• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Awwww Drifter is ending after its next arc. So that means I have 5 issues left to figure out WTF is going on. It's probably for the best though. The book has a real Lost vibe and books with that kind of vibe shouldn't go on forever. **coughcoughMorningGloriescoughcough**
I'm a solid... dozen or so issues behind so I might finally have time to catch up now!!
People were flipping them and the black edition. Soft cover is out this month too I believe.

ah. cool that they're taking steps to stop that, 'cause that's lame

Awwww Drifter is ending after its next arc. So that means I have 5 issues left to figure out WTF is going on. It's probably for the best though. The book has a real Lost vibe and books with that kind of vibe shouldn't go on forever. **coughcoughMorningGloriescoughcough**

Ending ending, or cancelled.petering out ending? I'm just about to jump on too, first trade is in my basket. If you'd mentioned lost last time we talked about it, I'd probably have bought it on the spot.

Suppose Brandon has VS and Black Cloud coming up, not everyone is rick remender.
Can't believe morning glories is only half way through.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ending ending, or cancelled.petering out ending? I'm just about to jump on too, first trade is in my basket. If you'd mentioned lost last time we talked about it, I'd probably have bought it on the spot.

Suppose Brandon has VS and Black Cloud coming up, not everyone is rick remender.
Can't believe morning glories is only half way through.

The way Brandon talks about it at the end it seems like this is the natural conclusion. Hard to tell though when everything is so mysterious.

TheFlow

Banned
I might as well finish out this second arc of papergirls. I am in no rush to read it though.

Going to read all of IDW TMNT including the spinoffs/mini titles this week.

Someone wanted to know how the cinema I work at look so have a nightly(23:00)picture from when I left after banking everything:
imageuhs5a.jpeg

BC: DC October variant covers.

Sadist

A major death that was coming in “IvX” was actually scrapped because it was discussed and didn’t seem necessary. “It would have been done just for the sake of doing it, so we aren’t doing it.”

Well I guess that's good? Still don't know what to think.

The longer I see current X-books being so... uninteresting, the more I wished we'd actually got something like a Planet X kind of thing. All of the mutants going "fuck y'all humans, we don't want to live on this planet anymore" and just traveled the cosmos until they find Planet X and all of it's crazy quirks.

Someone wanted to know how the cinema I work at look so have a nightly(23:00)picture from when I left after banking everything:

That looks awesome man, cool sign!

Read Black Canary 1-4. This is a really nice meaty trade, goes up to issue 7. Book is really good fun, it has a nice pulpy irrelevant tone but with some nice heart and character underneath. The tone and style.make up for it not being the deepest character study I've read. The art is reaaally good and shout out to Loughridge's colors, it all just comes together to.make a fun experience.

Messi, do you remember if Sejic renewed his exclusivity contract with Top Cow?

@Death of X: I'm looking forward to the CMX sales more than I do the actual book.

Sandfox

Well I guess that's good? Still don't know what to think.

The longer I see current X-books being so... uninteresting, the more I wished we'd actually got something like a Planet X kind of thing. All of the mutants going "fuck y'all humans, we don't want to live on this planet anymore" and just traveled the cosmos until they find Planet X and all of it's crazy quirks.
DoX and IvX should be interesting to follow and I expect changing coming out, but we'll have to wait and see on how interesting the changes end up being.
Thanks for sharing that!

Looks like this will really fill the gap between Secret Wars and ANAD. Considering this is the only book that we have that does that (and technically Unworthy Thor), hopefully we'll be able to piece together what happened to the Marvel Universe right before Secret Wars was supposed to happen.
We have a pretty good idea about what other characters were doing at the timr.
That one thread got bumped.
A ghost!
Tbh, I liked the issues where he finally died.
Just the way he died in the end was stupid.
He should've died yelling Jean's name Cyclops style.

Top Bottom