• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

The first issue didn't really give that feel at all.

Maybe I'll come back to it once I'm done reading other stuff. I was just really bored with it.

Funniest book around.

I quite liked the book, incredible art, made it to around volumes 4 or 5 before I dropped off. Even by trade, I kind of felt nothing was really happening in terms of some.of the great things they tease earlier and it was annoying me. Figured I would just wait until the rest of the series was totally done and pick up the rest of the trades if they stick the landing. It can bea pretty funny book at times though haha totally absurd

I don't remember anythihng about that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Isn't O5 Cyclops joining issue 2? that would be cool to get another person as well.

I'm fairly certain it's just when Tyke debuts.

Think you guys were right btw. Went back and found the interview - click. Since he'd already mentioned cyclops earlier in the interview, I thought he meant someone else, but reading the solicits again, I guess he was just being coy about what order they would show up in.

Ah, true love.

meojq8x.jpg

I mean, if it gets considerably better, I'll give a couple more issues a try.

But if it's the same as the first one and I'm just not seeing it, then no thanks.

I'd say the tone and quality of the first volume is fairly equal, however a lot of good plot stuff happens near the end of the first volume, maybe give it the first volume? Honestly though if you got nothing out of that issue, I doubt you would change your mind, it's quite consistent

I'd say the tone and quality of the first volume is fairly equal, however a lot of good plot stuff happens near the end of the first volume, maybe give it the first volume? Honestly though if you got nothing out of that issue, I doubt you would change your mind, it's quite consistent

Thanks, sounds like a skip for me.

It obviously did something right. It went for 60 issues :p

I'm sure it does. But this is for me and whether or by I should spend more money given my indifference to the first issue.

How can comics stay healthy then? We all need to pull our weight and buy books that don't interest us. Haven't you been paying attention?

Primetheus didn't preorder each issue two months in advance and buy two for each family member. It's already too late for chew!

Cbr depressing me with its dark tower news. Everything about when they open their mouths to explain why they changed the structure of the plot/won't just adapt the first book terrifies me. We simplified things, and it lowered expenses....hnnng why say this out loud. Holding on to the quite decent casting and not much else at this point. Please surprise me.

What was that really good YouTube channel someone posted the other day (Birdie?) where they do really good comic reviews? I remember looking at the channel but I forgot to subscribe. Can't find it in my history either.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Strip Panel Naked, but it's more criticism than reviews. I like Comicosity for reviews, but they tend to be SUPER positive.

No posting for me tonight, got a wedding reception to attend. Am I evil for wanting to wear tshirt and jeans? My girlfriend is treating me as if I'm evil. Not that I will, but I'd like to. If you're going to get smashed for a once in a life time occasion, why not do it comfortably.

Strangest licence game ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfIx7efqvf4

X-Men: Ravages of Apocalypse. A Quake clone with X-Men to shot at

Oh dear haha. Wikipedia'ed it:

all of the enemies in the game have been replaced with cyborg clones of popular X-Men characters, each with their own super powers; for example, Wolverine has his healing factor, Archangel is immune to rockets, etc.

Archangel's well known mutant ability, immune to rocket. Haha! Brilliant. I'd never heard of this before.

Wrapped up my marvel CMX BOGO sale. It's nice to see as these keep happening the damage to the wallet becomes less

Notable highlights:
Completed PADs Hulk run
Same with Simonson's Thor
Complete X-statix run
PADs first Captain Marvel volume.
Some classic Thor and Captain Anerica
And some more classic Kirby

sorry, got a little tied up at work

looks like we're doing 10 man

Monday night work for everyone? PM me your e-mail addresses!

And social security numbers too, right? :D

Cool article over at comicosity about Tom King's recent output: http://www.comicosity.com/dissecting-the-king-in-black-trilogy-omega-men-vision-and-sheriff-of-babylon/ . I didn't read too far in for fear of spoilers, but figured you guys would like it. Have omega men and vision in the post right now and sheriff of baby lon is in next week's batch, looking forward to seeing how they all stack up. Kept confusing myself if the first trade was put or not because I kept searching sheriff of Baghdad and getting no results haha

Wow, I've been reading Sonny Liew's The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye and it is all kinds of amazing. It is presented as an art book of sorts, collecting excerpts from Chan Hock Chye's work - childhood sketches, comics, posters, magazine covers etc.

And the fascinating thing is, Chan Hock Chye is not real! Liew is using this created character, the self proclaimed "Singapore's Greatest Comic Artist" to paint a picture of Singapore, its peoples and major events throughout its history. Think Showa: A History of Japan meets This is Spinal Tap.

Wow, I've been reading Sonny Liew's The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye and it is all kinds of amazing. It is presented as an art book of sorts, collecting excerpts from Chan Hock Chye's work - childhood sketches, comics, posters, magazine covers etc.

And the fascinating thing is, Chan Hock Chye is not real! Liew is using this created character, the self proclaimed "Singapore's Greatest Comic Artist" to paint a picture of Singapore, its peoples and major events throughout its history. Think Showa: A History of Japan meets This is Spinal Tap.

Wow that's amazing. Really neat concept and thw art is phenomenal. What publisher is this from? Glad you wrote about this, I hadn't heard anything of it before, really like Liew's art though.

Wow that's amazing. Really neat concept and thw art is phenomenal. What publisher is this from? Glad you wrote about this, I hadn't heard anything of it before, really like Liew's art though.

Pantheon published it. It was recommended to me by someone on a facebook group and my Library had a copy.

It is crazy the number of different art styles Liew uses through the book, and I am only 20% through it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1101870699/?tag=neogaf0e-20

VanWinkle

Oh YEEEESSS. Don't know if it's been posted, but DC is releasing a Zatanna by Paul Dini paperback next May. Collecting, check this out, ZATANNA #1-16, ZATANNA: EVERYDAY MAGIC and the BLACK CANARY AND ZATANNA original graphic novel.

Pantheon published it. It was recommended to me by someone on a facebook group and my Library had a copy.

It is crazy the number of different art styles Liew uses through the book, and I am only 20% through it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1101870699/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Brilliant, let me know how it shakes out and how it all comes together when your done, I don't really know much about Singapore either being honest, even more interesting in that respect

kmfdmpig

Oh YEEEESSS. Don't know if it's been posted, but DC is releasing a Zatanna by Paul Dini paperback next May. Collecting, check this out, ZATANNA #1-16, ZATANNA: EVERYDAY MAGIC and the BLACK CANARY AND ZATANNA original graphic novel.

That's some great comics, right there. I loved all of those.

Owzers

who announces a book for next May? That's in so many months, NX might be out before then.

THAT'S SO FAR AWAY WHAT THE HELL

Goddamn. I'm in for that. Loved that series.

Top Bottom