopping. It's stupid as hell but I can't find a picture of it.
Humphires was the one who was behind that relationship and every book he wrote pushed it hard lol.

Messi

Rucka posted on Twitter that Nicola Scott was indeed only ever signed to do 6 issues of Wonder Woman year one :(. Liam Sharp is staying on the current day stuff tho.

I just realized I hate Ulysses way more than I hate Carol. I hope he gets killed off.
I'm calling it right now that he is either a) Mephisto in disguise, or b) a conduit for a higher power. We still don't know where that fucking Celestial came from, and I refuse to believe Bendis won't address that in the future issues.
"Well, it's got the X-Men brand on it, we can't sell it in a SHOP! Otherwise everyone will rebel and the MCU will fall apart!"

So sad.
Looks like I'm paying $30 to get it after NYCC is over.
Marvel cancels Mockingbird

YOU JERKS

Also Nadia shirt came.
So jealous.
Sadly Welovefine is the only place I can get any Wasp shirts for men.
I'll look into them. Hopefully they make em big
What if I told you that Bendis has a secret weapon that he has that can fix things with and that no one has used it since Bendis last used it?

We know she isn't dead. She appeared in the first issue of Dr Strange (in the background)

Eva is going to fix this.
I wouldn't be surprised. Plus she's supposedly going to have a big role in the upcoming DoX/IvX stuff.
Are we going to act like CW2 didn't kill a lot of good will?
Didn't for me. If I'm not enjoying it, I'm still enjoying the books I've been pulling. Regardless of whether or not the event touches it.

Genuinely enjoyed that game a lot and played it a lot.
Jesus Professor, what the fuck

x-men-uncanny-classic-vanisher-done.jpg
He was never good people.
Poor bastard didn't see it coming.
Who did?

WE GET IT ALREADY!
He's still doing that shit? Until he's off of that book, I forever refuse to believe that book is good. Those characters have so much potential and he is squandering the shit out of it.

Malyse

WE GET IT ALREADY!
Are we talking about Justice League? Cause this sounds like Justice League.

------

So, Superman is even more confusing than I thought? Superman isn't even the proper Superman for his world; that Superman died and he just decided "Fuck it, I'm Superman here now". And Batman is all #NotMySuperman in JL and Trinity. But then, if Superman died and left his world without a Superman, thus leading to Luthorman, Supergirl, New Superman, and Superwoman to fill in the gap of a missing Superman, who the fuck is Superman filling in for? What the fuck is happening? Who fucking approved this? Bring me their hands.

Top Bottom