• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Rooster12

Amazing Spider-Man #7 was as disinteresting as a Green Party Town Hall, these are just incredibly bad arcs coming out of Marvel All New All Now. Mister Negative with a drug that makes people AXIS tie-ins, how can anyone turn that down?

Mister Negative is still alive huh.....lol wow.

It was so long ago I don't even remember. I don't think it was really anything approaching a resolution, though. So I guess Fraction came down with Kurtis Wiebe syndrome.

Haha don't get me started on that guy. Announced green wake has become an ongoing, cancels it 5 minutes later, posts a lore info dump on his website. The end. Good comics.

frye

YRZLkFC.gif

this is a pretty shit thing to post man

So did you guys say one of the Xmen titles running right now is good? Or was it just maybe readable?
All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are dope as fuck as far as solos go. As far as team books, I really like Extraordinary X-Men. X-Men '92 is solid, but ever since the Battleworld book I've felt it's overstayed its welcome. All-New X-Men is okay. The drama isn't terribly great, but it has a shinjng issue here and there (the latest one, for example). Uncanny X-Men is bad comics. The Civil War 2 mini has been solid so far

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dunno, I take any only ok cape book from the big two that gets a resolution, even when its rushed over any amazing Creator owned book that just ends suddently at some point ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Zombine

Banned
Anyone interested in a complete set of Like New (unread) Gotham Central TPB's? I have the Omni so I have no use for these anymore. I'd legit be happy with like $25-30 for the lot. Not gonna bother piecing them out.

Edit: to put it into perspective, they're $15 a book and the Omni is $70.

Anyone interested in a complete set of Like New (unread) Gotham Central TPB's? I have the Omni so I have no use for these anymore. I'd legit be happy with like $25-30 for the lot. Not gonna bother piecing them out.

Fantastic series, someone should just on this while it's hot.

I so would if the shipping from America to Ireland wouldn't be so crazy.

Messi

Doesn't seem like it at this point. Nothing in the solicits for a while now.

Is Mr. DeConnick working on any other books right now?

This is the real shit post on this page considering Freeza's previous comment about Kelly Sue and Matt Fraction. I see you Freeza.

Messi

Keep in mind Zombine doesn't have book shelves. He stores his tpbs on the floor. These have likely been on that floor for months.

Terminator buck in winter soldier is good but looking forward to seeing him as an actual character in civil war. Does agent 13 actually get some screen time in civil war?

Bleh, getting to the Secret Wars stuff in Claremont's XMen and NM stuff has dropped my interest considerably for whatever reason. Also probably because this is the only series I've read really heavily the past few months.

Magik is the best character btw.

Also watched Iron Man for the first time in years as part of my journey through the MCU again. Honestly the movie is ridiculously average minus RDJ, he deserves every cent he gets. Though it's amusing seeing where the MCU has gone considering this movie has loads of licensed hard rock music and Tony murdering the fuck out of terrorists. I mean damn.

That's not Agent 13. You're talking about Maria Hill, who is not in CW.

Nono. I was talking about agent 13. Then after the answer I got I moved on to Hill. I'm just typing what I'm seeing on the screen haha sorry if that was unclear. I'm a huge cap bru run fan, I'd never confuse the two haha.

Not the clearest image but some concept stuff Babs Tarr did for motorcrush. From the baltimore thing going on

Image-21-e1472926223366-600x447.jpg

I totally forgot that was even a thing. Like what I see so far.

It looks awesome. If it holds its originally schedule, it would be in image's next solicits for December, guess we'll see.

Although discussing batgirl a few days ago a fair few didn't seem keen on cameron stewart, and it's the same team.

Messi

The floor is the largest shelf of all.

giphy.gif

Why Messi, what ever do you mean?

What a monster.

You know what I mean. I see you.

It looks awesome. If it holds its originally schedule, it would be in image's next solicits for December, guess we'll see.

Although discussing batgirl a few days ago a fair few didn't seem keen on cameron stewart, and it's the same team.

Older man tries to write younger female characters. Tries to be hip. Fails.

Babs is legit tho.

Older man tries to write younger female characters. Tries to be hip. Fails.

Babs is legit tho.

Haha yea I think that was the jist of it. I really can't say any of the language or whatever used in the book was too cringe personally (I've only read the first vol). I really liked the vibe of the books and the plot ideas using modern social stuff and dating apps etc, it all seemed feasible from the standpoint of the way a lot of people I know are using social media and tindr and speaking in hashtags haha. But I appreciate we all have different views on that.

And yea, regardless of the writing, fantastic art.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man, The Fade Out. Talk about nailing the feeling of a time period perfectly. Only a few issues in, but loving it immensely so far.

Man, The Fade Out. Talk about nailing the feeling of a time period perfectly. Only a few issues in, but loving it immensely so far.

Yes! Absolutely brilliant. I really didn't k ow a lot about the Hollywood witch hunt until I read the book and did further reading, but the art is incredible at nailing the time period a lot of great little details. Have you.got the whole thing there?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes! Absolutely brilliant. I really didn't k ow a lot about the Hollywood witch hunt until I read the book and did further reading, but the art is incredible at nailing the time period a lot of great little details. Have you.got the whole thing there?

Yeah I got the entire series, comixology sale a while ago. Learned about the blacklist in a film class years ago, but forgot most of it. I've also read some of the articles in each issue, interesting stuff there, like the story of Fatty Arbuckle.

Really need to read more Brubaker. Fatale and Velvet are also on the list, and I actuallly have Gotham Central complete on my iPad.

Really need to read more Brubaker. Fatale and Velvet are also on the list, and I actuallly have Gotham Central complete on my iPad.

All those are brilliant. I would actually put forward Criminal as his absolute best work. I think the longer form he goes, the more chance his stories have to spiral. Criminal is mini series long stories all set in a shared world as such, and they are all absolutely brilliant, and very close to the fade out, but with different era influences.

Really like fatale but as I mentioned , I think it goes a little too long. Bru is great at ratcheting up the tension, but you sustain it too long and it goes, whether the writer says it's still there or not.

Velvet is awesome and has all the best elements of his cap stuff mixed with bond. Will be interesting to see how it pans out as it has a longer run planned I think.

Fantastic writer, you can't really go wrong. I think the only thing I'm not too hot on by him is incognito.

Top Bottom