• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

PsychBat!

Banned
xsPLxNx.jpg

It finally arrived! :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spawn's design is fantastic in all its 90s glory.

Yeah I said it! I said it! Come at me bros!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
FF INVITES SENT

if you haven't sent me your e-mail, please send em ASAP! tomorrow i go hunting for you!

also, i made the mistake of posting in a gaming side thread oh god what have i done

Owzers

Tried the Battlefield 1 beta. Oh man that game is trash. Went back to Overwatch. Oh man that game is trash.

you could read comics?

I need to catch up on Black Panther, but going through the dcbs specials i have little desire to buy a random story BP World of Wakanda spin-off by various writers/artists.

Messi

She wasn't writing it when ANAD started and I doubt they would've kicked the people already on the book off for her.

Yeah they replaced her when she left. They wouldn't have needed to replace her if she didn't leave.

Wouldn't be hard to get the people off the book anyway...seems like no one wants to stay on the book more than a few issues.

Sandfox

She was writing Angela before during and after Secret Wars. She was also co writing A-Force with Wilson during A-Force during Secret Wars. Thompson came after.

I know, which is why I don't get you saying that they replaced Bennett after she left.

VanWinkle

What DCYou titles would you guys say are worth buying?

According to an article I saw, we have:

-Batman Beyond by Jurgens/Chang

-Midnighter by Orlando/Aco (have already heard good things; will be buying at some point)

-The Omega Men by King/Bagenda (already bought; adored)

-Constantine by Doyle/Rossmo

-Earth 2: Society by Wilson/Jimenez (will be getting to as I read the regular Earth 2 stuff)

-Red Hood/Asenal by Lobdell/Medri

-Starfire by Palmiotti/Conner/Lupacchino

-Black Canary by Fletcher/Wu (read the first trade; pretty good)

-Doctor Fate by Levitz/Liew

-Doomed by Lobdell/Fernandez

-Justice League of America by Hitch

-Martian Manhunter by Williams/Ferreira/Barrows (read first trade; liked it a lot)

-Robin: Son of Batman by Gleason

-Justice League 3001 by DeMatteis/Giffen/Porter

-Green Lantern: The Lost Army by Bunn/Saiz

-We Are Robin by Bermejo/Randolph/Haynes

-Cyborg by Walker/Prado/Reis

-DC Comics: Bombshells (read first trade; enjoyed it)

-Telos by Jeff King/Paz/Pagulayan

-Superman: Lois & Clark by Jurgens/Weeks

-Harley's Little Black Book by Palmiotti/Conner

Messi

Midnighter by Orlando/Aco (have already heard good things; will be buying at some point)
The Omega Men by King/Bagenda (already bought; adored)
Starfire by Palmiotti/Conner/Lupacchino
Black Canary by Fletcher/Wu (read the first trade; pretty good)
Martian Manhunter by Williams/Ferreira/Barrows (read first trade; liked it a lot)
Robin: Son of Batman by Gleason
We Are Robin by Bermejo/Randolph/Haynes
DC Comics: Bombshells (read first trade; enjoyed it)
Harley's Little Black Book by Palmiotti/Conner

In my opinion these are worth checking out in trade.

Earth 2 also good. I missed the part where you already read earth 2 stuff. Get that. Lovely art.

Loved Starfire so much I bought some art from it.

Ross61

-Midnighter by Orlando/Aco (have already heard good things; will be buying at some point)

-Earth 2: Society by Wilson/Jimenez (will be getting to as I read the regular Earth 2 stuff)

-Martian Manhunter by Williams/Ferreira/Barrows (read first trade; liked it a lot)

Of this list I would say:Midnighter, Martian Manhunter, Doctor Fate, Black Canary, and Starfire.

Only Doomed. The rest are ok.

These and add in that Superman mini, can't recall the name atm.

Edit, take off JLA, didn't read the whole thing. Thought it was Darkseid war. JLA was pretty shit.

Messi

Awesome, thanks. That art page is BEAUTIFUL.

Okay now, something's wrong here.

Emanuela Lupacchino is a really cool artist. She does half the run maybe a little bit more and Elsa Charretier does the rest of it. Really beautiful book.

Also it brings back
Terra
from Power Girl : Power Trip which was also written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner (on art)

kmfdmpig

These are all good. The others I either did not read or did not enjoy as much.

Oh, American Alien? Definitely getting that one when it comes out. And thanks for the recs.

Not sure if you saw my edit, but I thought it said Justice League, not JLA. I liked Batman Beyond and Earth 2 because I like the character, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend them.

Also that Bizzaro Jimmy Olsen mini was really good if you want some light hearted comedy.

VanWinkle

^Messi, I'm not going to quote that because I don't want to see the spoiler. I'm not very far into Power Girl - Power Trip yet.

I'm surprised to see a couple of you say We Are Robin. I don't know why - I haven't heard anything BAD - but I just haven't really heard anything about it.

Not sure if you saw my edit, but I thought it said Justice League, not JLA. I liked Batman Beyond and Earth 2 because I like the character, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend them.

Oh okay, thanks. I was going to say, I didn't think people were too impressed with Hitch's DC stuff.

kmfdmpig

^Messi, I'm not going to quote that because I don't want to see the spoiler. I'm not very far into Power Girl - Power Trip yet.

I'm surprised to see a couple of you say We Are Robin. I don't know why - I haven't heard anything BAD - but I just haven't really heard anything about it.

Oh okay, thanks. I was going to say, I didn't think people were too impressed with Hitch's DC stuff.

That Power Girl run was similar in tone to the Zatanna stuff you posted about earlier today. Starfire has a similar feel to it as well, so if you liked Zatanna and are liking Power Girl then you'll likely also enjoy Starfire (although I don't think it's quite as good as the other two).

The characters were really good and the set up was awesome. It got kind of sidetracked by Robin War but besides that I thought it was really good.

VanWinkle

That Power Girl run was similar in tone to the Zatanna stuff you posted about earlier today. Starfire has a similar feel to it as well, so if you liked Zatanna and are liking Power Girl then you'll likely also enjoy Starfire (although I don't think it's quite as good as the other two).

Nice. I'm sure I will enjoy it. I added the first volume to my wishlist.

The characters were really good and the set up was awesome. It got kind of sidetracked by Robin War but besides that I thought it was really good.

Tell me the order for these:

We Are Robin
Robin War
Batman and Robin Eternal

and do all of those tie in or can something be taken out of there?

Messi

Thanks, you do too (aside from that one masochistic streak when you were hoping that Nocenti's Catwoman would turn around issue after issue).

She could have turned it around :(.

I agree with this. That is a nice set of books.

Starfire is exactly the kind of book she needed imo. Its fun and light with great art and characters. A nice book to read after something heavy.

Nice. I'm sure I will enjoy it. I added the first volume to my wishlist.

Tell me the order for these:

We Are Robin
Robin War
Batman and Robin Eternal

and do all of those tie in or can something be taken out of there?

We are Robing with Robing War in the middle of it. B&RE I can't really place. It was kind of weird with when it was taking place some times.

God damn edits, playing OW and talking don't mix.

Top Bottom