• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Is subbing still a thing with digital? I never let them auto-charge me for anything. I prefer to go through the whole list every week and add what I want issue by issue.

Sounds like a lot of work. I prefer to have everything waiting on me when I wake up. Plus subs eliminate impulse buys.

They send an e-mail every Thursday letting you know what you'll be charged for the next week. It wouldn't be hard to cancel an issue if need be.

Ahhhh. I'll take what I can get I suppose.

Their response to Soule was funny.

(Batman sells 3 times as much as CWII for them)

Death of X pages:
img_3260oisxf.jpg
img_3261szs9g.jpg
img_3262qlstq.jpg
Here's hoping our favs don't die.

Would be sad if X-Factor all ended up dead.

This is not a slap in the direction of Monster Men
Standoff was pretty awesome, though.
It's a character from Greg Pak's Planet Hulk. You should definitively read it.
Wasn't he murdered during World War Hulk? Or was that a different Brood?
It kills me that we will never get Sejic on an X-Men book. Give me this book.
I love it, except for his Nightcrawler. The face throws me off super hard. Same with his Colossus, actually. Otherwise I'd read a book with that team.
Remember, Rebirth sorta retcons exactly what happened with the New 52. They've been absent entirely* since Flashpoint, Rebirth actually brought them back to a great extent.

*Technically present in Earth 2, though not in their classic versions. Pretty great, though.

Convergence makes that shit really confusing, with the implication that they are the reincarnations of the original JSA, and that's why they're actually the origin point of the universe.

Something.

Convergence was bad.
Their response to Soule was funny.

(Batman sells 3 times as much as CWII for them)

Death of X pages:

Here's hoping our favs don't die.

Would be sad if X-Factor all ended up dead.
STEPFORDS!!!!! And with their own costumes!

HOLY SHIT

I just realized:

-The Stepfords are clones of Emma

-Emma had two sisters: a red-head with longer hair and the other had very short, black hair.

That's a deep cut right there.

EDIT: Okay Adrienne had light brown hair, not red. Or blonde. I don't know.

EDIT2: And this Emma Frost solo is still amazing. Just power plays and mind games.

So what Green Arrow issues should one grab in the sale?

For Vertigo I'm grabbing the new Doom Patrol collections and some other small things. Thinking about American Vampire...

Owzers

Sheriff of Babylon is a Vertigo book

You guys keep talking about that, maybe i'll buy it

But maybe i won't.

edit: So far i bought the Zatanna one-shot Everyday Magic. 80 cents spent!

I tried to read it a couple of times over the weekend and I never got past the first page that was all text.

I'll give it another shot at dinner if I can stay awake. I have to say the comparisons to The Dark Tower really turned me off.

Because you know Remender could never hit that high bar, am I right? ;)

What happened with the debate thing. Did Hillary have to go to Smackdown? Was there a batista bomb?

She gave him a rope to hang himself with and he asked for help with the knot

Hahah. As a complete outsider to this stuff outside of the media coverage on the BBC, I keep expecting the very prospect of Trump running to be revealed as an elaborate hoax but somehow these things keep coming back with how close it is between the two. Fascinating, like a car crash.

Didn't read for a fear of spoilers man, but I scanned the art and god damn haha. Really amazing stuff, this will be a nice collection.

Also, peeps really can't lose with this Vertigo sale. I see Sweet Tooth, Scalped, American Vampire, I'll just assume everyone whoever wanted to read Sandman already did, Y The Last Man, good shout that no-one ever talks about is The Unwritten, a really fantastic series.

Thinking about American Vampire...

No reason why not, it's a great series. The entire first cycle anyway. Have Two volumes of second cycle sitting but haven't got to them yet.

TheFlow

Banned
just bought all of Sherief including the new issues for less than 14 bucks. this is a good sale.

I think I am going to finish collecting all of American Vampire: second cycle and sandman theatre.

edit: this sale ends by next monday? yea I am going to binge buy a ton of shit confirmed.

Messi

Great sale. I bought all of Sheriff of Babylon, New Romancer and the current Lucifer run (it's great BTW, Lee Garbett does amazing art)

just bought all of Sherief including the new issues for less than 14 bucks. this is a good sale.

