• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

you're a flaming skull associated with a DAMN FINE movie to me, BK

giphy.gif

Seeing as how they're putting all the Rebirth one-shots in a stand-alone book and I think the trades be without the Rebirth issues I'd say they're still being pretty stupid about it.

Dude. That is not cool haha. Cheers for letting me know. Guess I'll be missing the rebirth issues then. Pffft.

tim1138

Dude. That is not cool haha. Cheers for letting me know. Guess I'll be missing the rebirth issues then. Pffft.

All the Rebirth one shots will be included in the volume 1 trades. Pretty much every book used the Rebirth issue to start their first arcs, it'd be pretty jarring if they were missing.

I don't completely know if the trades won't have the one-shots in them. That was just my understanding with the stand-alone trade with all the one-shots.

It seems like their thinking is that people will buy the one-shots for Batman or whatever book and may get interested in something else, leading them to buy that other book. That could work, but it's also shitty and...really just shitty.

All the Rebirth one shots will be included in the volume 1 trades. Pretty much every book used the Rebirth issue to start their first arcs, it'd be pretty jarring if they were missing.

See, I should have just looked it up. That was just my thinking going from them making a trade of the one-shots.

Messi

I think I may be out on Paper Girls. Nothing wrong with the book, it's just not for me anymore. I just wanted a book about papergirls getting into normal situations and maybe something little more but the book has gone too wacky for me.

Hows Suicide Squad?
I mean the book.

I've really liked it so far but it's hard to tell being in for so few issues. Even then the last issue was basically a half issue with a different story for the back half. It was a good back half, but still sucks to get half an issue.

It's an omnibus of them. They've also done that for all the #1s for New 52, and Marvel did it for the #1s of Marvel NOW.

Oh :(, I'm kind of new to this whole reading books while trades are coming out. Most of my prior reading was always playing catch up on trades long after or through collections.

Owzers

if i got my name changed to my psn name would I have to start from scratch rebuilding my comics-gaf friendships?

edit: I shouldn't even talk about these things in public, it's very divisive.

I did not plan for this discussion to end up here.

Man, we never have this problem with Psychbat. Psych is down for whatever.

I was thinking about updating mine some time soon, but I've had this forever, since the Abe series started. Not sure I can without risking hell on earth

You could always just make a new Abe avatar. It's not like we'll forget who you are without that avatar.

Okay, we will, but we'll figure it out again soon enough.

DC movie avatars

in 2016

DC movies

in 2016

I think I may be out on Paper Girls. Nothing wrong with the book, it's just not for me anymore. I just wanted a book about papergirls getting into normal situations and maybe something little more but the book has gone too wacky for me.

Messi likes regular girly hijinks, not time travel girly hijinks.

if i got my name changed to my psn name would I have to start from scratch rebuilding my comics-gaf friendships?

Probably.

Wait, wait...

There's another volume of New 52 Batman after Superheavy? Seems like a cash grab to me.

Another TWO. Superheavy is vol. 8, they stretched it to 10.

You could always just make a new Abe avatar. It's not like we'll forget who you are without that avatar.

Okay, we will, but we'll figure it out again soon enough.

I was thinking something thoughtful yet striking though.

donnie-wahlberg-blue-bloods-1-cbs.jpg

So Vol 9 is the second half of Superheavy, and Vol 10 is #51, #52 and some other stuff. Geez. Money money money.

Ah right I only knew the book was called Bloom, not that it was technically part 2 of Superheavy, I guess there is one more after that then! Haven't got around to reading vol. 8 yet, probably get to it over the weekend though.

Reading Black Canary this evening. I reaaally like the art of this book

Ross61

Is Batman #50 the wrap-up of the series? Like, meaning 51 and 52 are one-shots or something?
Yes. 51 is a nice sentimental send off for Snyder and Capullo. Would have been nice to include it, but it wouldn't affect it at all if it wasn't included. 52 is just Tynion showing he can write Batman.

VanWinkle

Yes. 51 is a nice sentimental send off for Snyder and Capullo. Would have been nice to include it, but it wouldn't affect it at all if it wasn't included. 52 is just Tynion showing he can write Batman.

Thanks. I'll probably just read those last two digitally.

saw the Batman/Man from UNCLE HC at $10 on IST just made me disappointed about the Batman 66/Avengers book again, because that book is drawn in the style I wish the latter one was in, where they instead went with like a more realistic vibe and I'm not into it
I wonder why the Rachel Rising omnibus is limited to 1 per customer at IST.

Huh, weird. Maybe it's a limited run and they don't wanna sell out to people trying to flip it

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Awwww Drifter is ending after its next arc. So that means I have 5 issues left to figure out WTF is going on. It's probably for the best though. The book has a real Lost vibe and books with that kind of vibe shouldn't go on forever. **coughcoughMorningGloriescoughcough**

Messi

saw the Batman/Man from UNCLE HC at $10 on IST just made me disappointed about the Batman 66/Avengers book again, because that book is drawn in the style I wish the latter one was in, where they instead went with like a more realistic vibe and I'm not into it

Huh, weird. Maybe it's a limited run and they don't wanna sell out to people trying to flip it

People were flipping them and the black edition. Soft cover is out this month too I believe.

Messi

That Gwen is pretty nice. I just got the Spider-Gwen bishoujo last week, though. So no need.

I think it's more likely that there's so much awesome contained in that book that the full exposure of TWO copies would kill most people. It's a safety measure, you see.

Obviously

Top Bottom