• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

We ran out of things to watch so we started the flash season 2. 10 mins in and they
killed robbie amell
and edge arrived. I'm impressed.

Messi

Get number #1 next this week not the rebirth issue. The rebirth issue doesn't use the artist that was advertised everywhere. Also it was mostly just set up.

Get Midnighter if you never read it.

Supergirl does have its advertised artist. Brian Ching was always attached and Emmanula Lupacchino was always ok the rebirth issue. Her issue is beautiful as usual BTW and sets the scene nicely.

tim1138

Steve Orlando writing JLA is the best news. I can't wait to see who he uses for the team, but fingers crossed for at least Midnighter. I really wanted him to be involved with the Wildstorm relaunch, but I ain't mad at my favorite writer on a huge book. His career is taking off like a rocket.

ElNarez

Banned
MAN I REALLY WANT DC TO ANNOUNCE A NEW STORMWATCH BOOK

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME AND I TRUST THEM TO NOT FUCK IT UP

Steve Orlando writing JLA is the best news. I can't wait to see who he uses for the team, but fingers crossed for at least Midnighter. I really wanted him to be involved with the Wildstorm relaunch, but I ain't mad at my favorite writer on a huge book. His career is taking off like a rocket.

Haha knew you'd be psyched after your heartfelt sell on Midnighter! Is this wildstorm rebirth an actual thing btw I thought you guys were just hoping?

tim1138

What has Orlando written besides Midnighter?

Undertow and Virgil for Image, he was one of the writers on Batman and Robin Eternal, the Darkseid War Shazam one shot, and a couple of those Vertigo anthologies. He also has a creator owned miniseries called Namesake that Boom will be publishing.

Haha knew you'd be psyched after your heartfelt sell on Midnighter! Is this wildstorm rebirth an actual thing btw I thought you guys were just hoping?

There is going to be some kind of Wildstorm relaunch announced at NYCC next month. That's all we know.

VanWinkle

Undertow and Virgil for Image, he was one of the writers on Batman and Robin Eternal, the Darkseid War Shazam one shot, and a couple of those Vertigo anthologies. He also has a creator owned miniseries called Namesake that Boom will be publishing.

Oh okay, haven't read any of that unfortunately. People speak incredibly highly of him, though. Is he like another King-quality writer?

And currently Supergirl

There is going to be some kind of Wildstorm relaunch announced at NYCC next month. That's all we know.

please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it please rebirth it

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Kyuss album I'm listening to they're still the best god damn

Which one? I fucking LOVE them.

And quick question re: Saga vol 5. The last page with
Hazel in a school with other kids; are we supposed to think that all the other kids are a "hybrid" like her?

tim1138

Oh okay, haven't read any of that unfortunately. People speak incredibly highly of him, though. Is he like another King-quality writer?

He is incredibly talented and captures characters voices perfectly and isn't afraid to use deep cuts from DC's roster (ie Freedom Beast in Midnighter and Lar-On in Supergirl). Personally, I prefer him to King, he is my favorite writer going.

You (and everyone else who hasn't) should read Midnighter. Volume 1 is out now and volume 2 is out next month.

And currently Supergirl

And Midnighter and Apollo next month. I'm embarrassed I forgot both of those in my excitement.

Which one? I fucking LOVE them.

And quick question re: Saga vol 5. The last page with
Hazel in a school with other kids; are we supposed to think that all the other kids are a "hybrid" like her?

Hmm. I certainly hadn't gathered that if that was the intention haha I'd actually forgot about this scene at the end, I was thinking of
the will waking up :( "that's the brands dog isn't it" :(
earlier

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hopping between Sky Valley and Blues for the Red Sun

FUCKING A. Perfect albums front to back. Space Cadet
;-)
is such a great song. Demon Cleaner, Green Machine, Asteroid, Supa Scoop... I need to sit down...

I even love Wretch and When the Circus... fuck Homme for breaking them up. QotSA are dumpster-fire tier compared to Kyuss.

Hmm. I certainly hadn't gathered that if that was the intention haha

First thing I thought.