I think I am going to finish collecting all of American Vampire: second cycle and sandman theatre.

edit: this sale ends by next monday? yea I am going to binge buy a ton of shit confirmed.

Great sale. I bought all of Sheriff of Babylon, New Romancer and the current Lucifer run (it's great BTW, Lee Garbett does amazing art)

Same. Read first issue. Well shit, guess I'm in for a HUGE downer.

Edit: Wanted to grab some Sandman too but those $12 trades didn't seem like a good deal with the amount of larger collections out there.

Foofaraw

I know I don't post here much, but I just got into grad school. That means 3 years with little to no new comics. I think I made the wrong decision. I need to live vicariously through your comic books. And Marvel Unlimited. Marvel Unlimited always has my back.

My IST order for the Ultimate Spider-Man trades I was missing came today. I chose the cheapest delivery option but it only took about four weeks. Pretty impressive really. Their packaging is excellent as well.

Messi

Same. Read first issue. Well shit, guess I'm in for a HUGE downer.

Edit: Wanted to grab some Sandman too but those $12 trades didn't seem like a good deal with the amount of larger collections out there.

Yeah I've already read Sheriff. It certainly doesn't paint that whole situation in a good light. That first issue is heartbreaking.

Volume 3 of Saga was the best yet. It was so tense going into the last few issues where all the main characters started to
converge at the lighthouse. I was expecting a time skip at some point, but it made sense to do one after this felt like the end of the first big arc. Poor old Oswald. :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
And this is after dropping a ton of comics from my pulls

Batman Beyond Rebirth #1
Detective Comics #941
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #5
Suicide Squad #3
Titans #3
Wonder Woman #7

Saga #38

Captain America Sam Wilson #13
Captain America Steve Rogers #5
Civil War II Kingpin #3 (Of 4)
Doctor Strange Annual #1
Extraordinary X-Men #14
New Avengers #16
Nighthawk #5
Star Wars #23
Totally Awesome Hulk #10
Ultimates #11

There is a shit ton of comics this week. I really need to cut down but I am really into so many DC books right now.

Action
Batgirl
Batman Beyond Rebirth
Blue Beetle
Deathstroke
Detective
Flash (could get dropped if it doesn't pick up now that villain is revealed)
Frostbite (from Williamson and his non hero stuff is supposed to be good so I'll check it out)
Hal and GLC
Hellblazer
Suicide Squad
Teen Titans Rebirth
Wonder Woman
Saga
Deadpool
Spider-Woman
Bloodshot
Generation Zero

TheFlow

Banned
And this is after dropping a ton of comics from my pulls

Batman Beyond Rebirth #1
Detective Comics #941
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #5
Suicide Squad #3
Titans #3
Wonder Woman #7

Saga #38

Captain America Sam Wilson #13
Captain America Steve Rogers #5
Civil War II Kingpin #3 (Of 4)
Doctor Strange Annual #1
Extraordinary X-Men #14
New Avengers #16
Nighthawk #5
Star Wars #23
Totally Awesome Hulk #10
Ultimates #11
Good taste.

Got saga, detective, and batman beyond on lock

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Deadly Class #22
Lake of Fire #2
Saga #38
Surgeon X #1
The Hunt #3
Wayward #16

It will be nice to have Deadly Class and Wayward back in the mix.

Owzers

I've decided that Deadly Class is the next book i get into, I had read issue #1 when it came out but despite liking it i decided to trade wait.

Trade waiters, they're the worst, right?

I know I don't post here much, but I just got into grad school. That means 3 years with little to no new comics. I think I made the wrong decision. I need to live vicariously through your comic books. And Marvel Unlimited. Marvel Unlimited always has my back.
Don't forget your local library!

Batman Beyond Rebirth
Blue Beetle #1
Detective Comics #941
Flash #7
Hal Jordan #5
Suicide Squad #3
Teen Titans Rebirth
Wonder Woman #7

Star Trek Waypoint #1 (I know nothing of Star Trek, but it's Donny Cates)

Deadly Class #22
Saga #38

Ms Marvel #11
Spider-Gwen #12
Spider-Woman #11

Bloodshot Reborn #17
Generation Zero #2
XO Manowar #50

Top Bottom