• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

secretwarriors93.jpg

Holy shit, reading the new brubaker newsletter, I had NO idea those criminal one shots were getting collected into a criminal vol.7 soon. Like the locke and key one shots being a trade waiter means accepting you will wait a long time for this kind of stuff. That's awesome though. It's going to bug me though, I have all the icon editions of criminal and the new trade dress style is very different haha.

He also implies there may be some.sort of Velvet adaptation announcement soon? That would be cool but he speaks about previously trying to sell it to NBC. If it gets adapted at all, I'd prefer a network like Fx to do it, something like the Americans.

Also sat and read (radioactive?) Spider-Gwen 1-3, still really enjoying it. I love how it takes different characters and turns them.on their head. It's often not just making x character a good guy instead do a villain either but modernising roles like Cap, and so on. It wouldn't work though if not for how well Latour scripts a spider style heroine and Rodriguez' kinect art. The arc before SW was a bit more just a tale in the world, this one feels more spider lore, but it could be about anything tbh because of how fun the team make it read. I would read an issue of band rehearsal for this book. Also fun cameo by Jessica Drew for an issue. Latour is a really snappy writer, I love the talk they have, and what Jessica says about the life 616 Gwen was robbed of is really spot on. I like how Latour is constantly building the cast in the background too, not just on gwen's friends side, but the cops and mafia 's side, even if they aren't all ready to intersect with Gwen yet.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Haha in saga, I didn't consider at the end of volume 5,
Hazel is obviously in the classroom with guards but I didn't really think about/pay attention to the fact all the other kids are in similar captivity and thus may also be children of inter species birth too!

Hey, junior, I told you that interpretation! [citation needed] :)

And I read the spoiler! I just fucking ruined Lazarus for myself, didn't I?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Aquaman #6
Batman #6
Green Arrow #6
Justice League #4
Nightwing #4
Supergirl #1
Superman #6

Paper Girls #9
Walking Dead #158

All New All Different Avengers #14
Daredevil #11
Doctor Strange #11
Invincible Iron Man #13
Moon Knight #6
Squadron Supreme #11
Star Wars Poe Dameron #6
Uncanny X-Men #12

Holy shit, reading the new brubaker newsletter, I had NO idea those criminal one shots were getting collected into a criminal vol.7 soon. Like the locke and key one shots being a trade waiter means accepting you will wait a long time for this kind of stuff. That's awesome though. It's going to bug me though, I have all the icon editions of criminal and the new trade dress style is very different haha.

What's this about locke and key one shots bring a trade?
I recently finished vol 6 and haven't read anything else.

What's this about locke and key one shots bring a trade?
I recently finished vol 6 and haven't read anything else.

Haha, that was just the other example I could think of. There is a series of one shots Hill & Rodriguez have did/are doing, and when there is enough, they will be put into trade. But of course, until there is actually a trades worth, it's the waiting game haha. There was Open The Moon, Grindhouse and this winter there will be one called Small World. I'm not sure how many more are planned though or the lengths of those three, so could still be awhile, or they might trade them after that.

Oh yea, just for more context, the one shots basically concern past residents of Locke house and some other keys we didn't get in the main story :)

Ha.Ha.Ha. And no clue, man.

Haha, well still, sorry man, even if it was spoiler tagged, it's no fun seeing stuff. Which one did you see?

TheFlow

Banned
I think I am going to skip tomorrow releases so I can read more of the stuff I am behind on.

reading stuff in volumes is so much better for me

Not blaming anyone. My own fault... the lazarus spoiler. Book wasn't on my radar anyway...

Well I've went back and tried to denote them more anyway, just for sure. I will say though a) the book is fantastic and the writing/art are its strengths. The plot is very engaging but you can't spoil good character work, good art, good dialogue, an interesting world. There's so much more :) and b) I won't bald face lie that its not a big deal, but at least, there are a lot of twists and turns on the road outside of this one.

Lazarus is too good to be ruined.

Brian always saying what takes me a paragraph in a sentence.

Making this thread reminded of the good old days when writers would plot for the long game or would work what previous writers was doing into their run

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274640

quoting what I said in that thread:

ya know that post-Byrne Superman gets a lot of shit cuz Death of Superman, mullet, electric blue...but the fact of the matter is that across 3 different monthly books(the Triangle Era) with different creative teams, they ran a really tight ship on continuity. All those stories "mattered", going forward and going back carrying sub-plots and characterizations and previous stories along, from 1986 until around the second "reboot" led by Jeph Loeb, Joe Kelly, and Joe Casey. It had stories like the one in the OP all the time. They were all chapters in one long Superman novel.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Tonight's the (actual) draft - sorry again about the mix up, Tragicomedy.

Did anyone else drop out of the league? How are we down to 7?

I really screwed this thing up huh

I really want to read Lazarus, but I feel like it'll make more sense when read start to finish. Seems like a big, dense world they're creating over there.

Holy shit, reading the new brubaker newsletter, I had NO idea those criminal one shots were getting collected into a criminal vol.7 soon.

You should try reading solicits sometime m8. kekekekekeke

And I read the spoiler! I just fucking ruined Lazarus for myself, didn't I?

Nah. Lazarus is amazing. It's not just the plot. It's the characters, the world-building, the writing, the art, everything.

I really want to read Lazarus, but I feel like it'll make more sense when read start to finish. Seems like a big, dense world they're creating over there.

You want to wait until the book is done so you can ask yourself why the fuck you didn't read it years ago?

Which writer in games would you want to write a Marvel or DC character?

Kojima on Captain America.

Well, the Hydra plot does make Cap seem like Snake Eater, doesn't it?

You should try reading solicits sometime m8. kekekekekeke

I expect you guys to catch me on this shit!

I wanted to say Druckman but couldnt imagine a fitting book :/

Haha

It's okay. Almsot nothing happens.

Which writer in games would you want to write a Marvel or DC character?

NOT the guy who wrote Arkham Knight on Batman ,that's for sure.

My library has the first two TPB of Lazarus so I'll check it out.
And I haven't read the book, but damn does the title obviously spoil the spoiler?

lol i dont want to dig this hole any deeper
Book is really really good though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Remember when it was super obivious after 3 minutes who thr Arkham Knight was and they lied that its a totally new character?

What a giant piece of software shit. At least it woke my interest in Professor Pyg and let me bought Batman and Robin.

Top Bottom