• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Man, I don't get those things at all. Have you been reading Marvel's Tsum Tsum mini?

Haha I don't really get them either, I just know I gave to my girlfriend my old comic book case and now it's full of tsum tsum

LOL no, how do you even tell a story about tsum tsum. It's like giving lore to jenga.

Donnie, worry not, I'm starting Scalped soon =P

Haha I'm worrying for your brains after you read the last page of #1 and they blow out mang!!

Dr. Strange 2: Still really digging this. Strange is honestly a bit like a mix of what I expected, and if tony stark was Dr Strange, there is a little bit of a mystical iron man vibe. I expected the character to be shrewd but not necessarily so suave. Not complaining though. I like the little mentions of all the ailments he has by the spirit nurse types and how he just shrugs it off quickly, it makes me wonder how much of what I've seen so far is just a front. I get the feeling Aaron is going to break him regardless.

The issue really just continued to show Stephens world, this time the house, but using a typical drop in to the bleeker house surgery was a really nice way of doing it without being super expositiony. Aaron seems to have taken some time to build out a rhythm and a flow to magic works in Dr Strange 's world and I like how there a lot of parallels to biology, strengthening why a former surgeon is so well suited to the job. There's a logic to the world so far that's really satisfying.

Also, bit at the end, furthering the main plot:
We'll have to burn it out of them all
. Quite a chilling moment, along with the state of the sorcerer form the previous issue and the colours, it's this tone I'm really hoping Aaron singles in on as it goes further. Lots of bravado from Stephen about the things he deals with and a bit of flippancy when he talks about it, but you see the edges of how sinister and dark the magical world really is and probably how tormented Strange really is too.

Hagi

Jeez dumped out £50 on tsum tsums for girlfriend and the little guy over the last 24 hours. Guess those image books will be next week then haha. And I thought our hobby was expensive.

Those things are crazy my girlfriend has got quite a collection now. I have some of the smaller start wars sets and a giant Jabba the Hut. I dread to think what our house is going to look like when we finally get a mortgage lol

Happy to see some Secret Warriors love, that book is truly something special.

Scalped, #1
Yea..... I shouldn't have read this before going out. Now I have to wait.

This is giving me a lot of vibes similar to The Shield. And I consider that one of the best shows ever. I almost thought the ending would be similar to Shield's first ep. twist. Boy am I glad to be wrong.

So what's the deal with Mosaic? I didn't really know much about him but downloaded the prelude or whatever it was and I'm curious to what his book will be like. Is he a villain type or anti-hero? It'd be hard to paint him as much else with his type of power I would think. The power and possibility of an anti-hero has me interested, but this prelude was just kind of meh.

Also read the last Amazing Spider-Man. I really liked it and have been really liking this start of the arc, but I didn't really like it mainly following Prowler the entire issue. If it wanted to go for this weird non Peter issue I would have rather them follow
Shocker's girlfriend to see her become a villain and everything along with that.

As for the last Deadpool, I really hope the mercs for money are done at this point. I can't believe two of these guys are getting their own book. They really wore thing pretty damn fast. I liked them at the start when they were being dumb versions of Deadpool but then they just became themselves and I realized I didn't give a shit about any of them.

Those things are crazy my girlfriend has got quite a collection now. I have some of the smaller start wars sets and a giant Jabba the Hut. I dread to think what our house is going to look like when we finally get a mortgage lol .

Ah christ, I feel your pain. Today the villians came out haha. She had provide dme with a list in advance, order of what was most important....I hadn't actually said I'd buy any hahaha. I hate buying her stuff and leaving the boy out so I got him antman and black panther, those are cool. Haha I think we have a boba fett around here somewhere!

Scalped, #1
Yea..... I shouldn't have read this before going out. Now I have to wait.

This is giving me a lot of vibes similar to The Shield. And I consider that one of the best shows ever. I almost thought the ending would be similar to Shield's first ep. twist. Boy am I glad to be wrong.

Ho ho! I love the shield man. You're going to enjoy this then, the levels of corruption going on in this book hahaha. Glad you managed to read it without spoilers. I had NO idea about the ending and it's basically the premise of the book hahah one of the best moments of turning a book on its head before it's even got going. And so it begins..

Sandfox

So what's the deal with Mosaic? I didn't really know much about him but downloaded the prelude or whatever it was and I'm curious to what his book will be like. Is he a villain type or anti-hero? It'd be hard to paint him as much else with his type of power I would think. The power and possibility of an anti-hero has me interested, but this prelude was just kind of meh.

Also read the last Amazing Spider-Man. I really liked it and have been really liking this start of the arc, but I didn't really like it mainly following Prowler the entire issue. If it wanted to go for this weird non Peter issue I would have rather them follow
Shocker's girlfriend to see her become a villain and everything along with that.

As for the last Deadpool, I really hope the mercs for money are done at this point. I can't believe two of these guys are getting their own book. They really wore thing pretty damn fast. I liked them at the start when they were being dumb versions of Deadpool but then they just became themselves and I realized I didn't give a shit about any of them.

Mosaic is starting off as an anti-hero

The latest issue of ASM was setting up the first issue of Prowlers ongoing

The Mercs for Money are being replaced with a new team lead by Domino

Those things are crazy my girlfriend has got quite a collection now. I have some of the smaller start wars sets and a giant Jabba the Hut. I dread to think what our house is going to look like when we finally get a mortgage lol

Happy to see some Secret Warriors love, that book is truly something special.