All these shame gifs, you'd think we were talking about Funkos.

Whoa, now. We don't do anything that bad around here.

I have Space Ghost, Zorak, and Brak. And no regrets.

Who will buy this? Only Star Wars and Darth Vader were good.

Not me. Not enough nudity, m8.

Just finished The Omega Men. Oh my GOODNESS. Unbelievably good. A lot more extras in the back than I thought there would be too. Certainly a lot more than you typically see in a DC trade.

Congrats. You have broken free of the unwashed masses who have not read Omega Men.

Personally, I'm pumped about that Conner/Palmiotti Jetsons comic.

Whaaaaaat? I would be so in for this. I knew a Jetsons book was coming since the Hanna-Barbera reboot comics have been so good.

Lupacchino now moves over to Superwoman with Jimenez as was announced .

Cool, how many issues before she quits?

:D

MAN I REALLY WANT DC TO ANNOUNCE A NEW STORMWATCH BOOK

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME AND I TRUST THEM TO NOT FUCK IT UP

Your trust is misplaced, friend.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good one actually.
I was thinking of her becoming the ringleader over the others because she's different but maybe that would be better, because they're all on the same boat. Would make sense they'd all be put together

I mean, they are
behind bars with armed security.

He is incredibly talented and captures characters voices perfectly and isn't afraid to use deep cuts from DC's roster (ie Freedom Beast in Midnighter and Lar-On in Supergirl). Personally, I prefer him to King, he is my favorite writer going.

You (and everyone else who hasn't) should read Midnighter. Volume 1 is out now and volume 2 is out next month.

And Midnighter and Apollo next month. I'm embarrassed I forgot both of those in my excitement.
Midnighter and Apollo is going to be fucking nuts

The first issue is them fighting
the Subway Pirates from Seven Soldiers
. It is going to be fucking amazing.

I gotta give Seven Soldiers a reread one of these days. I wasn't really into it the first time. I didn't even make it to the Bulleteer parts, and that's what I was really interested in.

Messi

Pretty shitty to bring up Lupa quitting considering she has severe personal problems last time with Starfire.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Yea yea, no, it makes sense. I hadn't actually stopped to consider why
the other kids would be locked up.
Well, I thought I would spell it out for you, ya dirty tradewait-er. :)

While eating dinner, I realized that I am a comics optimist, yet a life pessimist. Weird...

Pretty shitty to bring up Lupa quitting considering she has severe personal problems last time with Starfire.

Sorry, Asshole Freeza is here today.

tumblr_nl4h72ZP301tzxudko1_400.gif

Sandfox

The fantastic four? Wolverine? Nvm

We were all talking about a ComicGAF Civil War, but now we have to worry about monsters.

The book itself is seemingly just going to be horror/monster stories by Bunn with a bunch of different artists. This kind of thing lends more to Bunn's strengths so it could be interesting.

Mutants are often called monsters.
If a mutant hero was killed during Civil War 2, how would the public react.

What the book should actually have been revealed as is MU. Marvel Unlimited. Cullen Bunn takes over the marvel app and writes every book. So everyone can get what they didn't want. With a bevy of all star illustrators.

I still think they should have gone for the swerve and made it about the lost civilization of Mu.

"What? We already told you what the title is!"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What the book should actually have been revealed as is MU. Marvel Unlimited. Cullen Bunn takes over the marvel app and writes every book. So everyone can get what they didn't want. With a bevy of all star illustrators.
Havent read any of these books, but people pointed out that his horrorbooks appear to be prett good.
I dunno, I am getting more and more fond of a Horrorbook with the usuall 616 suspects like Dracula or Man-Thing.

FUCKING A. Perfect albums front to back. Space Cadet
;-)
is such a great song. Demon Cleaner, Green Machine, Asteroid, Supa Scoop... I need to sit down...

I even love Wretch and When the Circus... fuck Homme for breaking them up. QotSA are dumpster-fire tier compared to Kyuss.

First thing I thought.

Amen to all of this. When the circus is also amazing. Caravan.

Top Bottom