• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I would rather read the byproducts of what is produced by the infinite monkey theorem than read anything by Kojima.

King's Vision is excellent stuff.

Couldn't possibly do worse.

Mac Walters is the perfect example of a writer whose work is the definition of middling.

King's Vision is excellent stuff.

Vision is probably the best thing Marvel has put out in some time.

Put the Deadly Premonition dude on a Dr Strange story with full creative freedom.

Marvel would never bite on that. Where full creative freedom is concerned, it's only a matter of time until the spectral dildos come out.

Rhianna Pratchett can write Wonder Woman and really make us want to take care of her.

DC would have to do something drastically different with Wonder Woman at this point to make me interested again.

wonderwoman-robertvalley.jpg

Dan Slott is the modern Kurt Buisek

Modern day Chris Claremont.
A modern day Geoff Johns
hehehehehehehehehe
Remember when it was super obivious after 3 minutes who thr Arkham Knight was and they lied that its a totally new character?

What a giant piece of software shit. At least it woke my interest in Professor Pyg and let me bought Batman and Robin.

Arkham Knight is an original character.

Tried to spend this book voucher today but the selection in my local book stores is rubbish.

Ended up using it on the Foyles website and ordering:
- Saga Volumes 1 & 2
- Lazarus Volume 1
- Deadly Class Volume 1
- East of West Volume 1

Only read the first issue of each on Comixology so looking forward to them.

Too many hardcore WW fans feel Azzarello "damaged" her image and Rucka is coming in doing "repairs". It feels like Rucka ultimately wants to pass-on writing duties after this origin and Cheetah story cuz him writing WW has to be the most easiest job.

Tried to spend this book voucher today but the selection in my local book stores is rubbish.

- Saga Volumes 1 & 2
- Lazarus Volume 1
- Deadly Class Volume 1
- East of West Volume 1

Wow two of my three favourite books in there, and the other two aren't far behind. Fantastic haul there man, can't complain.

Also plsplspls don't read any lazarus spoilers. We're having issues in here tonight

Too many hardcore WW fans feel Azzarello "damaged" her image and Rucka is coming in doing "repairs". It feels like Rucka ultimately wants to pass-on writing duties after this origin and Cheetah story cuz him writing WW has to be the most easiest job.

They can fuck off. Azzarello did the first decent Wonder Woman book in ages.

Aceun

Reveling in past glories, that lot. His current run is a boring old origin story and a so-so story with an admittedly bad-ass Cheetah redesign.

Facts. Also, it should have just been two books.

Don't understand why we can have 50 Batman and Superman books, but we can't have two Wonder Women books when it's obviously two distinct stories.

I am enjoying the modern stuff though.

Vibranium

Banned
Kojima on Winter Soldier.

Winter Soldier would be perfect.

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not, but this would legit be amazing. I'll take Kojima's brand of batshit over Kot's any day. Heck, Bucky not talking much would work much better in a comic than a game.

Man, I need to catch up on Dr. Strange and Black Panther. Those Image price increases to $3.99 for some books (Bru and Rucka) really hurts too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

- Saga Volumes 1 & 2
- Lazarus Volume 1
- Deadly Class Volume 1
- East of West Volume 1

Great choices all the way around.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Rebel Jail Arc is really something that I didnt liked in the concept but really enjoy
Edit: Oh shit, the bounty hunter... Its fucking
Boush
?!?

Boogiepop

So there's a New X-men omnibus out today, and I've been waiting on that to replace the trades that I got last year that were such crap and literally falling apart that I found them straight up unacceptable. Does anyone know if this omnibus is fine/doesn't have any major issues, or at least a place where I can find info on that? I'm extra concerned just because I planning on spending this money solely to have a nicer version, so I want to make sure I am indeed upgrading to something acceptable before I pull the trigger...

Top Bottom