• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Aceun

This event ends one way. Ulysses dies.

It doesn't take a Ulysses to see that future.

(And if he doesn't, then be ready for some wack jump off)

Messi

This event ends one way. Ulysses dies.

It doesn't take a Ulysses to see that future.

(And if he doesn't, then be ready for some wack jump off)

What if I told you that Bendis has a secret weapon that he has that can fix things with and that no one has used it since Bendis last used it?

l8UJ94l.png

We know she isn't dead. She appeared in the first issue of Dr Strange (in the background)

Eva is going to fix this.

Sandfox

Thats fair enough, but I see what they are doing. We are getting another $10 Deadpool issue next month and events are getting more expensive. I don't think Champions should be $5. I feel the price creep.
Marvel knew there would be a lot of orders for Champions so they made it a $5 issue with extra pages. Deadpool is basically the book where Marvel tests a bunch of things out.

Messi

Marvel knew there would be a lot of orders for Champions so they made it a $5 issue with extra pages. Deadpool is basically the book where Marvel tests a bunch of things out.

Whats worse is that the Deadpool book is actually good and these $10 issues disturb the flow and none of them have been any good.

Sandfox

Whats worse is that the Deadpool book is actually good and these $10 issues disturb the flow and none of them have been any good.
The last $10 issue actually seems to have done decently well due to the crossover thing. I expect this one do worse though lol. I just skip the Deadpool issues like.

Messi

The last $10 issue actually seems to have done decently well due to the crossover thing. I expect this one do worse though lol. I just skip the Deadpool issues like.

I bought it and it was so eh. Such a letdown and then you feel ripped off knowing you could have bought an image trade for the same amount.

Are we going to act like CW2 didn't kill a lot of good will?

Didn't kill any goodwill from me. I am enjoying it and continue to enjoy the other books in the line. I don't mind the issue or two of tie ins as it hasnt been handled all that badly imo. Still some great stories to read.

If its destroyed goodwill for others I understand. But not me.

I couldn't be less happy with the way things are going in CWII but there are still plenty of books I love. There are plenty of quality Marvel books on the shelf right now that aren't even doing tie-ins.

I'm still catching my breath from this week's Vision.

Messi

You know what I expect every #1 from marvel to be 5 bucks because they did it with Panther.

These come out in 2 weeks. NOW branded and only one of them is $5. The rest $4. So they aren't doing it.

NOW CAGE #1 $3.99
NOW CHAMPIONS #1 $4.99
NOW DEADPOOL AND MERCS FOR MONEY #4 $3.99
NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #12 $3.99
NOW JESSICA JONES #1 $3.99

I think they handled Panther differently as they had gotten a big name in Coates and the movie was hot news at that moment and they knew they would have lots of eyes on the book so they charged $5.

TheFlow

Banned
These come out in 2 weeks. NOW branded and only one of them is $5. The rest $4. So they aren't doing it.

NOW CAGE #1 $3.99
NOW CHAMPIONS #1 $4.99
NOW DEADPOOL AND MERCS FOR MONEY #4 $3.99
NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #12 $3.99
NOW JESSICA JONES #1 $3.99
Wait hold up wtf? You telling me marvel 2.0 starts next week? I am so lost. I thought I had more time

But listen let it be known I will pick up every #1 from this relaunch except the dead pool related goons.

In a world where All Star Batman is a Rebirth title selling for $4.99, I'm not surprised to see Champions feature "extra" pages and cost more.

I'll also not be reading it until it pops up on MU in six months, but there you go. Marvel gives me options.

Sandfox

You know what I expect every #1 from marvel to be 5 bucks because they did it with Panther.

It's only for certain books "flagship" books. All of the ongoings starting in December for example, are $4.

Wait hold up wtf? You telling me marvel 2.0 starts next week? I am so lost. I thought I had more time

But listen let it be known I will pick up every #1 from this relaunch except the dead pool related goons.
It starts in two weeks.

In a world where All Star Batman is a Rebirth title selling for $4.99, I'm not surprised to see Champions feature "extra" pages and cost more.

I'll also not be reading it until it pops up on MU in six months, but there you go. Marvel gives me options.
Yeah, I wish there was a DC Unlimited. Even Valiant has subscription options and they are much smaller.

Sou Da

I mean if you're interested in the general vibe of what comic book forums are like, yeah.

Thing is 99% of those suck. Caring about companies as a whole is stupid unless you're afraid McFarlane is going to somehow siphon a ton of money to use to make a big budget Spawn movie and drag down Image.

Messi

PRESTIGE FORMAT....or so they told me.

TheFlow

Banned
It's only for certain books "flagship" books. All of the ongoings starting in December for example, are $4.

