• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Detective Comics #938

Steph: "You want me to make fun of your last costume again, with the showgirl wings?"

Tim: "No."

Steph: "Then keep moving."

neNHWxgy.gif

tim1138

I still dont understand why she turned Asian...

God that was the biggest ass pull of a retcon ever.

"We've secretly replaced real Psylocke with an Asian ninja from the hand, let's see if anyone notices!"

Obviously the real reason was Jim Lee thought she looked cooler as a ninja and no one called him on it.

God that was the biggest ass pull of a retcon ever.

"We've secretly replaced real Psylocke with an Asian ninja from the hand, let's see if anyone notices!"

Obviously the real reason was Jim Lee thought she looked cooler as a ninja and no one called him on it.

but like I seriously don't understand it. Reading that issue is like...what the fuck is even happening lol. Shit is crazy yo

nah but frfr I didnt understand any of Fraction/Land run either. That Sisterhood arc was the simpest moment in Wolverine's career

clip-3.jpg

like wtf dude

Not a chance. Zombeen will talk to the artists for me at comic con.
Your favorite artist is shopping for underwear and you casually bump into them. What would you say?
From what I've seen at cons you're supposed to ask them about the MCU no matter who they are.
I'd like to imagine indie artist like talking about weed and vaping.
I can barely talk to people I know. If it was someone I admired, my heart would probably explode.
Give the a handshake and say you love their work. After that immediately wash your hands.

tim1138

but like I seriously don't understand it. Reading that issue is like...what the fuck is even happening lol. Shit is crazy yo

Because it made no god damn sense. I remember getting that issue and reading it like three times in a row trying to figure out what the hell I was reading. Was that Lobdell or Nicieza who wrote that? It was definitely during the era when the two of them were writing the entire mutant line.

Messi

Your favorite artist is shopping for underwear and you casually bump into them. What would you say?

I'd like to imagine indie artist like talking about weed and vaping.

Give the a handshake and say you love their work. After that immediately wash your hands.

Is Sejic looking for boxers of briefs?

That's his trigger scent.

reminds me that time he sensed Jean had returned back from the dead, freaked out,knocked out Storm accidently, and ran off. Storm didnt even ask him about that shit later.

"So...about that time you knocked my ass out earlier...the fuck, Logan?"

freak+out.jpg

Sandfox

reminds me that time he sensed Jean had returned back from the dead, freaked out,knocked out Storm accidently, and ran off. Storm didnt even ask him about that shit later.

"So...about that time you knocked my ass out earlier...the fuck, Logan?"

freak+out.jpg
He knew that Storm would be his future lover and put the moves Reed taught him to use.

Messi

He seems like a boxers guys. The loose boxers, not the tight boxers.

I would agree with this. He seems like a man of luxury and comfort.

A friend asked me about Sunstone today and he said... "do you think he is into all that wierd shit he writes about?"

612kWZx.gif

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back from DMing my first round of D&D. It was a bit slow at first as a big (probably too big) group of people who had never played before figured out all of the rules and things that they are able to do. They managed to charm a few wolves and a few bugbears, and promptly murdered the rest of them. And, as far as they can tell, they enjoyed it enough to keep playing, which I'm really psyched about, because I love having a hobby that's more creative than consumptive.

Highlight: my one friend that made great initiative rolls again and again, but only ever hit one person because his attack rolls where so terrible

Lowlight: My attempts at accent work, which would all revert over the course of the conversation to my mostly ok "southern".

All in all, highly recommended.

Just got back from DMing my first round of D&D. It was a bit slow at first as a big (probably too big) group of people who had never played before figured out all of the rules and things that they are able to do. They managed to charm a few wolves and a few bugbears, and promptly murdered the rest of them. And, as far as they can tell, they enjoyed it enough to keep playing, which I'm really psyched about, because I love having a hobby that's more creative than consumptive.

Highlight: my one friend that made great initiative rolls again and again, but only ever hit one person because his attack rolls where so terrible

Lowlight: My attempts at accent work, which would all revert over the course of the conversation to my mostly ok "southern".

All in all, highly recommended.

I miss DMing so much. My current group of friends didn't really take to it, unfortunately. Too much metagaming and wanting powers from obscure books that I didn't own because Googling the old char-op boards is easier than learning the game. I always had a hard rule in my older groups that if you wanted an ability or class, you had to be able to produce the physical book it came from. So it didn't even have to be your copy.

I like playing with all the toys, one of the most fun games I ever played in was an all-evil monster campaign with every WOTC 3.5 book allowed. I was the Only Sane Man of the group, playing a LE Warforged Warblade corrupted by a legacy weapon along with an incubus, a half-dragon/half-ogre with an axe that was the magically-treated corpse of a giant dryad with a rock through its' head, a pyromaniac pixie sorcerer, and a lich with 300 undead crows. But when I'm teaching I like to stick to the core, plus the Eberron books since that's my favourite setting (can't believe we're getting feckin' Zendikar and Innistrad books before actual D&D settings, *grumble grumble*).

I really do miss the creative side of it though. Writing and the Tubes are okay sometimes but it's not the same. RPGing satisifies me for both the fluff of the plot and the crunch of game mechanics and DA NUMBERZ. Making characters for Mutants & Mastermind 2nd Ed kept me sane during dark times. The best campaign I ever GMed was the kitchen sink superhero game I ran for around 3.5 years. It was about a team of teen heroes called the Champions (I borrowed characters from pretty much every superhero setting and many others but I really like the Hero System-verse so the name stuck), which makes the new series doubly funny to me.

I miss playing even more, but I never get to play. Comics definitely informed my RPing though. The first two characters I made in Savage Worlds were Deadpool and Spider-Man 2099, the latter mixed with House MD because I was crazy into that show.

I miss playing even more, but I never get to play. Comics definitely informed my RPing though. The first two characters I made in Savage Worlds were Deadpool and Spider-Man 2099, the latter mixed with House MD because I was crazy into that show.

So was Messi, but for altogether different reasons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its ridiculous how hot it is here right now. Its 4:45am I shouldn't be sweating like im in a fucking sauna. Fuck this heat.

Bii

I want to try D&D one of these days. I think I could get a core group of family/friends to try it.

So I finally finished watching Daredevil Season 2. I liked it but what's up with the show "downgrading" his abilities? There was a scene in one of the latter episodes where he had trouble detecting the Hand because they weren't using their weapons any longer. Bullshit. Daredevil doesn't need to rely on his listening but could have used his 3D sense or whatever it's called.

Sandfox

I want to try D&D one of these days. I think I could get a core group of family/friends to try it.

So I finally finished watching Daredevil Season 2. I liked it but what's up with the show "downgrading" his abilities? There was a scene in one of the latter episodes where he had trouble detecting the Hand because they weren't using their weapons any longer. Bullshit. Daredevil doesn't need to rely on his listening but could have used his 3D sense or whatever it's called.

It's been a while, but I don't think that's how his powers work in the MCU.

There has to be some stories about her being a diva at G4. She was on the Daily Show, how?

She didn't really get mainstream until after G4 went under or was absorbed by Esquire or whatever the fuck happened to that network. She was one of the survivors clinging to the wreckage when G4 sank like the Titanic.

Duress

Annihilation is pretty self contained in the trades right? I picked up the second and third book on the comixology bogo.

Top Bottom