• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

I haven't read XXXombies but it can't be worse than when Remender wrote a series for everyone's favourite G.I. Joe knockoffs, the Corps:

Corps02.jpg

ComicsAlliance's write up

I spent actual money on that comic.

Yea just checked cmx prices this is the most effiecnet way.

Freeza should of picked it up when DC had that buy one get one free on trades

But then I would have had to get another omnibus. Ain't no one got space for that.

When is that Dark Horse Overwatch book coming out?

Are they putting out a basic trade or a Library Edition deal like they did with the Valve book?

I spent actual money on that comic.

What on Earth is that?

What on Earth is that?

It was what the poor kids got instead of G.I. Joe.

I had an astronaut set as a kid because they kinda looked like the Putty Patrol. I had not developed my crippling weakness for toys being in scale yet though.

I hope the Overwatch book is Library, they may not do that though because I think the World of Warcraft Chronicle series is already in that format. Those aren't really comics though.

I hope the Overwatch book is Library, they may not do that though because I think the World of Warcraft Chronicle series is already in that format. Those aren't really comics though.

How many pages are we talking, total? The Valve book was only about 200 pages and that got a Library Edition size.

How many pages are we talking, total? The Valve book was only about 200 pages and that got a Library Edition size.

Chronicle Volume 1 is 184 pages.

First Strike is 100 according to the SDCC panel, but that may just be First Strike on its' own. With the other strips it'd be getting close to Chronicle size.

Chronicle Volume 1 is 184 pages.

First Strike is 100 according to the SDCC panel, but that may just be First Strike on its' own. With the other strips it'd be getting close to Chronicle size.

Then I'd be surprised if they didn't give it a big hardcover. Maybe build a little video game tie-in brand.

Boogiepop

So wait, is the female Thor oversized hardcover out next week, meaning everything up until Mighty Thor is collected for that run? So should I be good to grab those three and then pick up what's out of Mighty Thor on Comixology? Also, does it stay great throughout? I've read the contents of the first OHC worth but no more.

So wait, is the female Thor oversized hardcover out next week, meaning everything up until Mighty Thor is collected for that run? So should I be good to grab those three and then pick up what's out of Mighty Thor on Comixology? Also, does it stay great throughout? I've read the contents of the first OHC worth but no more.

That's correct about the HCs, I ordered the three OHC myself during the week and the mighty thor premiere hc. I've yet to read any of the femthor stuff, but by all accounts it's remained a top tier book. Can't wait to get through it and to read the earlier stuff in those nice big hardcovers.

The only thing not collected but not exactly part of the run is thors, you might want to grab that too.

Boogiepop

That's correct about the HCs, I ordered the three OHC myself during the week and the mighty thor premiere hc. I've yet to read any of the femthor stuff, but by all accounts it's remained a top tier book. Can't wait to get through it and to read the earlier stuff in those nice big hardcovers.

The only thing not collected but not exactly part of the run is thors, you might want to grab that too.

Thanks! Sounds like I've got a plan, then!

Also, what's the older Thor run that people really love again, btw?

How is the Rebirth Flash stuff so far? I want to pick up some more DC stuff and Flash seems a good shout. Should I get caught up on that or get something else off of CMX? I have The Return of Barry Allen by Waid but that's pretty much it.

Boogiepop

Fraction's run :^)

Edit: You have a TMNT avatar so I'll leave you alone, it's Simonson's.

Simonson is the old one everyone loves
Thanks guys, thinking I'm going to grab that on Comixology as well.
Sonic Herooooooooeeess!

That... was not a good game. Not at all the worst of them (which I know first hand by playing through the entire series due to a perverse appreciation of the terrible), but still a very much not good game.

Messi

85zd8rT.png

"My dad is cooler than your dad."

I know 50 is gonna get shit for this photo but I think it was pretty damn cool of him to dress up as one of the Titans for his kids birthday. He could easily have hired actors to play them but chose to do it himself. Awesome parenting.

You know what still bothers me? Vol 1 of Batgirl and Grayson had hardcovers and they released at the same time as the softcovers. Vol 2 onwards there are no hardcovers. Like an idiot I bought the hardcovers as I love hardcovers. I am now stuck having hardcovers and paperbacks if I want the rest so I have decided not to buy the paperbacks. At least in the Batwoman's case the good part of the series got hardcovers (until JH and Blackman left)

You know what still bothers me? Vol 1 of Batgirl and Grayson had hardcovers and they released at the same time as the softcovers. Vol 2 onwards there are no hardcovers. Like an idiot I bought the hardcovers as I love hardcovers. I am now stuck having hardcovers and paperbacks if I want the rest so I have decided not to buy the paperbacks. At least in the Batwoman's case the good part of the series got hardcovers (until JH and Blackman left)

Are you sure? I know they released both formats at once with Batgirl, but I don't remember that being the case with Grayson as well.

Messi

Are you sure? I know they released both formats at once with Batgirl, but I don't remember that being the case with Grayson as well.

Grayson has a hardcover at the very least. Vol 2 originally was solicited as having a hardcover and it just vanished one day. I hate them for this. If I had known I would have bought the paperback. Their loss I suppose.

Grayson has a hardcover at the very least. Vol 2 originally was solicited as having a hardcover and it just vanished one day. I hate them for this. If I had known I would have bought the paperback. Their loss I suppose.

Teen Titans with Rocafort was originally gonna have a hardcover.

Yeah, I know they cut out the Grayson hardcovers after the first. But Batgirl was the only one where the HC and the TPB had a simultaneous release. I hate when they won't finish a run in the same format.

VanWinkle

Grayson was hardcover first.

Still, terrible move on DC for releasing hardcover volume ones for those two books and trade paperback from volume two on. Those are the only ones I know of like that for N52.

Grayson was hardcover first.

Still, terrible move on DC for releasing hardcover volume ones for those two books and trade paperback from volume two on. Those are the only ones I know of like that for N52.

I noooooooooo.

Grayson Vol.1 got the traditional HC release, then the TPB. Vol.2 only came out in TPB.

Batgirl Vol.1 came out in HC and TPB on the same day, which was odd.

DC has a habit of changing their minds on format midway through a series. It probably has something to do with sales numbers.

Messi

I noooooooooo.

Grayson Vol.1 got the traditional HC release, then the TPB. Vol.2 only came out in TPB.

Batgirl Vol.1 came out in HC and TPB on the same day, which was odd.

DC has a habit of changing their minds on format midway through a series. It probably has something to do with sales numbers.

It is absolutely sales

Top Bottom