• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Was 4001 AD fun? I'm looking for good Valiant books, m8.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're just wanting for a one-off story. It builds on the events of Rai and some Eternal Warrior.

If you want a one-off event, try The Valiant. If you want something fun like Ivar, try Faith, Archer & Armstrong, or Quantum & Woody (or the crossover event The Delinquents). If you want something serious and longer, Harbinger or XO Manowar.

Messi

Monster men about to be the best cross over of the year if they land the ending

Re8wtM8.jpg

This is not a slap in the direction of Monster Men

I wouldn't recommend it if you're just wanting for a one-off story. It builds on the events of Rai and some Eternal Warrior.

If you want a one-off event, try The Valiant. If you want something fun like Ivar, try Faith, Archer & Armstrong, or Quantum & Woody (or the crossover event The Delinquents). If you want something serious and longer, Harbinger or XO Manowar.

I tried Faith already. Wasn't really into it. There are so many interconnected stories in the Valiant universe, it makes it all feel a bit inaccessible to new readers trying to get into it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I wasn't a fan of StE. It all felt a bit too generic.

I tried to read it a couple of times over the weekend and I never got past the first page that was all text.

I'll give it another shot at dinner if I can stay awake. I have to say the comparisons to The Dark Tower really turned me off.

I tried Faith already. Wasn't really into it. There are so many interconnected stories in the Valiant universe, it makes it all feel a bit inaccessible to new readers trying to get into it.

Everything I mentioned is standalone. They are almost all accessible to varying degrees; 4001 AD is just a bad example.

I tried to read it a couple of times over the weekend and I never got past the first page that was all text.

That didn't really bother me. It was the lackluster world-building this time around. After books like Low and Tokyo Ghost, this one just didn't feel like it was on quite the same level.

TheFlow

Banned
That didn't really bother me. It was the lackluster world-building this time around. After books like Low and Tokyo Ghost, this one just didn't feel like it was on quite the same level.
Tokyo ghost is not good and doesn't compare to remenders other stuff.

Seven to eternity being similar to his other series is a great argument for dropping the book. Judging a book off of one issue especially when it had a way better start than a couple of his other stuff well..

Really, Sony just want a new franchise to milk now they have to share Spidey with Marvel.

While possibly true, I know at least the Valiant films are going to have heavy involvement from the comic creators, as has been said in interviews. That's more than you can say for any of the Spidey films.

Tokyo ghost is not good and doesn't compare to remenders other stuff.

hmm I thought I was the only one with that opinion

mreddie

Speaking of Marvel books. We asked some of our retailer friends in the UK if there was any enthusiasm for the upcoming Marvel Now books.
Nada. Zilch. Zero hype. The NOW #1s, IVX, nothing is getting pre-orders from customers. Wonder if it's different in other stores?
Yeah , we definitely hit that point where being a CIVIL WAR II tie-in is costing a few sales, not getting extra ones in.

Dat seasonal model.

mreddie

Yeah I'm aware of A it's just...she's also a founding Avenger and a former leader of the team. Also also (from her wiki):

Given that, it seemed reductive of her capabilities. Not knocking that aspect of her character but she's much more than that.

Uncanny Avengers gives her that funny enough.

Owzers

Did Trump hit Hillary with a stone cold stunner yet?

Also, did she just fucking shill her book in a Presidential debate? Are you kidding me?

In her defense, Trump said she has no plans and she did literally write a book about her plans. That would be like Hillary saying Trump never made a deal.

Trump: No wonder you've been fighting ISIS your entire adult life.

He's the dumbest person i've ever seen in politics right up there with Louie Gohmert and Steve King.

Top Bottom