• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hmm. Made the wall of shame, only been back for two weeks. Does this mean I have tiger blood or nae?

So bored waiting for these books already. I need new stuff to read. Lore, did you active the omega thread yet?

Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny

the latest valiant stuff in the past few weeks has been a whole other level.

generation zero #1 i ain't even finished and it's already one of my books of the year.

read it nao

God damn, I forgot about that all ready. D whay was the thing I could sign up to again man? For the free reads

Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny Manifest Destiny

This is the lewis and clark book right? I actually don't think I know anything about Chris Dingess, what kind of writer is he?

My ugly ugly destiny man is 306 tears of light. I got some nice looking armor things in the iron banner, first time I ever did that the other week

Hagi

All this Destiny talk, I'm tempted to buy it again for Rise of Iron (for the third time?) but I know I'd drop off it again. Wish I could get into multiplayer games like I used to. Tried the Battlefield beta earlier but didn't really care for it.

All this Destiny talk, I'm tempted to buy it again for Rise of Iron (for the third time?) but I know I'd drop off it again. Wish I could get into multiplayer games like I used to. Tried the Battlefield beta earlier but didn't really care for it.

You have to stop being a gamer.

I basically am resolved to play only Destiny and Hearthstone for the rest of my life. Nothing else sticks anymore.

ElNarez

Banned
You have a dedication not known by mere mortals.

I'm only like 306 but I just don't do enough of the high end stuff to get the real goodies.

I haven't run a single raid, I got there through april update, a couple of Iron Banner runs and exotic farming. I don't think there's gonna be as easy a path to get to 335 solo until RoI, but hey, maybe if you work hard it will pay off (it won't, this is Destiny, there is no reward, there is just the grindstone whittling us all down)

The raids were definitely the best part of Destiny but I have no desire to go back to it. Maybe the sequel will reignite my interest.

That's where I'm at on it. I went in expecting to like the MPbecause it's Bungie and I ended up hating it and loving the raids. Wasn't wnough to keep me around though.

smisk

Are there seriously almost three weeks still until Civil War II #5? Unlike a lot of y'all I've been enjoying it but I don't know if I'm gonna care by then. I guess it takes time to make the art look that good.

Owzers

I basically am resolved to play only Destiny and Hearthstone for the rest of my life. Nothing else sticks anymore.

i'm having a hard time staying interested in Hearthstone. It feels slow now that i play so much Overwatch, lacks costumes, matches are too often "if you have a bad match up you lose", and Arena is still not balanced very well with card introductions/people just pick the same classes.

ElNarez

Banned
One thing I'll say: the april update changing the infusion mechanic makes the ride to 335 easier than ever. Find a gun with perks you like, then slap a big number on it, and boom, 334 1000-Yard Stare with Triple Tap, Casket Mag and Firefly.

You guys should be playing Vainglory on your phones with me...

Playing with your vainglory on your phone. Is this some next level tindr stuff? Swipe down. Then up. Then down. And then up

All the game talk. Thought, hmm. I'll update my profile, add my gamer tag things. Got to the Wii U part......how do you even know what your wii u name thing is? I literally have no idea. When I play splatoon or mario kart my name appears as buttster, I think my kid did something to my profile. I don't even know. I don't think thats what I would have signed up as though.

Hagi

I don't think I am these days, I barely finish anything.

Hearthstone sounds fun though I got into Yugioh pretty hard for a few years at college so an online fantasy card game could be cool. Helps that it's free.

VanWinkle

I love love LOVE Omega Men's art style and panel design and composition and EVERYTHING.

F7uemLv.jpg

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
All this Destiny talk, I'm tempted to buy it again for Rise of Iron (for the third time?) but I know I'd drop off it again.

I'm thinking of getting back into to it, too. Quit after the first raid and before the expansions came out. Wondering if I will be too far behind if I grab RoI. Maybe I'll wait for Destiny 2.

And I KNEW I shouldn't have slept on Generation Zero. Fuck...

That Omega Men art looks sweet.
I'll definitely check it out eventually.

I just finished the third TMNT IDW HC collection. Still very good imo. The art is mostly great, with some creative panel layouts and spelling out "crash" with broken glass shards, that kind of thing. I dig it. The characters are all handled really well also, I think. Excited for the fourth!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Complied Sept's budget: spent $250 on comics/comics studies books last month.

