• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Invincible Iron Man #7 - War Machines part 2 guest starring Spidey (the Parker one). Great dialogue with MJ as Tiny does a little interview beforw flying off to Tokyo to help Rhodes. I keep waiting the book to gall apart and it hasnt so thats cool. No Doom this issue tho so boo.

Spider Man #2 - Blackheart gets owned and Miles looks good for the people and the Avengers (I guess this is before he joined). Cool stuff with the OG Spidey too kinda passing the torch (or at least giving his blessing) Book is super fun and super cute. Thats 2 for 2 on Bendis tonight huh. Also this art is fantastic, I need more Sara Picheli in my life.

Messi

If the art quality of Batgirl is going to drop further after this arc then yeesh. Rafael Albuquerque is doing a really meh work on that book. He is so much better than that art. Compare Batgirl to American Vampire and it's night and day.

Spider Man #2 - Blackheart gets owned and Miles looks good for the people and the Avengers (I guess this is before he joined). Cool stuff with the OG Spidey too kinda passing the torch (or at least giving his blessing) Book is super fun and super cute. Thats 2 for 2 on Bendis tonight huh. Also this art is fantastic, I need more Sara Picheli in my life.

Miles-man is so good. I read these for the first time a while ago and really enjoyed them. Glad they brought him over from the Ultimate line.

If the art quality of Batgirl is going to drop further after this arc then yeesh. Rafael Albuquerque is doing a really meh work on that book. He is so much better than that art. Compare Batgirl to American Vampire and it's night and day.

Maybe the difference between a paycheck and a passion project.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Miles-man is so good. I read these for the first time a while ago and really enjoyed them. Glad they brought him over from the Ultimate line.

Marvel has a bunch of "this is just fun" books right now dont they?

Or well, they did 6 months ago
before CW2 lol

I'm pretty sure she was banging the shit out of Supes.
One of the artist on Superman/Wonder Woman talked about taking out a scene with them in the bed naked.
We'll see when Hit-Girl comes out but I think this is as good as his old AV work.

mreddie

Marvel has a bunch of "this is just fun" books right now dont they?

Or well, they did 6 months ago
before CW2 lol

You know some books were gonna get serious, it's just they happened to be event related.

Young heroes are bound to know it isn't sunshine and roses.

Messi

Maybe the difference between a paycheck and a passion project.

Probably. He did these two commissions last week and to me they are better than most of what he has been putting into books recently.

14269013_246957532367159_1191174915_n.jpg

13731317_1293122734032290_1048300105_n.jpg

He mentioned really wanting to get back to it.

Messi

One of the artist on Superman/Wonder Woman talked about taking out a scene with them in the bed naked.

We'll see when Hit-Girl comes out but I think this is as good as his old AV work.

His Batgirl art? I couldn't disagree more. His art does not suit an upbeat book. The same problem in huck a few months ago. His art shines in dark grimy horror books.

Sandfox

The backlash from that is probably why the Superman scene was cut.

“it was just sex for God’s sake! It doesn’t have to mean anything"

Dreadful book. But DC have always been purrfectly ok showing Selinas sexual nature. She is badish after all.
That's a terrible message for the audience lol.

Messi

Artists' commissions are usually better than their interior work.

And imo his American Vampire interiors are a large step above what he has delivered recently. I'd even say some of second cycles art was bad. He changed his artstyle to include these washes and it looks bad.

--

BTW guillem march was told to redraw pages of naked Selina as they were too sexual for Catwoman 2-3

Rhaknar

If by "this is just fun" you mean "these are the books we'll cancel first," then yes.

Srsly, I think Mockingbird, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-man are the Marvel books I look forward to most.

Shut your dirty pie hole with that realism negativity!

mreddie

If by "this is just fun" you mean "these are the books we'll cancel first," then yes.

Srsly, I think Mockingbird, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-man are the Marvel books I look forward to most.

Some of the fun stuff are still truckin' NOW 2.0 looks the same but who the fuck was asking for a Solo solo?

I saw some recent March commissions and they were gorgeous. Maybe he's happier being a cover artist, but I do hope he does some interiors again (preferably independent!)

His Batgirl art? I couldn't disagree more. His art does not suit an upbeat book. The same problem in huck a few months ago. His art shines in dark grimy horror books.

I think his Huck stuff was super impressive, and his Batgirl art a Trumpian mess. American Vampire is on a whole different level than either.

What would Harley be like if they took sex out of her book? Isn't that like 90% of her material?

A shitty book is a shitty book, with or without fan service.

I love the art in the current series. Anyone know if Domino will be back in the book?

Nice to see he has started doing commissions again. He had stopped for a while.
I should've specified - convention sketches, albeit dope ones. Idk if he does private commissions

Ross61

Frankly, I find Wonder Woman's relationships contrived and forced messes. But I think the same with all the of trinity.

Top Bottom