• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

what do you guys think RE: new avatar

with text or without?

Text looks good!

Carnage is canceled with Marvel Now, right?

Mmm, I think so, they're doing another venom book now, so I think they've traded em out

Huh well that sucks, bunch of man baby ass-holes. If I ever do get online I'm EU so I'll give you an add.

Guess I'll try Dead by Daylight instead.

Ah but guys. ARE we in the EU??!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
what do you guys think RE: new avatar

with text or without?

8Y5gchK.png

They're still adding characters, skins, new Battle Royale Mode... now the game has great quest systems too that keep me coming back.

If you're ever interested in jumping back in, add me: jonbones - it seems to be the best it's ever been.

I can't read the text, so I'd say no.

But that's really cool. I always loved the image that Super Evil Mega Corp projected. They seemed really invested in keeping the fans happy and having fun with it. If I ever pop back in, I'll hit you up.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
It's not that hard to catch up to a respectable level. Since the Taken King update you could start a brand new character and pass your original character up pretty quickly.

Nice... Now would I really buy the game or comics? would I rather play or read? :)

VanWinkle

Just finished The Omega Men. Oh my GOODNESS. Unbelievably good. A lot more extras in the back than I thought there would be too. Certainly a lot more than you typically see in a DC trade.

Steve Orlando will write JLA!

Oh wow I think Tim was saying last week that Orlando was his favourite writer right now, guy is on the rise! Have you got a link man?

Just finished Saga vol 4/5. Phenomenal book. The art, characters, and story are truly remarkable.

Hell yea, absolutely fantastic characters. I love the whole side of the story with lying cat and slave girl, the will etc, but the whole thing really is great. I think that's us on par now, I've still to read the latest volume! The ending to volume 5 :eek:

Orlando link. Some other artists and writers are helping with the JLvsSS tie-in issues and the main book.

Rafa Sandoval is the next DC exclusive artist.

Haha Fabok being joined by Daniel for the mini series. That was definitely called last night that Fabok wouldn't manage it. Rob williams needed Seeley too? Sounds a little bit of a mess. Also, slightly unnerving to hear John's talk about phase 2 of rebirth before I've even got my hands on the first wave but whatever. Hope this continues to be what fans want.

Ross61

Haha Fabok being joined by Daniel for the mini series. That was definitely called last night that Fabok wouldn't manage it. Rob williams needed Seeley too? Sounds a little bit of a mess. Also, slightly unnerving to hear John's talk about phase 2 of rebirth before I've even got my hands on the first wave but whatever. Hope this continues to be what fans want.
I think "needed" is a strong term. If it was a last minute addition then I would be nervous. But this seems to have been months in advance.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that character's involvement was rather brief. Book is lights-out great, though. I don't think there are enough superlatives in English to do it justice.

And I still think Black Hammer is better... you hearing that Donnie "TradeWait" Walburger? Rectify that shit...

ElNarez

Banned
Steve Orlando in JLA is The Good Shit. Get him ACO or someone equivalent and we're gonna see some Next Level Stuff.

Dusknoir

I need to pick up Orlando's Supergirl, don't I?

Get number #1 next this week not the rebirth issue. The rebirth issue doesn't use the artist that was advertised everywhere. Also it was mostly just set up.

Get Midnighter if you never read it.

I think "needed" is a strong term. If it was a last minute addition then I would be nervous. But this seems to have been months in advance.

Oh right, well, I wasn't trying to infer anything too controversial. I still see it as he needed a co-writer to manage the schedule, alongside them having double shipping books, I don't think that's too strong a statement. To say it was planned isn't to negate that it was necessary to make this happen on schedule?

I do think it's messy when they need to have co-writers to get books to happen, so I'd stick by how I worded it for now, clarifying that I'm not infering anything outlandish or end of the world.

Yeah, that character's involvement was rather brief. Book is lights-out great, though. I don't think there are enough superlatives in English to do it justice.

And I still think Black Hammer is better... you hearing that Donnie "TradeWait" Walburger? Rectify that shit...

Hahaaa, don't think I don't hear you calling me out man! All in good time. When I have that sweet dark horse trad ein my hands with it's nice binding and extras at the back, I'll have no regrets ;)

Steve Orlando in JLA is The Good Shit. Get him ACO or someone equivalent and we're gonna see some Next Level Stuff.
This book won't be a former Suicide Squad members+JL members team like speculated, right? It can't be with both those books ongoing and him as the writer. This'll be a really unusual team most likely. Really wondering who that villain is(Time Trapper maybe?)...

Dare we hope for Midnighter and Apollo as the "Batman" and "Superman" of the team?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yea, absolutely fantastic characters. I love the whole side of the story with lying cat and slave girl, the will etc, but the whole thing really is great. I think that's us on par now, I've still to read the latest volume! The ending to volume 5 :eek:

I'm just waiting for someone to return vol 6 to the library then, boom, I'm caught up and can read the new floppie.

I'll probably double dip on the trade for Black Hammer, too.

Top Bottom