• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Messi

I would say a third of it, based on trades. Vol. 1&2 were great a.k.a. The Upchurch and Seijic stuff. The Fowler stuff was shaky, but mostly bad with a few shining moments, like the Braga one-shot.

Sure. The hardcover collects all that is good including the braga one shot.

Messi

I understand that, and that's totally fine. But I mean, I'm sure lots of things you consume (games, movies, etc.) were made in part by horrible people, you just don't hear about their misdeeds.

Sure. I don't knowingly support rapists. If I found out I was indirectly I would stop that.

Finished Secret Warriors: The Complete Collection Vol. 1. A lot of fun. Great art, completely captivating plot, if a bit predictable at some points. And I LOVE the wargames. So awesome. Only problem is that I don't really care as much about Fury's CATERPILLAR team as I think I'm supposed to. Daisy and Eden are alright. Alexander, Yo-yo, and Jerry are all my jam. I don't really care about J.T. though, and I care even less for Sebastian.

Can't wait to read the rest

Finished Secret Warriors: The Complete Collection Vol. 1. A lot of fun. Great art, completely captivating plot, if a bit predictable at some points. And I LOVE the wargames. So awesome. Only problem is that I don't really care about Fury's CATERPILLAR team. Daisy's solid, and Alexander, Eden, Yo-yo, and Jerry are all my jam. But I don't really care about J.T. and I care even less for Sebastian.

Can't wait to read the rest

yaaay. Yea, really good comic, jealous man :) I wouldn't mind going through it again fresh ahah. I still have a lot of hickman's FF unread so that's my ace in the hole for when I need a really decent marvel run. You got the rest handy?

RE: the Bru Cap run. It's really great, a lot of the tone from the Cap movies is cribbed from there, and some plot points obviously. Lots of other stuff not in there especially as it focused more on Bucky later. You get some good Nick stuff too. Well worth a look down the line. Even just the Winter Soldier series as a smaller thing was great.

yaaay. Yea, really good comic, jealous man :) I wouldn't mind going through it again fresh ahah. I still have a lot of hickman's FF unread so that's my ace in the hole for when I need a really decent marvel run. You got the rest handy?

RE: the Bru Cap run. It's really great, a lot of the tone from the Cap movies is cribbed from there, and some plot points obviously. Lots of other stuff not in there especially as it focused more on Bucky later. You get some good Nick stuff too. Well worth a look down the line. Even just the Winter Soldier series as a smaller thing was great.

Sadly I don't have the rest handy. It's at my LCS, so I'm gonna try to pick it up ASAP.

Aceun

After finally reading the newest Moon Knight series, I almost wish there was an old school Nolan style film version of it (more Memento, less Inception)

I need to do a lot of reading of previous Moon Knight stories though, cuz I was honestly just there for the ride. I barely had any idea what was what.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That's a shame. Dating back to the 10th post this thread, you've been saying Monday. I think we've all been tracking that.

I'm out, so the Flow can be back in and complete the league.

no, you're right - it booked Yahoo Monday for the 12th, not the 6th (which i thought it was set to). i didn't notice until like an hour ago, by which point tonight's times was all booked up.

i'm real sorry guys

no, you're right - it booked Yahoo Monday for the 12th, not the 6th (which i thought it was set to). i didn't notice until like an hour ago, by which point tonight's times was all booked up.

i'm real sorry guys

It's all cool on my end. I didn't even notice the date was off.

Sadly I don't have the rest handy. It's at my LCS, so I'm gonna try to pick it up ASAP.

Haha definitely, you probably want to hunt down the actual SHIELD series he did too, I think Freeza mentioned earlier. You don't have to but it has a nice sitting point between his other works that enhance things.

What is even going on there. It's like hickman and weaver keep claiming they've did their end of the work but no final issues?

From what I understand, yeah. Everything is done, just waiting on Marvel to actually publish the stuff. They're definitely going to reprint the entire run, I'm sure.

Sandfox

My MU slate is empty right now so I'm thinking of just reading X-Men starting from Claremont's run as a long term project. I kinda want to do the same for FF and ASM as well, so I may combine it into one big thing that will probably take me forever to complete lol.

i'm real sorry guys

No hard feelings, mistakes happen. I can't draft until late Pacific time during the week, so no way for me to participate before the season starts. I dropped my team out, hopefully there numbers are still balanced for the league.

Ponn

Banned
I just don't understand what Damian did to people to deserve so much hate against him. He can't help it if he's just that good at being a badass little kid.

I just don't understand what Damian did to people to deserve so much hate against him. He can't help it if he's just that good at being a badass little kid.

I like Damian, but he's a complete mess. Different writers handle him so differently from one another and it makes it a mess to pin him down. He ranges from cocky little bastard to whiny brat, and everything in between. You're left with a Robin who is a 1%er douche in one scene, and a cow-loving Vegan in the next.

Also, I'm pretty sure he'd vote Trump if he could.

Omega Men is sold out on Amazon. You have to buy it from a third party until they get new stock. I think that's a good sign it's selling well.

Ross61

I like Damian, but he's a complete mess. Different writers handle him so differently from one another and it makes it a mess to pin him down. He ranges from cocky little bastard to whiny brat, and everything in between. You're left with a Robin who is a 1%er douche in one scene, and a cow-loving Vegan in the next.

Also, I'm pretty sure he'd vote Trump if he could.
I don't think he'd vote at all if he could. The only depictions I care for are Morrison's and Tomasi/Gleason. Anything else and he's just completely insufferable. Hope Percy gets it right.

Top Bottom