• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Nice OP (late as hell I know) Some good books coming out.

Been busy with new job, wife is knocked up.. so I lost my old "man cave" room. The wife is pretty cool and let me take over the den tho.
only thing I've moved so far really.

Got this Batman B&W yesterday from dcbs
By Rafael Albuquerque

I didn't see anyone mention this, but congrats on the future spawn, Music Man! That new Batman is cool and all, but I'd wager the actual human child is a bit bigger of a deal.

Btw I thought Batman & Robin Eternal was a pretty cool story if you like the Robins/Batgirl/Harper Row/Cass. Doesn't suffer from the same problems as Batman Eternal where it was stretched out over a year and full of filler. The villain is really creepy to me too.

I don't think many of us read it.

Not over a full year but it definitely has weird dumb stuff that goes nowhere at the start.
Azriel, Bane, Tim possibly being a plant. Dick going to see that person living in a VR room and all kinds of weird shit that was pointless.

If it was condensed and had a continuous writer it could have been a pretty good story. Overall I thought it was a complete mess though.

Rooster12

What DCYou titles would you guys say are worth buying?

-Telos by Jeff King/Paz/Pagulayan

What dumbass DC editor thought it was a good idea to give TELOS a fucking ongoing??

Like....what the fuck? That's a mindboggling decision. Who would even buy that book?

Don't mind my weird hate for Batman and Robin Eternal. I have a lot of hate for it out sticking with it when I should have given up near the beginning.

Sandfox

I like how BKV won best writer, Fiona Staples won best artist, Saga won best continuing series, and Paper Girls won best new series.

Valiant pushed hard to get nominated in as many Harvey award categories as they could and still got shut out ayyy lmao

Birdie only scores the average Valiant book an 8.5. They had no shot.

I'm reading their stuff in the shame-free embrace of Scribd, and none of it strikes me as award worthy. Maybe the Harvey Birdman awards...

No new games to play so I guess I'll read comics list

Flintstones #3
Green Arrow #6 (WTF, it seems like this book comes out every fucking week)
Sheriff of Babylon #10 (Fuck yeah motherfuckers)
Supergirl #1 (I should really finish reading Supergirl Rebirth)
Glitterbomb #1 (HHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG)
Kill or Be Killed #2
Paper Girls #9
Walking Dead #158 (let's hope Kirkman doesn't end this book too)
Doctor Strange #11 (No Bachalo, no sale)
Giant Days #18 (Thank God, finally a good comic)

Sandfox

I'm reading the books in order and so far I like X-O Manowar and Harbinger, with Bloodshot not being for me. So far the best characters in the universe and Faith and Ninjak.

I'm reading the books in order and so far I like X-O Manowar and Harbinger, with Bloodshot not being for me. So far the best characters in the universe and Faith and Ninjak.

I'd like to check out X-O and Ninjak but they're so many issues in it's a little daunting. Not start-reading-One-Piece-from-the-beginning daunting, but still.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
CrfFu9GVIAELg2O.jpg

Drifter #14
Glitterbomb #1
Kill or Be Killed #2
Nailbiter #25
Paper Girls #9
Revival #42
The Walking Dead #158

Ordered that Amanda Conner Stafire statue from DCBS because she's totes adorbs. I'm passing on the Bombshells statues now because I'm kinda done with the line. I may end up selling the older ones just to wash my hands of them.

Top Bottom