It starts in two weeks.

Yeah, I wish there was a DC Unlimited. Even Valiant has subscription options and they are much smaller.
Ok thank you. I really need to catch up on Thor, doctor strange, and ultimates.

I am most likely dropping moon knight. Will pick up Sam Wilson to replace it

Owzers

M8...4 trades of Deadly Class and 3 of Low are out. U readin bad comics instead?

Ashamed of u RN.

I don't have time for Image books, i have Marvel Unlimited reading to do.

Also, i contributed to Mockingbird being canceled and probably Trump being president soooooooooooooo... Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

Didn't kill any goodwill from me. I am enjoying it and continue to enjoy the other books in the line. I don't mind the issue or two of tie ins as it hasnt been handled all that badly imo. Still some great stories to read.

If its destroyed goodwill for others I understand. But not me.

I couldn't be less happy with the way things are going in CWII but there are still plenty of books I love. There are plenty of quality Marvel books on the shelf right now that aren't even doing tie-ins.

I'm still catching my breath from this week's Vision.

ok, gentlemen, it really was a joke. But truth is, I am extremely butthurt because CW2 affected almost all of my favorite books, and I was pulling a fair amount of books before it started. Vision is the only one that I'm still reading at this point. I did not enjoy the way tie-ins were handled, or how the event was handled.

Anyway, I was just having a giggle. I wasn't trying to start anything here. I apologize.

Sandfox

ok, gentlemen, it really was a joke. But truth is, I am extremely butthurt because CW2 affected almost all of my favorite books, and I was pulling a fair amount of books before it started. Vision is the only one that I'm still reading at this point. I did not enjoy the way tie-ins were handled, or how the event was handled.

Anyway, I was just having a giggle. I wasn't trying to start anything here. I apologize.

I'm actually the opposite with the tie-ins lol, but I understand why people may not like it.

uhhh what?

As a comic book AND professional wrestling fan, I'm real good about powering through general shittyness.

And as a comic book AND professional wrestling fan in 2016, I have plenty of alternative options that I didn't have just a few years ago.

Silly post. Just silly.

Messi

I was just answering you m8.

I don't mind it touching some books as its not that involved and is usually a mention or two of the conflict or a character has to go fight and thats it. Its over in 1 or 2 issues. I wish it didn't happen but it wont stop me picking up stuff like Spider-Woman or Spider-Man or Power Man and Iron Fist.

Boogiepop

Huh. So I watched the never-officially-released Fantastic Four movie from 1994 with some friends and... well, of course it was bad, but scary enough... I think it still may have managed to be the best of the Fantastic Four movies ever made, just because the bar set by the rest is so very low. It's also... kind of oddly much more accurate to the comics in a lot of ways, it felt like, outside of making what was obviously the Mole Man into "the Jeweler". Like, it starts with Doom and Richards in college, and even has that creepy age difference with Sue that is a thing in the comics, IIRC.

PsychBat!

Banned
I mean if you're interested in the general vibe of what comic book forums are like, yeah.

Thing is 99% of those suck. Caring about companies as a whole is stupid unless you're afraid McFarlane is going to somehow siphon a ton of money to use to make a big budget Spawn movie and drag down Image.

54329-sonic-heroes-gamecube-front-cover.png

TheFlow

Banned
I think civil war 2 is the dumbest thing to get approved at marvel HQ but the way it has actually improved the plot of power man and iron fist is a blessing.

Sandfox

The interesting thing is that Monsters Unleashed won't be tying into any ongoings and will instead be doing what ASM and X-Men are doing now with CW2 and seem to be just as optional.

I think civil war 2 is the dumbest thing to get approved at marvel HQ but the way it has actually improved the plot of power man and iron fist is a blessing.
The Sam Wilson tie-ins are good too.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by CW2 up until today's issue. The first four issues were solid. #5 was just gobbeldygoook.

TheFlow

Banned
The interesting thing is that Monsters Unleashed won't be tying into any ongoings and will instead be doing what ASM and X-Men are doing now with CW2 and seem to be just as optional.

The Sam Wilson tie-ins are good too.
I believe you. People of color seem to be handled wth care over at marvel.

uhhh what?

As a comic book AND professional wrestling fan, I'm real good about powering through general shittyness.

And as a comic book AND professional wrestling fan in 2016, I have plenty of alternative options that I didn't have just a few years ago.

Silly post. Just silly.

ANAD started off great, and CW2 was pervasive enough to affect many titles, so no, I don't think it's silly. I will probably pick those titles I loved back up after CW2 ends.

I don't get the big deal. Should I call someone silly every time I hear them trashing Valiant when they've never read a single issue from the publisher?

Top Bottom