Ha ha, They're worse than POPs.

Nothing is worse than POPs

I think Great Lakes Avengers and Champions have been the only Marvel Now announcements that have got me really interested. Champions I've wanted instantly ever since the tease.

The view in front of me as I read Dr Strange....and there's more coming. I could write a tsum tsum horror book.

tsumgnjjq.jpg

Sandfox

Aren't Slapstick and Foolkiller getting their own books?

I don't even know what Marvel is doing anymore lol

Slapstick is an infinite comic and is written by Fred Van Lente so it should be good and have low expectations from Marvel. Max Bermis is a good fit for Foolkiller, but I'm not expecting much from it.

When does this stuff become avaiable for preorder? I thought October is the big relaunch month?
The new stuff is already available for preorder.

Slapstick was once on the New Warriors, right?
Yes.

The view in front of me as I read Dr Strange....and there's more coming. I could write a tsum tsum horror book.

It makes it creepier when they're all presented sideways.

Slapstick is an infinite comic and is written by Fred Van Lente so it should be good and have low expectations from Marvel. Max Bermis is a good fit for Foolkiller, but I'm not expecting much from it.

The new stuff is already available for preorder

I just mean the idea of there being no mutant books, no Fantastic 4, but Foolkiller and Slapstick have a book. Prowler is getting a book. And just about every character in Marvel is on about 2 team-up books along with team up books you'd never even think to see. It's all just so strange.

Sandfox

It makes it creepier when they're all presented sideways.

I just mean the idea of there being no mutant books, no Fantastic 4, but Foolkiller and Slapstick have a book. Prowler is getting a book. And just about every character in Marvel is on about 2 team-up books along with team up books you'd never even think to see. It's all just so strange.

Mutant books are still around and I think the only person on multiple teams right now are ironically young Cyclops and Johnny Storm. Those other characters you mentioned are Marvel trying to spin those characters out of their biggest books and hoping it works(it won't) lol.

Please tell me you have a son or daughter.

Lol. We do have a boy, I wish I could push these off on him...no, this is how my partner chooses to decorate the bedroom haha. They're hers :L The boys are all marvel and are strewn around his room in corners I'd prefer not to look at for too long for fear of what I might find.

The new stuff is already available for preorder.

Yes.
Were we told this in the initial announcement?

Mutant books are still around and I think the only person on multiple teams right now are ironically young Cyclops and Johnny Storm. Those other characters you mentioned are Marvel trying to spin those characters out of their biggest books and hoping it works(it won't) lol.

Yeah, I guess I exaggerated, but I guess I mean just how many team up books there are and how many of them just have so obscure of characters. I'm just waiting for the Wolverines team up book(already happened I think).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, I guess I exaggerated, but I guess I mean just how many team up books there are and how many of them just have so obscure of characters. I'm just waiting for the Wolverines team up book(already happened I think).

Yeah, remember when Marvel wanted to make Wolverines a thing? *lol*

God damn. I won't write too big a thing since I've wrote a breakdown or two already today, but finished the first volume of Dr. Strange. Absolutely fantastic, especially the last issue, #5. As magic is stripped from the world, seeing the layers peeled back on Stephen and the sacrifies he's made to save the world time and time again, the horrors those closest to him have commited to keep him in the world to do the job given to him, just great work. Seeing the different sorcerers raise arms as well, the arrival of the empirikul. Just brilliant, and so much more that isn't even touched.
what IS in the cellar then? Haha.

A great introduction to the sorcerer supreme that really puts him, his cast, his world and how it works on the table as a compelling thing worth reading about whilst building a real mythology around it all. Top stuff, would recommend to anyone who likes supernatural, a touch of horror, flawed characters. The writing style is different but I could see fans of Hellboy/BPRd digging things, certain things in common. Bachalo is great too, same strengths and weaknesses but no denying his style is well suited.

Of course it will be. gotta get that $6/month. DC said they were better than Marvel, but THEY LIED.

Also, I may be getting rid of WW soon. Or at least this boring-ass origin arc.

I've dumped the WW origin arc, and I'm getting close to dropping the book entirely. It's whatever.

DC Rebirth: It's Whatever.

I've dumped the WW origin arc, and I'm getting close to dropping the book entirely. It's whatever.

DC Rebirth: It's Whatever.

Are they wiping azarellos run with this or are they just navigating around it? I suppose azzarellos additions to the origins more dances around stuff than contradict any of it when I think about it.

Are they wiping azarellos run with this or are they just navigating around it? I suppose azzarellos additions to the origins more dances around stuff than contradict any of it when I think about it.

It's not really negating anything from what I know of. The way it's doing it is basically saying it all could have happened as long as you understand not all of it happened because some of it is lies.

Just saw a pic of the Plutona hardcover on twitter....

Dam, that's nice. I haven't got the paperback yet so maybe I'll go with this. Was really tempted to upgrade to the HC of the underwater welder that came out recently. Why can't they do HC first haha.

It's not really negating anything from what I know of. The way it's doing it is basically saying it all could have happened as long as you understand not all of it happened because some of it is lies.

..........exactly how Azzarello did it then XDXD a whole lot of lies being told. Poor Diana.

shingi70

Banned
Giving a more mature Spider-man a sidekick iant inherently a bad thing, the problem is Alpha just sucked and was a bad fit for Peter.

The best way to do it is too have so.eline like Kamela or Miles, or someone who has the venom.symboite.

Anything added to the force Awakens Comic adaption?

Top Bottom