• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Owzers

Trump : I never said global warning was a hoax created by the chinese.

minutes later: the tweet where he said that gets deleted.

yeah, sure, that'll cover it.

Messi

The real gain from tonight's debates is the fact that Ann Nocenti has come back to twitter to tweet about it. If she writes a few more lines I can put them into speech bubbles and have a new Catwoman issue. I miss it. :( I'd rather have her Catwoman than no Catwoman.

Jesus Christ this debate.

200_s.gif

VanWinkle

I would buy a JSA book.

I just did some research while waiting on Poodestrike to respond, and found out that JSA basically didn't exist during N52 except in the quasi-form with Earth 2. Man, what a sad day. I now understand why people disliked the universe-rebooting New 52. All of those decades of legacy just gone. I just read the JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 and it just feels like part of comics history with this heroes from fifty years ago mingling and helping with modern heroes, and new generations of old heroes either carrying on that legacy or trying to do their own thing. It's beautiful.

shingi70

Banned
I don't read them monthly but can't believe people still sleep on Valiant. Shane that Sony seems intent on doing Harbinger Wars first and foremost though.

:( Did they exist during New 52?

Remember, Rebirth sorta retcons exactly what happened with the New 52. They've been absent entirely* since Flashpoint, Rebirth actually brought them back to a great extent.

*Technically present in Earth 2, though not in their classic versions. Pretty great, though.

I don't read them monthly but can't believe people still sleep on Valiant. Shane that Sony seems intent on doing Harbinger Wars first and foremost though.

I try, shingi. I do. But I have trouble finding things I like... That also don't require me to read a series that's already dozens of issues in.

VanWinkle

Put a 64GB iPad Air 2 on layaway at work today. Gotta say I'm actually pretty excited. One thing I hate about reading digital on my current tablet is that I'm constantly having to delete comics to make room for new stuff since it's only 16GB. Also, while the screen on my Galaxy Tab S is AMAZING, its 8.4" screen is a little bit too small for me. I'd love to get the 12 inch iPad Pro obviously, but the 9.7" will still be a nice improvement, and $399 is a lot easier to deal with than $700+.

Remember, Rebirth sorta retcons exactly what happened with the New 52. They've been absent entirely* since Flashpoint, Rebirth actually brought them back to a great extent.

*Technically present in Earth 2, though not in their classic versions. Pretty great, though.

Oh yeah, are you talking about
Johnny Thunder I think it was showing up
? That is definitely an exciting prospect.

Sandfox

If anything I would say that people are starting to open up to them more, though the number is still small.

shingi70

Banned
If it were me I would do a Manowar movie covering the first two trades before the other stuff.

Man If valiant could take the MCU or CW approach with tv and films it could work pretty damn well. I'd probably start the films off with Xo, Bloodshot, and shadow man. Harbinger would work better as a TV series.

Won't happen but I wish valiant would partner with Netflix or Amazon.

Are any of those Raina Telgemeier comics good for a relaxing read? My mind can't cope with this awful debate AND an awful episode of RAW. Gotham was the only decent thing on tonight.

Messi

Image bringing the heat this week :

Saga
Deadly Class
Wayward
Snotgirl
Surgeon X
Descender
Lake of Fire
ODC-Y

And more!

To this and your other post, I think Bloodshot is more iconic and you can't fault them for wanting to build up to one of the best crossovers they've done. Would XO have been a better choice? Maybe. But Bloodshot has potential, and the same can be said for Harbinger. I also think they'd have more trouble if they were mixing two types of media together for crossovers like Harbinger Wars.

I try, shingi. I do. But I have trouble finding things I like... That also don't require me to read a series that's already dozens of issues in.

Everything I recommended is finished and several are only a dozen issues or less long O_O

I can believe it.

Oh shush, you sleep on everything

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Finally finished Seven to Eternity. It was an okay first issue. Good enough to earn a few more issues but not good enough to earn an instant sub like Kill or Be Killed.

I'd probably like it a bit more if the colorist weren't holding back Opena's art.

Finally finished Seven to Eternity. It was an okay first issue. Good enough to earn a few more issues but not good enough to earn an instant sub like Kill or Be Killed.

Is subbing still a thing with digital? I never let them auto-charge me for anything. I prefer to go through the whole list every week and add what I want issue by issue.

Owzers

Vertigo line-wide sale at cmx.

Well, Trump can't ruin everything.

Though it is digital comics...and they could be cheaper...

Top Bottom