Luckily, there were fuck all videogames that came out: spend $0 on videogames.

I'm buying Omega Men ASAP.

I'm thinking of getting back into to it, too. Quit after the first raid and before the expansions came out. Wondering if I will be too far behind if I grab RoI. Maybe I'll wait for Destiny 2.

RoI will let you boost one character to the light level you need to play it.

i'm having a hard time staying interested in Hearthstone. It feels slow now that i play so much Overwatch, lacks costumes, matches are too often "if you have a bad match up you lose", and Arena is still not balanced very well with card introductions/people just pick the same classes.

I'm actually really enjoying the game right now. It helps that Token Druid, which is always something I wanted to work as its' relatively similar to how humans or elves work in MTG (Green/White is my favourite type of deck to play there), is a tier 1 deck right now. My current version is 13-0 the last few days. Had to craft Onyxia but totally worth it.

I'm kinda sick of Yogg-Saron though. Either it does nothing, or I've played 25 spells so it'll likely kill me or mill me to death if I play it. And it always kills itself. Raven Idol is the MVP of the deck, I've pulled lethal from nowhere so many times.

Probably just going to stream some Overwatch this weekend. I got a few games I want to dig into, and the the Humble Monthly is today so I'm hoping for something good from that.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
RoI will let you boost one character to the light level you need to play it.

Yeah, but how behind in good gear, armor, etc. will I be? And has Bungie said whether or not characters transfer to D2?

I'm using restraint with marvel sales.

Just filling in (classic) Claremont and Remender back issues

Yup, my new word when it comes to The House of Ideas, too.

And Birdie, you create comics too, right? Any chance you would let me pick your brain through PM regarding panel layouts, etc. -- comics studies stuff?

Yeah, but how behind in good gear, armor, etc. will I be? And has Bungie said whether or not characters transfer to D2?

Yup, my new word when it comes to The House of Ideas, too.

And Birdie, you create comics too, right? Any chance you would let me pick your brain through PM regarding panel layouts, etc. -- comics studies stuff?

1) They have not. As far as being behind, everyone's going to be after the new hotness anyway. There might be some old weapons that still rule and can be infused to match new stuff, but you'd still be able to get it (and you'd have the joy of more things to hunt for, loot-wise.

2) I did used to draw comics, yeah! Feel free to get in touch (and watch Strip Panel Naked on YouTube that's some insighful shit.)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what do you guys think RE: new avatar

with text or without?

8Y5gchK.png

I loved that game for a while. Glaive was my boy until Celeste came out. They still adding characters all the time?

Also the BOGO got it's hooks in me again. Tata, paycheck. I hardly knew you.

They're still adding characters, skins, new Battle Royale Mode... now the game has great quest systems too that keep me coming back.

If you're ever interested in jumping back in, add me: jonbones - it seems to be the best it's ever been.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

It's not that hard to catch up to a respectable level. Since the Taken King update you could start a brand new character and pass your original character up pretty quickly.

Hagi

what do you guys think RE: new avatar

with text or without?

8Y5gchK.png

They're still adding characters, skins, new Battle Royale Mode... now the game has great quest systems too that keep me coming back.

If you're ever interested in jumping back in, add me: jonbones - it seems to be the best it's ever been.

Without the text looks better to me.

Was going to try Hearthstone but seems like I can't log in to BattleNet.

They're being DDOSed because of World of Warcraft: Legion's launch. Spoiled brats ruining things for people who actually want to play.

You're EU, right? Add me in case you ever get the 80 gold play-a-friend quest (we both get the gold): SeanShards#2791

They're being DDOSed because of World of Warcraft: Legion's launch. Spoiled brats ruining things for people who actually want to play.

You're EU, right? Add me in case you ever get the 80 gold play-a-friend quest (we both get the gold): SeanShards#2791

Who have they pissed off? This feels like the longest string of consecutive DDOS attacks that I can remember.

Hagi

Huh well that sucks, bunch of man baby ass-holes. If I ever do get online I'm EU so I'll give you an add.

Guess I'll try Dead by Daylight instead.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Wait! If you're new to Hearthstone, PM me your blizz email and I'll refer you! Then we'll both get free stuff!

Once this dumb ddos ends that is...

Top Bottom