• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

VanWinkle

I will say that, from everything I've read, Tynion writes a better Batman, even though I think King is easily a better writer.

Benjamin Dewey (Autumlands, creator of Tiger Boobs) is currently working on a Stranger Things print and I think it looks really amazing so far.

That looks great.

Batman/TMNT

Ok, yeah I have heard great things about that.

Benjamin Dewey (Autumlands, creator of Tiger Boobs) is currently working on a Stranger Things print and I think it looks really amazing so far.

No you aren't missing something. I just love everything ive read from him and love how he treats Batman characters.

That's why I'm loving Detective Comics! lol, I just can't compare it to Vision and Omega Men. All cool though, just wondered. All I really knew of before Tec was some of B&R Eternal and I have a passionate hate for that book.

Messi

Ok, yeah I have heard great things about that.

That's why I'm loving Detective Comics! lol, I just can't compare it to Vision and Omega Men. All cool though, just wondered. All I really knew of before Tec was some of B&R Eternal and I have a passionate hate for that book.

I loved Batman and Robin Eternal lol. I didn't say Tom King was bad. He is quite excellent. I just want Tynion to be considered in those conversations.

VanWinkle

I loved Batman and Robin Eternal lol. I didn't say Tom King was bad. He is quite excellent. I just want Tynion to be considered in those conversations.

I prefer he works on Detective, though, since I find the team concept more interesting.

You're right, though, that he should be in the conversations for quality Batman writers. He just needs more long form stuff under his belt. Give it a couple of years.

the Constantine the Hellblazer series he co-wrote with Ming Doyle was also pretty good

Finished the pre-SW run of Silk and the second run i've read that had a rushed ending due to SW (Spider-Woman being the other). I liked it otherwise, though!

mreddie

Man, are there any other DC books worth reading other than Arrow?

Action Comics is boring me,
Flash is Trash
Wonder Woman is a tradewait.

Hagi

Flash is Trash

Detective Comics, Superman, Supergirl and I'm sure there's something else that I'm forgetting.

Ross61

Flash is Trash
Supergirl, Superwoman, New Superman, Batman, Detective Comics, All Star Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl/ BoP, Deathstroke, Superman, Blue Beetle, Hal Jordan and Corps. And I think Flash is great.

Messi

I thought Batgirl was just bad. Birds of Prey ain't far behind either. I just wan't a Helena book. Shes the only reason I am buying that book now.

TheFlow

Banned

Flash is Trash
If that is all you are reading then yea you done messed up.

New superman
Nightwing
Detective
Superman
Batman
Red hood

Those are al the solid ones with more than 1 issue behind them.

Wonder Woman is solid as well but it is probably not your cup of tea

Batgirl: had a solid start but you have to get past the white girl cliche and knowing the art quality will most likely dip after this arc

Hagi

I thought Batgirl was just bad. Birds of Prey ain't far behind either. I just wan't a Helena book. Shes the only reason I am buying that book now.

I'd read a Helena ongoing no problem, she's the most interesting of the trio by far. She should team up with Selina so all my dreams could come true at once.

Goodstyle

The latest Injustice issue reminded me of how great the Joker/Harley pairing is. *Sigh... How I miss them.

YES I KNOW IT ISN'T A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP, DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT THIS ISN'T TUMBLR/TWITTER, GOD!

mreddie

If that is all you are reading then yea you done messed up.

New superman
Nightwing
Detective
Superman
Batman
Red hood

Those are al the solid ones with more than 1 issue behind them.

Wonder Woman is solid as well but it is probably not your cup of tea

Batgirl: had a solid start but you have to get past the white girl cliche and knowing the art quality will most likely dip after this arc

New Supes, AS Bats is too early
Detective is good
Batman is tradewait

Boogiepop

You guys talking Archie reminded me that they did apparently FINALLY put out a trade in their Sonic/Mega Man line after what I believe is now over a year of delays. And it's Sonic Boom volume 1. I... guess I'm glad to see some movement there finally, but to be honest I'm pretty sure I just don't care any more at this point. They've screwed up badly enough with the trades that I'm pure digital on those things at this point, despite how much those delays were driving me nuts for a while. Like, if they put out the rest of Mega Man I'd probably grab those trades, but I'm pretty sure they actually cancelled that line of trades as well.

