• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Yet another Champions #1 variant.

Champions-1-Christopher-Variant.jpg

Everybody still in love with that negative space.

Hagi

That sort of makes sense if you think that Trinity also takes place before everything else. I'm more inclined to think it's current with everything else and the family is feeling out everyone since they're from a different universe. They repeat that every issue.

The only other Rebirth book I'm current with is Detective Comics so it's not really something I dwell on. I've enjoyed how they've introduced the League. The end to #7 was really sweet, there aren't enough Superhero families. I hope Renew Your Vows is just as good.

Glad to hear Raven is good. She deserves a good miniseries.

Great art, interesting story and weird but fun character. The Raven book we deserve.

Owzers

Am I emailing dcbs to see if I can add seven to eternity to my order? I wish there were some way you could easily just buy and read a comic when you want to.

tim1138

The only other Rebirth book I'm current with is Detective Comics so it's not really something I dwell on. I've enjoyed how they've introduced the League. The end to #7 was really sweet, there aren't enough Superhero families. I hope Renew Your Vows is just as good.

Great art, interesting story and weird but fun character
. The Raven book we deserve.

I agree with all of these statements. I picked this up on a whim and was pleasantly surprised.

Messi

Am I emailing dcbs to see if I can add seven to eternity to my order? I wish there were some way you could easily just buy and read a comic when you want to.

You gonna tell us why it wasn't already in the order? This book was always gonna be fire.

Owzers

You gonna tell us why it wasn't already in the order? This book was always gonna be fire.

i think a combo of trade-waiting/debating cmx digital sales ( which is what Black Monday Murders is getting)/and Tokyo Ghost Remender not working for me.

So far i have the first three trades of Deadly Class unread outside of the first issue and the the first two Low trades unread. Yet i'm caught up on Black Science and read Tokyo Ghost vol 1. I think i'm in the wrong Remender half. I need to spend less time painting things and playing Overwatch and read some of these comics, though i have read several MU issues lately.

I'm going to pull The Frontier by Hickman as my next monthly addition. Reborn is getting traded/cmx saled.

Hagi

I don't have much to say about the new issue of Civil War except that it was poop. This event is just going round in circles and feels largely dumb.

mreddie

I admire your dedication. I am going to pick up that new wasp book when it drops

Last Christmas I got the Wasp motif shirt.

As well as a Ms Marvel Bolt shirt that already has 2 lil holes.

I don't have much to say about the new issue of Civil War except that it was poop. This event is just going round in circles and feels largely dumb.

What's sad is that the issue showed me Bendis is up to his old tricks again. Same bullshit happened in AvX.

I really dug Seven to Eternity BUT I've got that familiar Remender feeling coming over me. You know the one. He launches a hot fire new series and you get to watch him slowly lose interest as the sales decline. Delays. Uneven output. Drastic shifts in direction that don't feel particularly well planned.

The story putters out. Everything dies in the end.

How has Marvel not put up an algorithm you can play with or even a Twitter account for Ulysses that makes random "shocking" predictions about random characters. I know they have one.

I really dug Seven to Eternity BUT I've got that familiar Remender feeling coming over me. You know the one. He launches a hot fire new series and you get to watch him slowly lose interest as the sales decline. Delays. Uneven output. Drastic shifts in direction that don't feel particularly well planned.

The story putters out. Everything dies in the end.
Remender does hiatus but he never does delays.

Messi

i think a combo of trade-waiting/debating cmx digital sales ( which is what Black Monday Murders is getting)/and Tokyo Ghost Remender not working for me.

So far i have the first three trades of Deadly Class unread outside of the first issue and the the first two Low trades unread. Yet i'm caught up on Black Science and read Tokyo Ghost vol 1. I think i'm in the wrong Remender half. I need to spend less time painting things and playing Overwatch and read some of these comics, though i have read several MU issues lately.

I'm going to pull The Frontier by Hickman as my next monthly addition. Reborn is getting traded/cmx saled.

M8...4 trades of Deadly Class and 3 of Low are out. U readin bad comics instead?

Honestly, I totally forgot it was a thing and only wondered why it was I bought it after I completed my CMX order.

Ashamed of u RN.

mreddie

I have to keep my comic book shirts limited. I had too many at one point. I never let myself get above 5

14 Comic Shirts
3 Star Wars shirts
3 Eagles shirts
2 Eagles Jerseys
1 Coyotes Jerseys
And a lot of graphic shirts

Let's say everyday, I'm plastered like a NASCAR car.

Holy fucking wow that's my favorite issue of The Vision. Holy fuck.

I can't believe it's almost over. ; ; Seems like only yesterday they were just getting settled into the neighborhood.

Ponn

Banned
How has Marvel not put up an algorithm you can play with or even a Twitter account for Ulysses that makes random "shocking" predictions about random characters. I know they have one.

Cap secretly twirls every Avengers toothbrush in the toilet at night while whispering "Hail Hydra"

Messi

Did we know that Champions #1 is $4.99? The fuck outta here with that shit marvel. Also they are shipping like 25 books next week. The fuck.

Also the week after next they are releasing a Hawkeye Vol 3 hardcover that collects the dreadful series the followed Fraction/Wu/Aja's defining run. Just incase you wanted to contrast a shitty book vs an incredible one.

Messi

Ulysses is going to lose the use of his legs, shave his head bald, and replace Medusa.

Yeah, the book is 48 pages.

Thats fair enough, but I see what they are doing. We are getting another $10 Deadpool issue next month and events are getting more expensive. I don't think Champions should be $5. I feel the price creep.

Top Bottom