• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Managed to pick up the HC for New X-Men Ultimate Collection, Book 1 for about $10.

But holy hell Book 2 and 3 are like $40-50 for the HCs.

Yes! Finished the two missions/bosses from the Nioh beta. Man this game is fuuuuun. Got to the two DLC items unlocked (I'm sure these are really nothing but a fun carrot). Bring on the full game!

Yes! Finished the two missions/bosses from the Nioh beta. Man this game is fuuuuun. Got to the two DLC items unlocked (I'm sure these are really nothing but a fun carrot). Bring on the full game!

Mmm I finished all the content in the alpha but I havent had a chance to touch the beta, is it about over?

Owzers

Wow. Brutal.

I signed up for it but I never got around to trying it. Seems like it would be even more infuriating than Overwatch.

i'm on an Overwatch high since i went 4-0 with two gaffers in the OT for the start of my placement matches. Get behind me!

Also, this is a thing that happened, gif borrowed from poligaf from today's Trump figures out what a church is event.

BMBbDe0.gif

Just tried BF1 beta. Yup that's Battlefield. I keep getting excited for these games and then I play them and remember I haven't gotten into a multi player shooter in forever and I'm now done

Just tried BF1 beta. Yup that's Battlefield. I keep getting excited for these games and then I play them and remember I haven't gotten into a multi player shooter in forever and I'm now done

I was actually surprised that I liked Overwatch when I first tried it. I blame the pretty colors and the waifus.

kmfdmpig

Based on a recommendation in one of these threads, I think last month, I read Alex Ross' Justice. I had been interested in, but had heard mixed things when it came out, so never bothered with it.

I thought it was quite good. The art was, of course, gorgeous, and the writing was much better than I had anticipated. In many places it served as a love letter to some of the less known heroes like Elastic Man, Plastic Man, the Metal Men and Doom Patrol.

There were a few scenes with Hal and John Stewart that were some of the best uses of Green Lanterns that I've seen in years as well.

I don't remember who recommended it, but to whoever did, thanks!

Based on a recommendation in one of these threads, I think last month, I read Alex Ross' Justice. I had been interested in, but had heard mixed things when it came out, so never bothered with it.

I thought it was quite good. The art was, of course, gorgeous, and the writing was much better than I had anticipated. In many places it served as a love letter to some of the less known heroes like Elastic Man, Plastic Man, the Metal Men and Doom Patrol.

There were a few scenes with Hal and John Stewart that were some of the best uses of Green Lanterns that I've seen in years as well.

I don't remember who recommended it, but to whoever did, thanks!
That's a fun eye candy series that I was surprised at how good it turned out to be.

kmfdmpig

That's a fun eye candy series that I was surprised at how good it turned out to be.

That's a good way of putting it. I was always a fan of Ross' DC work, even though some like his one off Dini collaborations were a bit simplistic/iconic in terms of story. Justice was much better than I anticipated, and while still falling short of Kingdom Come (as 99.99% of comics do) it was closer to that level than I would have expected.

I'm not the biggest Alex Ross fan. I think a lot of his stuff has too realistic a look to capture the feel of what a comic book is. His art is amazing, no question, but it throws me off to see it in a comic.

I'm not the biggest Alex Ross fan. I think a lot of his stuff has too realistic a look to capture the feel of what a comic book is. His art is amazing, no question, but it throws me off to see it in a comic.
I can see how it's not for everyone. I love it for its change of pace. His work generally lends itself better for covers then interior panel work that needs to convey movement. His work can be a bit stiff (characters tend to pose a lot) But man Kimgdom Come is one of the best

I can see how it's not for everyone. I love it for its change of pace. His work generally lends itself better for covers then interior panel work that needs to convey movement. His work can be a bit stiff (characters tend to pose a lot) But man Kimgdom Come is one of the best

I've read Kingdom Come, but not Justice.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hey you guys remember when this was announced? I don't. But I just listened to a podcast interview with Lotay and she said that she is drawing it right now (right now was back at SDCC) and that it will be out early next year.

TheFlow

Banned
battlefield 1 is amazing. definitely needs some fix arounds, but it is in better shape gameplay wise than titan fall.

I am basically buying all the fall releases this year, including fifa

Messi

I hadn't read much of her before Animosity. What's her best?

DC Bombshells, Angela Asgard Assassin - Queen of Hel, Secret Wars A-Force (I feel like the book fell apart after she left for the reboot), insexts (her other aftershock book)

Very excited for her Josie and the Pussycats.

Malyse

It's Marguerite Bennett. Of course it's good.

Everything she writes is gold

DC Bombshells, Angela Asgard Assassin - Queen of Hel, Secret Wars A-Force (I feel like the book fell apart after she left for the reboot), insexts (her other aftershock book)

Yo, are we still claiming fave posters? Cause this...
but I'm still loving A-Force

mreddie

I feel sorry for Marguerite Bennett getting trash at Marvel and once she gets gold, Marvel treated it like trash.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Oh, Secret Wars A-Force was her? That was definitely better than the ongoing. More fun, too.

Boogiepop

Guys, give me a rundown on what's the top ongoings for Marvel right now. Thinking of catching up on one or two, at least, with the BOGO. Don't worry about covering Wolverine, Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Ultimates off the top of my head (there's a couple more I'm at least semi-caught up on, but those are the ones I definitely don't need any recommendations for as I'm on top of them).

Top Bottom