In more exciting news, yay, Ace Attorney 6 is out! Already one case in, probably actually going to truck through this one, despite having trouble making time for games lately...

Flash is Trash

I agree when you on all three books, so take these as you will.

Great
Detective Comics
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Good
Superman
Wonder Woman - modern

Meh
All Star Batman
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batgirl and these other girls
Batman
Blue Beetle
Hal Jordan
Justice League
New Super-Man
Supergirl
Superwoman
Titans
Wonder Woman - origin

It's Fucking Trash
Action Comics
Deathstroke
Flash
Harley Quinn
Suicide Squad
Whatever else I've overlooked

DC Rebirth: Meh.

TheFlow

Banned
You guys talking Archie reminded me that they did apparently FINALLY put out a trade in their Sonic/Mega Man line after what I believe is now over a year of delays. And it's Sonic Boom volume 1. I... guess I'm glad to see some movement there finally, but to be honest I'm pretty sure I just don't care any more at this point. They've screwed up badly enough with the trades that I'm pure digital on those things at this point, despite how much those delays were driving me nuts for a while. Like, if they put out the rest of Mega Man I'd probably grab those trades, but I'm pretty sure they actually cancelled that line of trades as well.

In more exciting news, yay, Ace Attorney 6 is out! Already one case in, probably actually going to truck through this one, despite having trouble making time for games lately...
Own all of the games only played 2 hours worth of the first game. Not sure why I binged bought all of them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tragic is a Marvel fanboy confirmed.

Im so proud ;_;

Detective, New Super-Man and Superman are the best Rebirth books I'm pulling
I liked All-Star Batman 1 more than most but it is early
Batman and Deathstroke are mehhhh but I keep pulling them
Still not sure where I'm at with Wonder Woman but I'm pulling that too
And...that's it

Cyborg is one of the only ones I didn't even try, it looked so awful

I'm really really excited for Young Animal. I think my biggest problem with Rebirth is that the entire line feels so safe, I'm ready to get down

The latest Injustice issue reminded me of how great the Joker/Harley pairing is. *Sigh... How I miss them.

YES I KNOW IT ISN'T A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP, DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT THIS ISN'T TUMBLR/TWITTER, GOD!
I know you! Your the guy that despises current Harley whenever a thread is made about her!

Manapul, please don't let me down with Trinity. You can DO THIS.

Actually, I thought his Detective Comics run was pretty good.
Eh Manapul can't seem to rise above "ok"

QUOTE=Sandfox;216349234]Rucka needs to make Wonder Woman pregnant or something so we can get a kid trinity book.[/QUOTE]
I've only read one story where I recall WW got pregnant.
End of Kingdom Come
And if John's was around I could see him find a way to pull that into the mainline universe. But it'd get crazy!

PsychBat!

Banned
Own all of the games only played 2 hours worth of the first game. Not sure why I binged bought all of them

I'm 32, TheFlow. And I'm here celebratin' the fact that I spent another year scrapin' dishes and waitressin' which is what I've been doin' since 13. And according to you, I'll be 37 'fore I can even throw a decent punch, which I have to admit, after workin' on this speed bag for a month and getting nowhere, may be the God's simple truth. Other truth is, my brother's in prison, my sister cheats on welfare by pretendin' one of her babies is still alive, my daddy's dead, and my momma weighs 312 pounds. If I was thinkin' straight, I'd go back home, find a used trailer, buy a deep fryer and some Oreos.

VanWinkle

Eh Manapul can't seem to rise above "ok"

I know, but I want to believe.

His stuff is the kind where, it's good enough for me BECAUSE the art is so incredible that the "ok" writing can somewhat fade into the background. If the writing was straight up terrible I wouldn't be interested, but I don't think he is a straight up terrible writer. I just think it's kind of...ehh.

Tragic is a Marvel fanboy confirmed.

Im so proud ;_;

In fairness, I'm pulling 3-4 Rebirth titles per week and zero Marvel ones
because I'm financially savvy enough to read everything they do when it hits MU.

But the Rebirth list shrinks every week when DC pushes stupid shit like five issues of Superman and Doomsday hitting each other with trains and buses.

DC being afraid of some backlash about her being unpure? Just let her bang the shit out of Steve.

il_570xN.715917975_6xlv.jpg

Top Bottom