• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

It's not too late to specify that Magik is over 21 in your erotic fanfiction.

aRxsZA2.gif

tim1138

Read the second issue last night and then bought the rest of the issues right after. :p

I don't normally promote physical over digital, but IST still has all five of the trades available. At an issue a week it's gonna take about 3/4 of a year for it all to hit CMX.

Goodstyle

Lol. So I finally got around to start reading All Star Section 8 (which is fantastic so far, by the way), and it reminded me of that time JC misinterpreted Batman's censored dialogue as something horribly racist. I can't for the life of me find the post, but that was one of the all-time great ComicsGAF moments.

Edit: YES. Found it. The action starts here.

Holy shit, that's hilarious.

All I see is the cables.
We're moving in around 4 months and none of us wanted to go to the trouble of setting things up behind plastic, carpet etc only to have to remove it. We've only lived here for around 2 months while waiting on our real apartment to become available(it's being built).

We've gotten used to ignoring it.

Whoever at DC that decided to assign Mark Russel The Flintstones needs a promotion and large amounts of cocaine. People need to read this.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck. Finally grabbed a House of M OHC.
Ordinary price 130€, got it for 30€

Now I only need Planet Hulk and I got every Marvel event of the last 10 years oversized <3

Owzers

We're moving in around 4 months and none of us wanted to go to the trouble of setting things up behind plastic, carpet etc only to have to remove it. We've only lived here for around 2 months while waiting on our real apartment to become available(it's being built).

We've gotten used to ignoring it.

what if you trip and fall into the cables and have to make your home inside of them after losing your sense of direction?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Checking the sale out, I think I'm grabbing the first four trades before it ends and a few more when the Christmas and ending sales happen. 22 total trades is insane and makes me wish it had digital omnibuses available collecting 4 or so trades each.

Someone wanted to see the gaming/movie TV my father and I use:

Yeah that is a decent sized TV.

The fun thing is most of it is internet cables for the PS4, wi-fi, father's Apple TV, etc and one of them is 10 meters long but is only used ro cover like 2 meters.

If it helps man first thing I noticed was the sheer size of it, then the reflection of all those shelves haha. Is that all movies, or have you got books on there too?

Of course the I noticed the cables :L

If it helps man first thing I noticed was the sheer size of it, then the reflection of all those shelves haha. Is that all movies, or have you got books on there too?

Of course the I noticed the cables :L
My father has been collecting DVD's and movie books for decades. We have like 7 different versions of A New Hope. Pretty nice to know that if I ever feel like watching a good movie that came out before 2006 it's probably up there somewhere.

No interest for that Lemire project I posted on the last page then, huh? I thought it looked interesting. If done right and not too preachy or "We've picked this because of course we will be praised" it could be genuinely interesting. Do we actually have any Canadian posters in here?

Aceun

Man, are there any other DC books worth reading other than Arrow?

Action Comics is boring me,
Flash is Trash
Wonder Woman is a tradewait.

I'm reading the Superman family books and Wonder Woman. Tradewaiting Wonder Woman makes sense. It's good, but 1 issue at a time with two different stories is rough.

New Super-Man is my surprise book and easily the best book on my pull list. This is followed closely by Superman.

Superwoman and Supergirl are still too early to tell, but Supergirl has already grabbed me more than the other books did (exception being New Super-Man).

I guess it got delayed at the same time that JLA got delayed, but then JLA's creative team got announced recently with still no word on Super Sons? Booooooooo

This was not a good week of comics for me.

Aquaman, #6
[2/5]: This arc ended but it feels entirely unfinished. The entire story took aoout 2-3 issues worth of content and stretched it out with basic political conflict for extra padding. It managed to end on such an uneventful note as well. Dropped (finally).

Doctor Strange, #11
[2/5]: A pretty poor interim issue. I can see it tried to setup the next arc but it didn't really do much to accomplish that except to give a couple of bits on the villain.

Invincible Iron Man, #13
[2/5]: The progression for this comic is non-existant, yet I stuck around with it because I really enjoyed most of the issues. This one was a bit of a mess though. There's an emotional reaction to an event from Civil War II that feels like it's 4-5 months too late, not to mention executed pretty poorly. Next issue promises... progress but I haven't decided yet if I want to stick around.

Batman, #6
[2/5]: This issue ended up being a string of really ineffective moments that were saved by the payoff at the end that worked, but also something that I think would have worked without the needless buildup of the majority of the rest of the issue. Kite-Man was cool. Everything, not so much.

Moon Knight, #6
[4/5]: I'm liking how this is slowly unravelling Marc's mind. This issue was great in piecing together much of what happend in the first arc.

Superman, #6
[3/5]: Decent conclusion to a storyline that felt like it should have ended last issue, or maybe one before that. It ran out of steam. The story was much stronger when focused on the family and was at it's weakest when it became dedicated to Eradicator for so many issues.

Risible

I asked this once before but I can't find the answer someone gave me. My apologies for asking again.

I'm trying to remember some story where there was a great danger to the world and some entity was taking over superheroes. They finally force it out of whoever it was in and I guess it always jumps to the most powerful superhero nearby and everyone's like "Holy shit get Thor away before it jumps into him!"

Except it turns out it jumped into Dr. Doom and he's like fuck all y'alls now you know I'm the fucking king and he goes into the portal to take the entity with him, and the story ends with him on some desolate planet/plane full of monsters and he's cracking his knuckles like he's about to get to work and saying "Finally a challenge" and I was like OMG I LOVE YOU.

Can anyone help?

I asked this once before but I can't find the answer someone gave me. My apologies for asking again.

I'm trying to remember some story where there was a great danger to the world and some entity was taking over superheroes. They finally force it out of whoever it was in and I guess it always jumps to the most powerful superhero nearby and everyone's like "Holy shit get Thor away before it jumps into him!"

Except it turns out it jumped into Dr. Doom and he's like fuck all y'alls now you know I'm the fucking king and he goes into the portal to take the entity with him, and the story ends with him on some desolate planet/plane full of monsters and he's cracking his knuckles like he's about to get to work and saying "Finally a challenge" and I was like OMG I LOVE YOU.

Can anyone help?
I have no idea, but now I want to read it

frye

It seems like aside from Preacher and Hitman most people in ComicsGaf really dislike Ennis. I loved the Boys, but certainly recognize that it's divisive. His War Stories and similar grounded war comics are really solid as well.

Is anyone else here a fan of his more over the top stuff like The Pro, The Boys, All Star Section 8, etc,,,?

I think The Pro is pretty minor as far as Ennis goes, it's just... one joke stretched out 100 pages. The Boys is some of the best comics Ennis has ever written but it's also some of the dumbest (more the former towards the end and more of the latter towards the beginning). ASS8 is straight up brilliant, really fucking strong stuff.

Can anyone help?
Did it look something like this?

Top Bottom