• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

This was not a good week of comics for me.

Invincible Iron Man, #13
[2/5]: The progression for this comic is non-existant, yet I stuck around with it because I really enjoyed most of the issues. This one was a bit of a mess though. There's an emotional reaction to an event from Civil War II that feels like it's 4-5 months too late, not to mention executed pretty poorly. Next issue promises... progress but I haven't decided yet if I want to stick .

Bendis all over. He can be a great writer but he really needs an editor who's going to send back his scripts when nothing happens. It's telling when even trade waiters can feel the same after 6 issues in one go. That's all he needs.

No comic reading for me today yet, probably read the rest of Black Canary vol. 1 later today.

Finished Dolores Claiborne though, which marks 35/55 of Kings novels done. I decided around 2010 I would make the time and read through them all after reading through the dark tower series twice. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm done but it's been a ride.

Owzers

I forgot i had a dcbs shipment coming today, maybe comics aren't something to get excited about anymore? It's just a bunch of words and pictures on dead trees anyways.

Apparently it's national milkshake day. Have one on me brahs

eatscov21f-25-web.jpg

Lol. So I finally got around to start reading All Star Section 8 (which is fantastic so far, by the way), and it reminded me of that time JC misinterpreted Batman's censored dialogue as something horribly racist. I can't for the life of me find the post, but that was one of the all-time great ComicsGAF moments.

Edit: YES. Found it. The action starts here.
It's a good thing we don't listen to that guy's takes anymore!!!
The comics gods are smiling upon this day, there's a Shade the Changing Girl preview

http://www.newsarama.com/30968-preview-shade-the-changing-girl-1.html
Into it

ElNarez

Banned
the only thing of Doom Patrol #1 I've read are those four Niles Caulder panels that were on Bleeding Cool man I can't fucking wait

Messi

Guys. My knee is all fucked up. I have had a pain in it for months but in the last two days it's gotten way worse. I can't bend down without excruciating pain. I can feel pain when just standing on it. I feel like I am 90 years old. The pain makes me want to fuckin curl up in a ball.

Am I dying. It feels like I am dying.

I might actually buy the #1s of the young animal books, for the chat.

Played a bit of this free overwatch weekend thing. Handles a bit like borderlands?

Guys. My knee is all fucked up. I have had a pain in it for months but in the last two days it's gotten way worse. I can't bend down without excruciating pain. I can feel pain when just standing on it. I feel like I am 90 years old. The pain makes me want to fuckin curl up in a ball.

Swollen? If swollen, ice. If not swollen, try a warm wet towel wrapped around it man. Does it feel like a muscle or a nerve thing? Should get it checked man.

If I have a nagging problem for more than a week or two, I go to a doctor.

#CommonSense

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Please see a doctor tomorrow

See a doctor as soon as possible. Worst case you have a bone fracture.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Gonna be spending the weekend at my brothers so I'm probably going to burn through most of if not all of my Marvel backlog. Then I'll be ready to start Annihilation Conquest on Monday!

If I have a nagging problem for more than a week or two, I go to a doctor.

#CommonSense

Me too. Last time it happened I had poison ivy covering both of my arms. That was in 2001 lol.

TheFlow

Banned
I haven't been a big fan just because it feels like a lesser version of Grayson with him now just in the Nightwing costume. He's still being the double agent, he's still got a partner that he doesn't always get along with. It just feels like the same thing but the dialogue is now worse? I dunno, thinking about dropping it.
Damn that sucks

Finished Black Canary vol 1. I really dug the style, the art, imo the book was at its best during the wacky creative fight scenes and when it got really zany, the team came up with some real awesome stuff especially during the battle of the bands and the final fight in issue 7. The weakest point at times was definitely the plotting. I think they wanted to just drop you in it running and that worked at certain points, but there was a few times the plotting seems to unravel for a little while or disconnect with me or something.

Special shout out to the last issue though. For any ups and downs, when they pull it all together it's actually surprisingly epic, and there's a really great cliffhanger.

I would probably recommend to anyone who already liked the other stuff Fletcher was working on at the time, gotham academy and batgirl, but if those did nothing for you, not sure it would do anything for you, and it's maybe the most difficult to jump into.

Batman volume 8: Superheavy next

Owzers

Started Suicide Squad #1, I'm immediately annoyed that the Rebirth #1 and start of this issue seem to be going over the same territory making the rebirth issue as useless as it felt when i read it upon release.

Owzers

Suicide Squad #1: A mess. I'm going with birdie's yarking wordage. Here's your 12ish pages of a non-story with your on-rails back-up, and those first 12 pages were worse than my lowered expectations after they announced how the book would be formatted.

Congratulations on putting out a book that can share in the popularity of the movie, such a grand accomplishment.

Top Bottom